Great Wolf Lodge at Kings Island to Add Water Slide

I go by the parts to the new slide every morning, but every time, i am so tired, (and not really pumped because im on my way to school), that I forget to take pictures. It looks liek it should be pretty good though. And I like the colors. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out that GWL is converting their yellow Alberta Falls slide to accommodate for the new tantrum slide, from the looks of it they kept the start tub and portion of slide leading outside then they are going to connect it to the final helix before running back inside.

http://www.marketwat...nk=MW_news_stmp

Great Wolf Resorts, Inc.® /quotes/comstock/15*!wolf/quotes/nls/wolf (WOLF 2.84, 0.00, 0.00%) , North America's largest family of indoor waterpark resorts, unveiled its first of three new waterslides this year. The Triple Twist™, which opened today at Great Wolf Lodge at Kings Island, is a first-of-its-kind-in-the-world slide. New slides at two other resort locations will open by the end of March. The Triple Twist is a five-story waterslide featuring a high speed drop into a huge funnel, followed by twists and turns, and two more funnels. Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City is scheduled to open its version of The Triple Twist on March 12, with Great Wolf Lodge in the Pocono Mountains scheduled to open Double Barrel Drop™ on March 26. The new Pocono Mountains attraction, which will be the first indoor waterslide of its kind in the world, is a six-story adventure that starts with a high speed drop into a huge funnel, a 450 degree turn into a dark Vortex tunnel, and then a second funnel. All three new waterslides will include lighting and special effects to enhance the rider experience.

"We're proud to continue leading the waterpark industry in new ride innovations, like being the first in the world to have The Triple Twist," said Tim Black, executive vice president of operations. "This is only the start of a really big year for Great Wolf Lodge, and we're excited to unveil these first pieces of the puzzle just in time for spring break."

To celebrate these three new attractions, all 11 Great Wolf Lodge locations will participate in an attempt to break a world's record on March 26-27. The Great Wolf Lodge "World's Largest Waterslide-athon" will take place over 24 consecutive hours with one designated slide per resort. Every slider who descends the designated slide will count toward breaking the record for longest distance traveled on waterslides over a 24 hour period. The current Guinness World Record for this attempt was set in Germany in 2007 with a total distance of 843 miles...

Edit: Wow, that opened quick!

Diamondback, according to OSHA, the amount of lifeguards are dictated by the size of the pool and blind spots. Some follow this rule, others don't... Thus how my knee ended up getting screwed up at GWL.

Beast, I am with ya, I am no longer allowed on GWL property. I was terminated, their reason was "I walked off stand," when in reality, I was rotated off to go to the bathroom and my sup at the time just told me to go and get back, when I got back, my sup walked off stand, my manager saw it, I was fired.

Anyone have pictures of this thing? I'm curious about it, but will not (by choice or force) stay in that establishment now, or in the future.