I need a LOT of help with my 2010 park plans.

Please read my signature for park trips I am hoping to make. Feel free to suggest any places to eat (no seafood please), amusement parks I shouldn't miss, places worth going to, zoos/aquariums, historic monuments, odd things to see, anything you think that may be of interest to me (I'm really up for anything. I love to do new things and travel to new places!). Also feel free to expand on what to eat, see, and do at one or more of the parks I have listed. I really would love to make the most of my trips this year. I know that many on here are well traveled and can help me make my trips something that will never be forgotten.

Thanks in advance. <3

The trips I have planned are going to be epic. I've talked to several other people who are very much interested in going with me, or I with them, on these trips I have listed. A few of these were trips I had planned to make last year, but did not get to make. The words "rather large trip" scare me. I don't exactly have a money tree in my back yard. We will see when the time comes, but until this trip you speak of comes to life, I'm going to stick with my original plans. I have a full time job that requires a 2 week advance notice of any days off, and I'm a college student. I can't just randomly get up and go on some gigantic trip.

Well when you come to Indiana Beach, how about you also come to SFGAm? Adam mentioned he might do that this summer, and I'd be coming too. It'd be relatively cheap, you have a SF Pass, and IB isn't too expensive. For WoF and SFSTL, I have yet to go to either of those parks and would love to, so maybe if you got a few people from KIC to go, the gas would be cheaper for everyone. I can't really help you with SFOG, I've been twice, and hopefully I'll be going again this summer. I have family in Atlanta and we usually go every summer but we didn't the past two. I've been talking to Adam about a mini east coaster trip, and if it's cheap enough and my parents let me, I'll be going with him. I am sure he wouldn't mind more people coming. Im also interesting in a Intimidation tour on Negative-G forum.

Negative-G are some awesome people. I met quite a few of them at Six Flags St Louis. SF STL wouldn't be a new park for me, but it will be for Tom.

By the way, Nick, my possible trips are posted in my signature. :P

I'm all for clean parks with enthusiastic employees.. to me, it doesn't matter how awesome your rides are if your park is filthy and your employees are rude/couldn't care less about their jobs.

That SFGAd trip is very adventuresome and will take quite a bit more time than you think. Kennywood, Hersheypark, Dorney, etc., as you have them listed will take at least a week. Honest.

Also, certain educational events in particular on this calendar should be avoided at Great Adventure, if you want to miss a packed park:

http://www.sixflags....ndarevents.aspx

while doing beech bend that is in the bowling green area, might i highly suggest on going to the corvette museum. and since you'll be in the general area of cave country, i would also recomend swinging by cave city & horse cave. there are multiple caves to check out along with the alpine slides @ ky action park, a wild life museum, a western theme attraction called guntown mountain (that you get to ride a chairlift to & from the park), a wax museum, along with several gift shops & eateries that will make you feel like your eating in a roadside truck-stop/mom & pop place. i could go on all day, but to save time; check out this for more details: http://www.mammothcave.com/ & for the camping cabins i stayed @ on my NYE trip: http://koa.com/ & look for the horse cave campground on that website. also if you want to stay somewhere a little more unique, the have what is called the wig wam village tha is a hotel where all the rooms look like giant tee-pee's. enjoy your excursion & hopefully i can join you & tom on this trip to show you things you dont normally see. cool.gif

A trip to the Columbus Zoo/Jungle Jack's Landing/Zoombezi Bay would be good this summer...

The new Polar Frontier exhibit opens in late March with Polar Bears, Kodiak Bears, Arctic Fox, and Arctic Birds. It's supposed to be one of the best polar exhibits in the world.

They also have 2 adorable lion cubs born a few months ago that will be on exhibit this summer.

Beco the baby elephant is still a big draw too!

Here are the cubs, courtesy of the Columbus Zoo.

cubs1.jpg

cubs2-1.jpg

RAWR!

And Beco:

Beco.jpg

^ :o ! I love SFGAm! It was actually a really good clean park, with enthusiastic employees and of course probably one of the best collection of rides at a Six Flags.

Like what? I'd say American Eagle, Viper, and Vertical Velocity are the only good rides there. Raging Bull is easily the worst hyper I've been on (just under Goliath at SFMM), and if you've been on one Batman clone you've been on them all. It's a good park to see once for the credits, but after that I think it's largely over-priced and over-crowded.

That SFGAd trip is very adventuresome and will take quite a bit more time than you think. Kennywood, Hersheypark, Dorney, etc., as you have them listed will take at least a week. Honest.

Also, certain educational events in particular on this calendar should be avoided at Great Adventure, if you want to miss a packed park:

http://www.sixflags....ndarevents.aspx

That six-park trip you mentioned is basically a big if. I know that's not feasible unless I have quite a bit of time off, not to mention quite a bit of money. The two I want to visit most are SFGAdv and Hershey. The other four are options along the way.. who knows which option is best, I have no idea. I just want to go to Lakemont to ride Leap The Dips. :)

SFoG: Goliath is epic! Make sure you ride it more than once! You may be disappointed with employees though, some I encountered were rude

KD: Dominator is a ride that is painfully boring unless ridden in the front seat. I would much rather ride Vortex. However, If you sit in the front, it's a spectacular ride. Volcano is my favorite though.

BGE: My favorite park. Alpengeist is the best invert I've ridden, Loch Ness is the smoothest and most fun Arrow Looper I've been on, and Griffon is just something that must be ridden to understand.

• 2 weeks later...

Just posting to agree with Terpy about the trip east. It took me a full day to get my fix of just coasters at Hersheyand it wasn't even crowded. Seriously I rode no flats. You will love the GCI's ( ohh those Millennium Flyerswub.gif ), Storm Runner and Great Bear. Don't miss Comet either, it's such a classic. The place is simply amazing and I'm heading back next year! Oh and don't bother riding Fahrenheit anywhere but the front. I was amazed at how blah it was.

(Quote) DVO

Here's a tip for SFGAm. Don't expect much

(Quote)

(Quote)

^ ! I love SFGAm! It was actually a really good clean park, with enthusiastic employees and of course probably one of the best collection of rides at a Six Flags.

(Quote)

I ahve to agree with Dvo.I wasnt very impressed when I took my trip to SFGam last year. Yes it was clean, adn the employees were enthusiastic, but the ride selection didnt impress me. :/ just an opinion.