Kings Island Review

HTCO

Check this out:

http://www.rollercoasterphilosophy.com/2009/kings-island/

Also, I found this in the review and I thought it was pretty funny.

Son of Beast

The most egregious roller coaster dereliction since ever. What were the designers thinking… or smoking… or injecting into their arms… when they built this ride? This enormous heap of fail would make better use as recycled toilet paper to wipe my sorry behind with than anything even approaching a roller coaster.

Exploring the ‘new’ park, the renaming of nearly every attraction that needed to be changed to avoid copyright infringement once their Paramount licensing was lost is frankly quite embarrassing. Top Gun’s transformation into “Flight Deck” or Drop Zone: Stunt Tower’s transformation into “Drop Tower” I think tells a lot about the attitude of the Cedar Fair management. Rather than re-brand their newly acquired Paramount Parks to be given a fresh identity to distinguish themselves from the old regime, Cedar Fair decided to find names that would allow them to both avoid re-themeing attractions AND avoid paying for even a trademark, let alone for licensing royalties. This is either genius or idiocy. Who ever thought that Flight Deck was even acceptable for a name? I’ll suspend my disbelief for a moment and believe that maybe they were having difficulty finding suitable alternative names that fit the fighter jet theme.

This is my favorite part.

Check this out:

http://www.rollercoa...9/kings-island/

Son of Beast

The most egregious roller coaster dereliction since ever. What were the designers thinking… or smoking… or injecting into their arms… when they built this ride? This enormous heap of fail would make better use as recycled toilet paper to wipe my sorry behind with than anything even approaching a roller coaster.

did you finish reading what he wrote about Son of Beast?

Such are examples of comments amongst internet newsgroup members that reflect their personal feelings towards the Son of Beast. So hold on to your hats when you hear what I’m about to say… Son of Beast is nearly as good as Diamondback.

so he was just saying what other people have said and that it isn't his personal opinion.

Check this out:

http://www.rollercoa...9/kings-island/

Son of Beast

did you finish reading what he wrote about Son of Beast?

Such are examples of comments amongst internet newsgroup members that reflect their personal feelings towards the Son of Beast. So hold on to your hats when you hear what I’m about to say… Son of Beast is nearly as good as Diamondback.

so he was just saying what other people have said and that it isn't his personal opinion.

Yes I did see that. I just thought the way he described Son of Beast was humorous. Also, "Son of Beast is nearly as good as Diamondback". PLEASE :)

Comparing SOB and Diamondback is like comparing Little Bill's to Maverick.

I want to know where he was sitting that allows him to use the adjective "smooth" and "Son of Beast" in the same sentence. Granted I found it enjoyable with the old trains, and he didn't so I suppose it's to each his own. The ride has potential, it just needs someone to love it.

Son of Beast is the second worse ride there behind Firehawk.

Of course i've only ridden SOB twice, once was about 2 trains before the accident that caused them to remove the loop...the second time was 2 years ago and the ride still wasn't fun, though I did not experience whiplash. Diamondback is great however.