Kings Island Job Fair

Diamondback FOF

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah. yes, well then it is not. That was only a couple of small "hair" rules that they have. When I filled out my application, There was a very large section of all of their "hair and body" rules. Like more about hair, and then also things concerning tatoos and piercings, and other things of that nature.

I've always found it amusing that in many cases the top executives of some of these firms would not pass the grooming code they impose on the workers in their facilities. And, in many cases, their sons and daughters certainly would not.

Then again, I find it amusing that they sell apparel in the park that would not have passed anyone's decency test twenty years ago. Ride the big woodie, indeed.

...which is what is so ironic about Halloween Haunt. The park, so concerned with decency, suddenly throws it to the wind and allows, nay requires, many employees to appear in semi-nudity in what is supposed to be a haunted house and/or a show, but only in the fall...so to speak.

How come before Labor Day, decency and professionalism are of utmost importance...then, come Halloween Haunt, it all goes out the window?

I wish there was a picture of the whole line. I wanted to see how it compared to the one last year.

My sister had an interview scheduled for 10:00 and she said a security guard told her people had been in line since 8:30 and the line was already out to the front gate when she got there.

And think of it. YOU got a job. Many, many of those in front of you did not.

The economy is bad, and the park can be very, very selective. Just a few years ago, it did not have that luxury.

And back in the Seventies, there was actually a years long waiting list to be considered for employment.

Yes great reply , SO true.

I got a job in Food and Beverage, at Coney Mall Skyline. :) I'm really excited!

Food and Beverage Area 2 all the way! :) I'm in Jukebox so you may see me there sometime since I will likely be sent there to help out sometime this year especially if I get promoted which I'm hopeful of and will be working hard again for.

Congrats to you and FF EKU dawg and everybody else who has been hired to the Kings Island team. I can tell you all you are all definitely in store for one of the best seasons you have ever had at the park just because of the fact you are employees! :D

Sorry if you have said already but where did you get hired at FF EKU dawg?

Yes, as the Interpreter pointed out, several years ago, staffing at seasonal parks was extremely hard to come by. I know at Coney towards the end of 2008 we were practically begging for workers in the rides department because we were so short staffed. We actually had volunteers from an American Legion Hall come in and run some of the kiddy rides because we were so short. Some of those same guys came in again this past year to help us out the last few weekends after we started loosing employees to college. I know, because I had to train many of them on the rides.

Congratulations to all who got a job at Kings Island. Having worked in operations for eight summers now at Coney, I can tell you that you will have a long yet fun summer ahead of you. I even may be going back to Coney fo a ninth season, potentially on weekends only, if I land a full time, permanent job. I just have a lot of fun working at Coney, and the supplemental income is nice to have. If you are ever having a bad day, or a long day, just think about what one of my managers told me on one of the first days I worked at Coney. He said "Look at all those kids riding your ride, smiling and having the time of their life. You are helping them have all that fun. Doesn`t that make this an awesome job?" Very true words. And even at the end of this past season, I still looked forward to going into work every single day, just as much as I had when I started back in 2002.

We actually had volunteers from an American Legion Hall come in and run some of the kiddy rides because we were so short. Some of those same guys came in again this past year to help us out the last few weekends after we started loosing employees to college. I know, because I had to train many of them on the rides.

Volunteers working rides... now where have I heard about that recently? Oh yeah, He Who Must Not Be Named from the Mason City Council meeting must have gotten Kings Island mixed up with Coney Island!

Of course I kid, and know that if Robbie trained 'em, then they were trained right!wink.gif

Hello Everyone! I am new on here and as a matter of fact, this is my first post. I was just curious about something? I completely missed the job fair and applied online for a Customer Service Representative at the Call Center. I have been unable to find much information about this postition other than the obvious? I applied online and it said it was under review by the marketing department for this position.

I was just wondering if the Call Center is actually located at the park? Also if anyone has ever done this positon?

I recentely moved to Cincinnati from Northern Kentucky and having worked at Citibank for 5 years, I am very comfortable in a Call Center and have very high hopes of getting the job!

Also what are some benefits for working there?... I have always loved Kings Island and spend my whole summer there, so I look at as I might as well get paid for it! lol...