ride times

rsipus13

Cedar Point opening day in 2000, I waited roughly 4 hours for Millennium Force and it was totally worth it. Same in 2003 about 3 hours for Top Thrill Dragster, worth it at the time, but now I wouldnt wait more then 90 minutes for it now. For any ride that I have ridden before, outside of Millennium, My limit is about an hour and a half. Millennium I would wait 2 for.

I have waited over 2 hours for Spiderman before, but that was when I was younger and had never experienced it before. I would wait over that to ride something along the lines (No pun intended) of a Magnum, Millennium, Beast, or Maverick.

It's amazing how as I get older the less I'm inclined to wait in a line over an hour unless one of the following applies:

* I'm at a park other than KI (unless a big new ride at KI is opening, i.e. DB)

* I'm at a park where there's a new-to-me ride that I'd kick myself for not getting on and that isn't feasible to travel back soon (ex.: X2 at Magic Mountain)

* I'm with someone who is in the above category

* Every other wait in said park is over an hour (Cedar Point if you catch an unlucky break with crowds/school trips in late May or early June)

Having said that, I've waited 6 hours for our inaugural ride on Flight of Fear, 3 hours for our first ride on SOB, and like many others here were at KI at just after 7 am on DBs opening day. I wouldn't have it any other way because of the stories involved in each, but waiting in line now for more than an hour for any ride just becomes more of a chore than anything else unless one of the above conditions apply.

I voted an hour, but I completely agree with gad198's conditions above. I remember waiting 2+ hours for Hypersonic at KD in 2002, through a long period of downtime for maintainance. It was my first (and so far, only) time I've been there, so I had to wait. Good thing I did too, because now it's no longer there. And I just love it when people leave the line during downtime, and I get to move up!

Yeah. Although, I waited nearly an hour and a half for Firehawk this past October when I was at KI with my cousin. It broke down after we were in line about forty minutes, and we waited it out for fifteen minutes, it reopened, and then went down again. By the time we left line (it still hadn`t reopened) we had been in line for an hour and a half. Too bad we didn`t get to ride it.

Yes, I never got to ride Hypersonic. So far my one and only visit to Kings Dominion came in 2000, the year before Hypersonic was installed. Hopefully, I`ll be able to make it out to Kings Dominion again this year to ride their big new ride.

• 5 weeks later...

I guess it is just me, but I am not a big Maverick fan. It just doesn`t do anything for me. I`d much rather ride Millenium Force or Magnum over Maverick.

it's not just you, the only reason i ride maverick is for the dark tunnel launch and the last over-banked turn, and the over-banked turn is only because i think it looks awesome.

but anyway, i would wait up to two and a half hours for my favorite ride, but only if the other rides at that park had that long of lines too.

on a side note, last summer when i went to disney world, my family and i waited about two and a half hours just to ride peter pan's magical flight and after waiting in that line and riding, i realized that it wasn't as good as the time i rode it when i was three.:(

• 3 weeks later...

I've done enough standing and baby stepping to rides, and do enough of it at work too LOL. I just don't have the patience anymore, experiencing huge let downs like the Stunt Coaster have made me gun shy. Anyone recall the opening day for that one? Man! I seen a few pass outs and a ton of step outs, and then to get on the ride and make it to the end I was like "Was that all?"

• 1 month later...

IF you count waiting at the drop off lot/at the metal detectors AND going through all the switchbacks in a short amount of time on Opening Day last season then I waited about 6 hours to ride Diamondback since I was there at 3:15 in the morning that day (I've talked to someone who actually does consider that to be a wait time for a ride. I really don't, though, because I wasn't actually in the physical queue line or line that extended out of the queue line for the duration of that time.).

Actually in line, the most I've ever waited was 2 hours for Son of Beast in its opening season.

However, I don't think I've waited more than 45 minutes to ever ride my current favorite ride and that was because it broke down. Besides that, I don't think I've really waited too much longer than 20 minutes for The Voyage.