KENTUCKY KINGDOM CLOSED

SFKK was indeed going to expand the waterpark. There was nothing underhanded in the plan to expand it, nor was it a shell to remove Chang.

Actual renderings and site plans had been completed and submitted to the state for the expansion. Even Mr Workman (PRes of the State Fair board) saw the plans.

Shaggy

Judges have power to enforce their verdicts...could it happen? Yes. Is it likely? Most legal experts seem to believe this case is a very close one as to property still at the park at the time the motion to reject the lease was entered...as to Chang, that is theoretically possible, but only if the Commonwealth of Kentucky could prove Six Flags removed the coaster in an attempt to defraud the state...

In order for it to be fraud, Six Flags would have had to have removed the coaster in an attempt to deprive the Commonwealth of Kentucky of what was rightfully the latter's. The planned expansion would have had to have been merely theoretical, and devised merely to fool the Commonwealth into sitting passively by while Six Flags removed the coaster. The proof would also have to be to a level of more probable than not. And that is all predicated on the bankruptcy judge ruling that the Commonwealth was in fact entitled to the coasters as fixtures or real property or perhaps under the terms of the lease, though the latter seems unlikely. It will be interesting to watch this one play out.

Just think what they would have done if a hurricane would have come thru……déjà vu………..I am going to have to go to the mountain on this one and say that that joke was as bad as Brazilian pumpkin seed. I am Aftershocked that I even said any thing.

This whole darn thing is a mindbender. This court case is going to be a scorcher. The park may have been better off had it been hit by a cyclone. This goliath case could set amusement industry precedent in terms of property/contract law for years to come! You have to love the Great American court system!

I had to laugh when I saw this quote from the article Terpy posted in post #182:

"These are long term leases and one would expect that the life of these rides is 15 to 20 years at the most," Cantor said.

Now granted Cantor is a Louisville bankruptcy attorney so I don't expect him to know about ride longevity, and I'm no expert myself, but just how long has The Flying Dutchman lasted? laugh.gif

I had to laugh when I saw this quote from the article Terpy posted in post #182:

"These are long term leases and one would expect that the life of these rides is 15 to 20 years at the most," Cantor said.

Now granted Cantor is a Louisville bankruptcy attorney so I don't expect him to know about ride longevity, and I'm no expert myself, but just how long has The Flying Dutchman lasted? laugh.gif

figB.gif

Gotta love to hate people who think rides have an expiration date on them. The length of the ride's life depends on an enormous amount of factors, including Maintenance, Quality of materials, type of coaster, rehabilitation (See above picture), and the park owner. Some parks will ditch rides that others could only dream of adding.

Gotta love to hate people who think rides have an expiration date on them. The length of the ride's life depends on an enormous amount of factors, including Maintenance, Quality of materials, type of coaster, rehabilitation (See above picture), and the park owner. Some parks will ditch rides that others could only dream of adding.

There really isn't an expiration date on any ride, but most theme parks depreciate the cost of a ride over time. The worth of the real estate would be based on the value of the rides on the property. Rides that have been depreciated over the years would not bring as much value to the table. Sure the ride is worth something, but not as much as when it was first built. I wonder if any permits were filed by Six Flags to start work on the waterpark expansion. Anyone can get plans drawn up, but when you file for building permits, then you are serious about the project.

And now, U of L is playing its last game in Freedom Hall today, and then leaving:

...Freedom Hall, the building, is geographically isolated and bereft of character - two qualities that are uncommon in a college basketball arena. From the outside, it looks like an airplane hangar. It isn't on campus; rather, it was slapped together in a massive concrete desert south of downtown. The desert, which stretches for miles, is home to an expo center, a Six Flags that just went out of business, an airport, and a seldom-used mixed-use stadium. I'm saying that whenever I go there, I experience the urge to take a bunch of high-contrast black-and-white photos, caption them with lower-case pithy descriptors, and post them on my blog (which is probably named

"s e e i n g t h e w o r l d" or something equally banal)....

http://www.sbnation....cky-expo-center

The Fair Board has problems. . .

Terpy, master of understatement

• 2 weeks later...

Rite, it kinda looks like when the park get a new owner, the KFEC will take Six Flags to court to get Chang back and re-install the ride because Six Flags lied to the KFEC and closed the park and didn't have any attentions of expanding the water park by the way it sounds. Chang was also on the KFEC property and Six Flags so its sort of 50/50.

Would or would not what happened with Chang and the so called promised water park expansion be "Theft By Deception"?as the water park that they claimed to want to build was never started and possibly never would be?

You might want to read all this thread...the waterpark was planned and would have been built, had the lease been re-negotiated. All of this will be among the issues to be decided in the bankruptcy court case pending in Delaware...

Oh you may be right. I would hope they would have built it in exchange for taking Chang away but things got in the way, I guess. I was asking about that because I wasn't sure.

• 1 month later...

It's one month before school's out, and there are no signs that the Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom property could reopen for the summer.

Legal hurdles are in the way -- hurdles that started with a lease dispute and still leave an uncertain future for the Louisville economy and hundreds of potential workers.

Walk to the front gate of what used to be Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, and you'll see the "U" is missing from the sign.

And "you" likely won't be enjoying a ride or a dip in the pools here any time soon....

No one wants to touch anything, until the question of who owns the rides is decided.

http://www.fox41.com....asp?S=12435515