2010 Shows

Skywriter

Thrilling Entertainment!

Kings Island’s thrills don’t end with the rides. Our live entertainment is amazing too! From high-energy shows celebrating the 50th anniversary of Motown and the music it inspired and a legends of country music revue to incredibly cool ice-skating and character meet-and-greets, everyone in the family will love our entertainment. It’s nothing less than spectacular!

Snoopy Rocks, On Ice!

NEW for 2010! Snoopy and all the Peanuts Gang join our world-class skaters in this one-of-a-kind ice spectacular. Kings Island Theater. Show schedule and times to be announced at a later date.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered!

NEW for 2010! A celebration of the 50th anniversary of Motown and the music it inspired! International Showplace Theater. Show schedule and times to be announced at a later date.

Way Too Much TV

NEW for 2010! A musical tribute to the theme songs we grew up with, and the one’s that will live with us forever! Show schedule and times to be announced at a later date.

Charlie Brown’s Hoedown

NEW for 2010! Charlie Brown, Lucy and Linus head over to Grandma’s house in this song-filled family adventure. Show schedule and times to be announced at a later date.

Down Home Country

Song and dance revue celebrating the legends of country music such as Dolly Parton, Kelly Rogers, Johnny Cash and more, as well as their chart topping country classics. Show schedule and times to be announced at a later date.

Don't Stop the Music

Get down with today’s hottest hits and chart smashing songs. International Street Bandstand. Show schedule and times to be announced at a later date.

Fireworks

Throughout the season Kings Island will present its spectacular fireworks display on days the park closes at 10 p.m. This colorful pageant in the sky is something that will certainly cap off a memorable day at the park. You don’t want to miss it!

Source:http://www.visitkingsisland.com/attractions/category.cfm?ac_id=17

Well...

Snoopy Rocks, On Ice!: Besides the misplaced comma, this one might be okay. Anyone else expecting a renamed ESOI? (also, it leaves itself open to "Snoopy Sucks On Ice!", but I'll leave that one alone)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered!: Yes! This one was amazing at CP! Hopefully KI's version will be as good.

Way Too Much TV: This sounds pretty good... hopefully the selection of songs will be decent.

Charlie Brown’s Hoedown: This sounds really bad.

Down Home Country: Not my tastes, but okay then.

Don't Stop the Music: Lame. When I saw this one, I didn't even realize the show was going on, I thought some rude teenagers were dancing around on the stage.

I am excited to see that we will be receiving 4 new shows this season! Hopefully they all turn out great!

I liked Signed, Sealed, Delivered! when I saw it at Cedar Point, I hope to see our entertainment department pull it off well.

I have a feeling Charlie Brown's Hoedown will be in the previous Nick Theater. That being said, it'll probably be more oriented towards children, don't know if many adults will enjoy it.

These shows sound pretty decent. I just wish Marty's Party was making a return! I know many KICers enjoyed this show, as well as the kids! haha

And I am glad Flashback Totally 80s has retired. I think it's run it's course. The songs were good,but after a while it just got old.

[quote

Down Home Country

Song and dance revue celebrating the legends of country music such as Dolly Parton, Kelly Rogers, Johnny Cash and more, as well as their chart topping country classics. Show schedule and times to be announced at a later date.

Forgive my ignorance, (or old age) but who is Kelly Rogers?

I've been waiting for the park to announce these as I have known about most of the new shows since November since I attended the Entertainment Auditions and am real good friends with many of the performers. I had not been able to get a great description up until now and all I have to say is that I am truly pumped for this season to start back up as I'm a HUGE fan of the Entertainment Department at KI and am hoping to get a job as a technician for one of these shows plus not to mention these shows sound like they will definitely be absolutely amazing, especially with the performers that I know are already in them plus the new performers as well. Here's my take on the new shows:

Snoopy Rocks, On Ice! - I was a great fan of Endless Summer in the 3 years it was at the park, especially last season as I thought it competed to be the best show during the summer. I see the addition of Snoopy being a great asset to the show and see this show going a very long way this season with many great ice skaters and being an excellent family friendly attraction.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered! - When I first heard about this show I'm not going to lie I was a bit disappointed as I really liked Flashback in the past two seasons. Though now that I think about it I think this show will be just as good as Flashback: Totally 80's and will have a lot of success!

Way Too Much TV - This is the show I can't wait on seeing. Knowing a couple people that are in this that performed in Down Home Country last season and knowing many theme songs from TV shows this sounds like an excellent show. Plus not to mention there is a 50% chance that if I get hired to Entertainment this will be the show I work at. Although I don't think ANY show can ever replace and compete with County Line, I still think this will be an excellent show for everybody to see.

Charlie Brown's Hoedown - Probably going to be a great show to replace the Dora Show from '07-'08 and also Marty's Party from last season and a great way for younger children to kind of get a feel for who exactly the Peanut's characters are. I see this being just as successful as as the previous two shows that have occupied the theatre and like all the other new shows, a great addition to the Kings Island Entertainment Department.

I could go on and on about what I think about the new shows as I have many great things to say but I thought I would just keep it short and sweet for times sake plus so I don't have to make all of you suffer from reading even more about what I think.

Didn't Paramount have a show that was related to TV Theme Songs? I seem to recall something like that before.

Tuned In! debuted in 2004, but was mainly themed to three major music channels Viacom owned - VH1, BET, and CMT. However, classic theme songs were implemented into the show via TV Land.

Anyway, I would've rather they kept Marty's Party as it was a welcome change from the music revue overkill the park has an affirmation for. That's why I liked School of Rock and Twistin' to the 60s as they managed to bring in story and comedic elements (albeit very cheesy elements) instead of just linking song-and-dance routines together. I also loved the live music that came with both of those shows, as they could improvise a little bit and made it that more enjoyable to watch (60s had little improv because of the backing track, but 'The Swell Tones' did their own little improv shows during practice before their first show).

Well, Snoopy Rocks on Ice made its debut this last season at another Cedar Fair Park (Dorney Park in PA) in an their new building (which was delayed in construction). The show itself is okay if you are a small child, and hoping someday that the ice show finds a different venue at Kings Island in order to restore the true entertainment (with a live band) to the once great Kings Island theater. Signed, Sealed, and Delivierd has played the last two seasons at Cedar Point - not the best show to play at Cedar Point, but now brought to Kings Island and hopefully greatly re-tooled (the show itself needed lots of work). At least Kings Island is getting one new show, Way too much TV, so will wait and see how that comes together in the Spring.

Wow... it's funny how things work out. Just last night GatorGirl and I heard "Vacation" by The Go-Go's on the radio last night, and she said "That's from the ice show!" Then I told her that there was going to be a new ice show this year, and I told her that I think Snoopy might be in it. She said "What about Charlie Brown and everyone else?" I told her I didn't know, we'd just have to wait and see.

And then I get on here today and see this topic...laugh.gif

Sounds like a good line-up. We've loved the shows the past couple of years and can't wait to see these!

The typos have been corrected now by the park.

Song and dance revue celebrating the legends of country music such as Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, Johnny Cash and more, as well as their chart topping country classics. Show schedule and times to be announced at a later date.