Golden Ticket Visits

StXBomber

I have an idea!

With the Golden Ticket award winners posted, I say we post what parks/rides we have visited/ridden in the categories, and then rearrange the ones we have experience with to see what we think!

Best Park:

1. Cedar Point

2. IoA

I personally like IoA more. The theming was outstanding, and really made you feel a part of the area. Jurrassic Park was by far the best themed area. It was eerie walking through the giant JP doors into what seemed like the middle of a jungle. CP just has alot of coasters.

Cleanest Park:

2. Disneyland

It's a Disney park, of course it's gonna be clean!

Best Kids Area:

1. PKI (duh)

2. IoA

No contest, they got this one right.

Dark Ride:

1. Spiderman

Just... amazing...

Non Coaster Ride:

2. Spiderman

3. Tower of Terror

I rode ToT in it's first season, and again about a year ago. It was just two really big drops when it opened, but they changed it to alot of really small drops. I think they ruined it, and I'd go with the man!

Best Theming:

1. Deuling Dragons

3. Tower of Terror

The line for DD is amazing, I think its the world record for longest que line distance wise, but the way they tell the story about this village being destroyed by the dragons and seeing the damage they have caused to the castle was really amazing. TT was normal Disney theming, I did like when the seats came out and you saw all of the Twilight Zone icons floating there.

Wood Coasters:

6. Ghost Rider

8. Beast

37. SoB

Just look in my sig for my feelings. It may be the exact same as this, if it wasn't for my feeling of home park pride. GR was one amazing and very well built coaster.

Steel:

2. Millie

4. Magnum

10. Raptor

14. Deuling Dragons

15. X

18. Goliath (SFMM version)

21. Incredible Hulk

35. Xcelerator

45. Superman the Escape

See a difference between my steel coasters and wooden coasters? I love my steel! Scream should've been on here, that ride was amazing. Overrated Rides: Magnum, X, and Superman. Out of all of those, Millie is my personal fav. I mean, that first drop and all of those overbanked turns! WHOA!

Edited by StXBomber

Most Beautiful Waterpark:

1. Schlitterbahn

2. Typhoon Lagoon

3. Blizzard Beach

I haven't been to Schlitterbahn, but I have been to both the Lagoon and Beach. Both of them were fantastic. Well themed, nice atmosphere.

Best Non-Coaster Ride

1. Spider Man

3. Tower of Terror

Haven't rode Spidey (sad isn't it?) But i have rode ToT. Back when I rode it in 2000, it was pretty cool since they had the new programming with one huge drop, a couple small, then one last huge. I heard they redid the lap bars with just seat belts and totally redid the programming with a random program, new ride everytime. All I can say is ToT gets my vote this time.

Edited by fusiondude09

Sorry, but I don't believe that Magnum is overrated at all. That's why it held the number one spot for so many years. Just wait until next year when Top Thrill Dragster will be #1. There's no ride experience like it in the world. I have also heard that Busch Gardens is the absolute cleanest in the world. Was glad to see that PKI won best kid's area again. But, maybe they should concentrate on something else in order to claim more Golden Ticket Awards. I think it's really hard to pick the best park because it depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for thrills, then CP. But, if you're looking for the best place to take the young ones, then PKI.

I see another feud coming on, So RIPCobra better be quiet and stay away from the topic of X.

Anyways, Medusa which is a clone of Scream is in the top 50, so my fav coaster technically made it in.

What rides do you think should have made it in that didn't?

Edited by StXBomber

STXbomber im not the ones starting the fights it only seems like it because you say all the bad stuff through pms and aim and won't leave me the heck alone. X is the best coaster ever. made. If you think it sucks i know for a fact that you have never ridden it. Because you are saying one of the best coasters is stupid. Thats just stupid talk.

The "stupid talk" you must be talking about is yourself, considering both StxBomber AND BeastFreak have ridden X, and found that it was a good ride, but did not even come close to their expectations. You might want to actually find out the truth before you go on your little "I'm right, you are wrong" rampages.

I am finished rambling, can we please now get back on topic?

Edited by Aaron

Ok so you say you're 22, must be a stupid 22 year old to still be in school. I doubt you're going for any higher education. And I always hear about the schools who drive to California for a field trip to go to Magic Mountain. I doubt you have ever ridden X, but for some reason I believe STX has. Get a life and leave.

You better believe I've ridden X, I have 3 pics of it in my room from when I visited. Yes, X was a good ride, but just as Aaron said, it didn't meet up with the hype at ALL!

And RIPCobra, I haven't PMed you. I have tried to talk to you over AIM, but it was about the waterpark, and you just gave me the silent treatment so I shut up.

lol. I was waiting for someone to notice that. It wasn't THAT bad, but not top 50 material. I have been on worse rides, but not many. I still think Scream! is the must-ride ride in SFMM.

X: #1544... biggrin.gif How many coasters in the world?

according to rcdb.com, 1544. Yeah, it wasn't that bad, but it was the worst compared to my expectations.