New KI Slogan?

HTCO

I can readily think of at least a couple of people here who would defend it and think it brilliant!

One of the funnier lines that I have read lately! (And as Homer Simpson would say "It's funny because it's true.")

Kings Island: Lower you're expectations and remember who you're dealing with.

WOW! blink.gif The park MUST be in trouble if their biggest cheerleader posts something like this. I had no idea that you found much of anything that Cedar Fair had done that bothered you...you are even happy with The Peanuts coming...I am speechless.

My criticism comes in that some people just always seem to be negative or find fault in almost everything that KI/CF does.

MUST you be so critical of the people who always find fault with the park?laugh.gif

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kings Island: Lower you're expectations and remember who you're dealing with.

WOW! blink.gif The park MUST be in trouble if their biggest cheerleader posts something like this. I had no idea that you found much of anything that Cedar Fair had done that bothered you...you are even happy with The Peanuts coming...I am speechless.

I meant as far as such things in their marketing department goes such as slogans. I pride myself on my Cheerleader status but when it comes to things like "The FUN and only" I've given up on it.

They can add a 230 foot Steel Hyper, Rejuvenate the kid's area, make the park look nicer and prettier then it has in years, bring back shows and entertainment to the park; and then they draw people to the park with "The FUN and only" and I can only gawk in amazement. Sure, there are things they need to work on, finance for one thing and their idea of how to collect nickels, but still. I love Cedar Fair and what they've done to my park but honestly, "The FUN and Only?" Whoever came up with this one needs to be forced to ride Son of Beast! :)

So does this mean that everytime I get off of a ride I will hear, "Enjoy the rest of your day here at Kings Island, the fun and only!"

That might just drive me crazy...

You think hearing it will drive you crazy, try having to say something like that every few minutes...

What's all the complaining about? It's not THAT bad. They probably changed it because everytime some worker in the park would say Kings Island Where Else? A KICer would yell Cedar Point! :lol:

...or my favorite that i borrowed from a different member "WAL-MART!!!" tongue.gif

And of those companies, which ones change their slogan almost every single year?

Answer: None of them.

Constancy and consistency is important. Repetition is important. Why keep changing.

Come on, get happy!

And in case anyone missed it, he just quoted the slogan that Kings Island used in its inaugural season back in 1972.

When I read "Come on, get happy!", I thought of The Partridge Family, not Kings Island! Which is funny, considering they shot an episode there...