White Water Canyon's 25th Birthday

dustyj1986

That is one thing that I never understood about the parks-the taking of pictures from other parts to reflect the park before you. I suppose in the end it is still a business and I am sure that costs play into the greater scheme of things.

I remember a time (not too long ago) when Kings Island offered a generous choice of FOUR water rides. (the then) Kings Mills Log Flume, Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal, (the then) Amazon Falls and White Water Canyon. Anyone going North this season to check out CP's "Shoot the Rapids"?

Is it just me or does this Intamin attraction seem it would be just *perfect* for Kings Island? http://www.intaminworldwide.com/iag/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=33

Perhaps it's just me but I believe in the formula of every 4 coasters-you should install a new water attraction.

This gives me an idea to start a new thread.

ANYHOW! Happy 26th O.S./25th Birthday White Water Canyon!!

I'm guessing the postcards (postcards?) were made before the ride was actually operational. Same reason they'd use Behemoth as a stand-in for Diamondback. As long as it's at least similar (Kennywood, I'm looking at you.), I don't really have a huge problem with it. Unless, you know, they left the other park's name in the picture.

Yea- I know what you mean. If you want to talk "dirty" water-anyone recall Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal? Don't get me wrong-I loved this ride. On the other hand-the last few years of it's operation it was a hot mess.

Oh the picture above, standbyme, with the people in the raft-that photo was taken at Kings Dominion. Only way I could tell was that the font on the raft was Kings Dominion's. I heard the one there blows.. Never been there myself (hopefully go this year!) so I won't put a stamp of approval or dissapproval on their White Water Canyon just yet. :)

ANYONE have any photos of WWC's reservoir drained for off-season? I'd REALLY love to see those!

-dustyj1986

celebrating my 14th year visiting the park in 2010

Just imagine lots of leaves and sticks in there, that's WWC drained, Lol! I worked in tombstone and people would always turn there back and go, " hey! it's WWC" it gave the perfect opportunity to scare, I thank WWC for that also.

haha i worked at a camp for young men (who may or may not earn some sort of cloth for achievements) in the Cincinnati area and we (the staff) thought they were selling camp shotglasses. Nope they were "toothpick holders" so maybe its a WWC toothpick holder

HAHA! Yea and the flask Julia Child was always clutching was vegetable oil... :)

...toothpick holders... :)

Unlike some of you I was alive when it opened I remember that summer that ride was massive I waited in a 2hr + line with my parents and little brother,cousins to ride it.Good times and the ride still gets really busy to this day and that proves the rides awesomeness.

awesome + awesome = awesomer

Unlike some of you I was alive when it opened I remember that summer that ride was massive I waited in a 2hr + line with my parents and little brother,cousins to ride it.Good times and the ride still gets really busy to this day and that proves the rides awesomeness.

i still wont get in line for if its above 30-45 mins ... if i really need to cool off the water park area is a short walk away.

I suspect the biggest problem with this concept is potential rider misconduct versus rider fear (and perhaps the reality) of not being able to get out of the boat should it capsize (which does happen from time to time, though rare). Sort of the same issue posed by seat belts on rafts...

How would misconduct in those types of boats be any different that the current types of boats? Aloso, what would make it more difficult to get out should it capsize?

I suspect the biggest problem with this concept is potential rider misconduct versus rider fear (and perhaps the reality) of not being able to get out of the boat should it capsize (which does happen from time to time, though rare). Sort of the same issue posed by seat belts on rafts...

How would misconduct in those types of boats be any different that the current types of boats? Aloso, what would make it more difficult to get out should it capsize?

a. At least some riders looking directly at water in front of them are more tempted to get out. There is a reason why riders sit inward on rafts on these rides today.

b. If you are wearing a soft vest RESTRAINT or a seat belt (belt RESTRAINT), it must be undone before you can escape the raft in the event of an emergency...one of many reasons most rafts did not have such restraints until very recently, when they have them at all.