Where do you see PKI in ten years?

BoddaH1994

I'm just curious as to where you guys see the park in ten years. What rides do you think will be added? Which rides will be removed? Will any new records be set? What about the food, shows, attractions, customer service, themeing, Paramount ownership?

Let's see how good of oracles you guys are!

-Ryan

Good one Ryan!

1. First off Kings Island changes the "haunted" attraction in Hanna-Barbera Land every 10 years. Hence, I predict that in 10 years from now SDATHC will be replaced by a Nickelodeon themed haunted kiddie attraction.

2. I predict that starting in 2005 or 2006 PKI will slowly start to shrink Hanna-Barbera Land as it expands Nickelodeon Central. I think that rides, eateries, games, and shops in Hanna-Barbera Land will be re-named and re-themed much the way PKI is doing with WaterWorks' transformation into Boomerang Bay.

3. I predict that after SDATHC goes - Hanna-Barbera Land will cease to exist and there will only be one children's area......Nickelodeon Central, though the name may be changed to celebrate its increased size.

4. I predict that in 2006 or 2007 Oktoberfest Gardens will be divided between International Street (Festhaus, Airbrushed Shirts, Portraits, and Woodworks); Paramout Action Zone (Sling Shot, Bubba Gump Shrimp Shack, Adventure Express, Age & Weight Guessing Game, and Kareoke Recording Studio); and Coney Mall (Viking, Cyber Sez, Remote Control Cars and Boats, and Jumping Jack Splash).

5. I predict that a large, non-record breaking steel roller coaster will be added by PKI in 2005.

6. I predict that by 2013 Craig Ross will be elevated to General Manager of Paramount's Kings and Jeff Siebert to GM of Paramount's Kings Island.

7. I predict another indoor thrill ride like TR:TR based on a not yet made hit Paramount movie.

8. I predict that Flight Team won't last and will be replaced by something else - maybe a large steel coaster.

That's my 2 cents.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

:chef:

well, i dont really have any precise predictions like chef's.... but i do like his ideas.

it is my beleif that in the next 10 years, PKI will continue to grow, and expand. since they are trying to be more of a theme park than a thrill riders paradise, i beleive that they will add more themed rides and become more of a universial studios type park. perhaps more simulator rides like ET and Back to the Furture (only obviously with paramount themes) in the next ten years i see 2 major coasters and perhaps a wild mouse. as far as thrill rides are concerned maybe 2 or 3 flats as well, but i really think paramount is going to continue to become more of a family destination than anything.

just my thoughts. :cowboy:

I'm not really sure. But I think PKI will be bigger and better than it is now, which is kind of hard to imagine :D . I think there will be faster rides, that last longer.Maybe some kind of weird fast indoor ride. There will probley be more daring things to do besides things like the human Sling Shot and bungee.There will of course be more food joints and game booths.The rides we get attached too, will probley be gone, and replaced with others.Which can be a good thing or a bad thing.

To be added

Steel coaster

indoor ride

new trains on The Beast

Italian Chef restaurant

Captain Picard,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. If PKI would give me my own Italian restaurant at PKI, they'd see their profits significantly increase. :D I hope that someday they'll do it.

I wish you and your wife a great weekend!

Commander Italian Chef

flight team removed??? :censored: :censored: :censored:

Sorry, but I can't help but agree with him. From a regular park-goers point of view, the helicopter was really cool at first, but having it fly overhead and make all that noise just got really old as soon as the novelty wore off.

Congo Falls will more than likely stay for quite some time since it's the only water ride in the front of the park, it also has a constant ridership. I still remember peope on it in the snow lol.

1: Days Of Thunder Removed For A Flat

2: Renovated PTC trains for Racer And Beast

3: 2013 - New Video For Flight of Fear lol

4: Eifel Tower Paint Job

5: Either Top Gun Or Vortex Leaving

6: Intamin Or Boliger And Malibard Coaster :ph34r:

Forgive me for sounding selfish...but I hope to see a revised edition of The Unofficial Guidebook to Paramount's Kings Island in the next 10 years.

Sincerely,

Italian Chef

That's not selfish. We wish you the best!

If you do decide to make Gudebook v. 2, I'd recommend asking people on here what they want to see in it because, hey... we're your best audience.