Kings Island Job Fair

Diamondback FOF

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily a bonus (almost certainly NOT a bonus, but I bet they wish), but they are paid, and extra hours before the park opens/after it closes...and time spent away from normal tasks are all things that must be paid for, one way or another. Running a park is not cheap, and running an enthusiast event is not always a thing of pure joy.

actually you did get a response:

I would like to say that you can hve a interview as long as you turn the proper age by the day the park opens.....So for example if you want to work into rides and you are 15, well sorry but as long you turn 16 by April 17 you can get hired.....ok

if you feel that this answer doesn't give you the information you need, you could always call the park.

I'm going in on Saturday for my interview. Any suggestions? Should I dress up or have something casual/nice?

Collared shirt and khakis or better. Just look professional in appearance. No shame in looking like you just stepped off the PGA Tour!

I can do that! Here lately I have been looking like that! :)

Have a question for former/current Kings Island employees. I was honarbly discharged from the Navy. My rate (or job) was Machinist Mate. I recently applied for the Maintenance-General position. Anyone here ever worked this position? And if so-what are some pointers for interviewing? Should I bring copies of my DD-214 (Military Release Paper) and certifications?

to all who are going:

treat it as an mass interview, dress nicely, shake hands, look them in the eye (or in between the eye brows if you wish), dont sit till offered(if its the one on one part)

bring any papers they may need such as certifications of proper training(for maintenance)

remember that most of the jobs offered are Service jobs

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/jobs/where_do_you_see_yourself.cfm

read the section you getting an interview on.

also: http://www.visitkingsisland.com/jobs/jobs_benefits.cfm?et_id=1

ok i have a question and i dont know if anyone has asked this yet but i was wondering if I dont go to the job fair because im not able could i still get a job and if so what do i have to do.

call them and set up an interview on a different time.

ok i have a question and i dont know if anyone has asked this yet but i was wondering if I dont go to the job fair because im not able could i still get a job and if so what do i have to do.

call them and set up an interview on a different time.

so i just fill out the application then set up an interveiw? and also does the park work well with car pooling?

Two questions:

1. I got an email in January saying that I need to email the park back to set up an interview when I turn 16, because they can't interview me until I'm 16. I also got an email inviting me to the job fair, which happens before I turn 16. I'm assuming I'm not supposed to go the the job fair... is that correct?

2. Since I'm obviously still in high school, and I need to fill out a work permit (assuming that I'm offered a job), does the park need all of the paperwork for the permit or just the permit that my school gives me itself?

http://www.wlwt.com/...175/detail.html

...Over 10,000 people have already applied for 4,000 summer jobs. That's 1,100 more than had come in at this time last year.

The resumes that have come in from people who want to work in the park include people with post graduate degrees, bachelors degrees in marketing, athletic training and an education in nursing. Many of these people may have never considered working at Kings Island in different economic times but they are expected to be among the thousands who will attend this weekend's Kings Island job fair....

http://www.wcpo.com/...vJ1wD6X0_w.cspx