What are you planning on doing first...

McSalsa

Well, I'm back with another poll. This time, it's a "what will you do when Kings Island re-opens" poll? I give you 8 choices, plus a "Other/Comment" choice. So, what are you planning on doing on April 17th, 2010...or whenever you first get to the park...enjoy.

PS: IF YOU DON'T LIKE POLLS, CLICK BACK.

cool.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As is our opening-day tradition since 1980, we're going to stop halfway across the parking lot and, on the count of three, yell "Look at the size of that Kings Island Tower!" Then, of course, make our annual trip up the landmark to survey the vast expanses below.

I just realized...1980 was 30 years ago!blink.gif

First, I plan on sprinting to one of my favorite steel coasters and my favorite thrilling ride at KI, Diamondback. Then, I'll see what SOB's status is if no announcement is made since that's one of my favorite wooden coasters. I'll probably do everything else on the list at some point in time during the day except stand around not knowing what to do, but I'm not sure what order it'll be in.

I'll probably go to Diamondback and be on the first train out of the station (Hopefully!) Than once ERT is almost over, I'll get as close to SOB (if open, if not, than Drop Zone) as possible and once the rope drops, jog towards either one and be on the first cycle! And also, on Indiana Beach's opening day (I plan on making IB my new homepark) I will be riding Cornball first, in row 3!

That wait time of two hours and fifteen minutes didn`t last very long on opening day. By around 1:30 in the afternoon, the wait time was down to about an hour and fifteen minutes. And by the evening on opening day, it was down to about an hour. Which isn`t bad.

Hopefully, when I go to Kings Island on opening day this year, I will have already checked out another Cedar Fair park opening a new ride. this year. Although I haven`t decided which park to try and hit up.

As is our opening-day tradition since 1980, we're going to stop halfway across the parking lot and, on the count of three, yell "Look at the size of that Kings Island Tower!" Then, of course, make our annual trip up the landmark to survey the vast expanses below.

I just realized...1980 was 30 years ago!blink.gif

Oh your not telling me it was 30 years ago. I turn the big 30, 3 days after KI opens it's gates for the 2010 season.

...And also, on Indiana Beach's opening day (I plan on making IB my new homepark) I will be riding Cornball first, in row 3!

Why row 3? That is the front seat of the second car....

I've only ridden Cornball 3 times so far (front, row 3, and second to back seats) and row three was the best, or atleast to me it is. This summer I plan on going to IB many many many times, and hopefully reach into the hundreds on Cornball.

Last year and the year before i just took a few minutes to wonder around the park to see what has changed, so i suppose i will do that again this year. Then check out the "handywork" done over in PS.........................Then sprint to................... the snake of steel or maybe even the creature of wood (the oldest creature of wood, ofcoursetongue.gif )

By the time I got there the line was out & around by Larosa'a Pizza... How long of a wait was that?

The maximum wait time I heard on opening day last year was about two hours and fifteen minutes...Anyone here have a different story?

We waited about two hours and a half hours from the bathrooms by Back Lot Stunt Coaster (but this was from getting back there while first ride auction was still going on). Once the line opened to the public, we waited about 2 hours. I would think the line would've been nearly three hours starting at 10 am since it went so far back in Rivertown. But yeah, I waited about an hour for my later rides around 12:30 or 1.

I'm really curious how they bare going to retheme some rides in Planet Snoopy, such as Avatar, then probably get reacquainted with some old favorites, such as DB beast Vortex, and all the others. Then figure out what's up with Son of Beast than Blue Ice Cream!

The Hoosier Hurricane had lots of airtime when it opened, but it hasn't now for many years. I find it difficult to ride it much given the other rides in that park. I usually ride it in the front these days...

Cornball is a much better coaster in my opinion, but Cornball and HH are still my favorites in the park. Galaxi was the first coaster I rode when little, so it has some sentimental value to me as well.