KENTUCKY KINGDOM CLOSED

Yeah I don't know why of all things a park would want 2 stand ups, especially from the same company. Granted Chang is quite a bit more intense, but really Chang is more of a revision of Iron Wolf, so with Chang's presense, Iron Wolf almost has no purpose.

I think I read somewhere that Iron Wolf was B&M's first coaster.

Guest rcfreak339

^Why take it down? Iron Wolf doesn't take up much room and plus I thought it was a very fun ride.

But now according to Screamscape some rumors have been circulating that Chang may now replace the Great American Scream Machine at Six Flags Great Adventure. I honestly think it would be a better fit then Great America but I just don't see it...

http://screamscape.com/html/six_flags_great_america.htm

Guest rcfreak339

You can't even walk the midway during the State Fair without fear of being "jumped" I can just imagine how dreadful it was inside the actual park itself :( The thug wannabe's have ruined most everything in Louisville lately.

What are you talking about???

You can't even walk the midway during the State Fair without fear of being "jumped" I can just imagine how dreadful it was inside the actual park itself :( The thug wannabe's have ruined most everything in Louisville lately.

No one don't even go into Kentucky Kingdom during the fair just to let you know! Hes talking about all of us High School teens that stand infront of Kentucky Kingdom main gate to meet of with our friends! When theirs a group of teens, some of us see people we don't like from other schools, and then words get exchange and later on fist start to fight!

If you don't want to see us teens runnin arround, or wanna be thugs? then I would advise you to go to the fair while schoool is in seccesion sir or on a sunday.

Guest rcfreak339

^Um, Iv'e been to the fair multiple times and Iv'e never seen a fight near Kentucky Kingdom or even the fair grounds. Sure there are groups of teens that just hang around but I have never seen a fight or even a argument at Kentucky Kingdom....

Btw, sccard you just admitted that you would fight someone you don't like at a park. You are wrong and that is not what Dlesletch meant.

No one don't even go into Kentucky Kingdom during the fair just to let you know! Hes talking about all of us High School teens that stand infront of Kentucky Kingdom main gate to meet of with our friends! When theirs a group of teens, some of us see people we don't like from other schools, and then words get exchange and later on fist start to fight!

If you don't want to see us teens runnin arround, or wanna be thugs? then I would advise you to go to the fair while schoool is in seccesion sir or on a sunday.

First of all your attitude towards life is horrible. See where that gets you in life, you have to grow up sometime. Sorry to be so blunt but idiots with attitudes like yours ruins it for everyone. Wanna be THUGS was a proper term used for people with the mindset they see someone they don't like ends up in a fist fight... In the time it takes to have a fist fight you could use that time to download spell checker!

While it may not be what goes on every single night or moment, the experience we had at the State Fair last year sums up my response.

A couple fights broke out, one invited a couple of us to join, but we declined. It got even better watching the Police and security chase a man through the midway that snagged a woman's purse. Several people that were walking about just had that look of "bring it" to them. Not quite what I wanted my young children and my brothers pregnant fiance around. The one posting about fighting pretty much backs up my statement.

As for the teens comment, not ONCE did I mention teens or not wanting to see them. I'm 35 and don't really pay teens much mind as I remember how it was at that age and most of them are good kids in my experience. As for seeing them in parks, more often than not it is great. Was there (Kings Island) in early June and was on Congo Falls with a group on a senior trip. They were freaking hilarious and made the ride all the more enjoyable.

So to sum it up, our trip to the fair was the pits due to wanna be "thugs" that cannot function in society with out causing trouble. None of the "thugs" were teens and that is what is truly sad, cause adults should more than know better. While the fair may not have anything to with KK, the same people live in Louisville and go to both I assume.

Does that really reflect on the Fair or KK as whole? Of course not, so sorry for the blanket statement, but I personally will not go back. To the fair anyways.

look, I'm not talking about myself, Im talking about us teens here in Louisville. Every year this happens, we all meet up with our friends infront of Kentucky kingdom where the flag pool stand at the parks entrance. Its crowded with us teens, all from differnt schools were you can hardly move! You have to be at the fair on a friday night or saturday night. I don't fight, I'm not a fighter, Many of us teens pass out, many of us fight, run, or what ever in this crowd. I'm speaking out on not just me, but all of us teen here in DaVille. Were teens not adults, teens! its just the truth. If you ever go to the Kentucky State Fair and stand infront of Kentucky Kingdom at 8 or 9 and beyond, you will see what I'm talking about. BTW, Im growing up just find! These our just out teen years were many of us make bad mistakes.

• 3 weeks later...
...Harold Workman, the Kentucky State Fair Board president says there is a bright spot - the fair board is close to a legal deal with Six Flags and he believes it is good news for the rides.

"We anticipate in the negotiation with Six Flags that when we finalize the agreement, it will include the rides and they will belong to the Fair Board at that time," Workman said....

Workman also says he doesn't think this year's Kentucky State Fair will be affected by KK's closure as the carnival operator is bringing in 50 rides instead of 42 (pardon me, but much depends on WHAT rides are brought, not how many...those rides Luff posted here from his German fair experience far exceed what is typically available at US fairs).

...Workman also tells us that Ed Hart and the Kentucky Kingdom redevelopment company are moving along with draft lease terms with the fair board and are also making progress on the public funding side.

http://www.wave3.com....asp?S=12794648

...Ultimately, Workman believes people who come to the fair, come for the sights, sounds and only the smells the midway can bring....

Only the smells from the midway? Workman, oh, Workman. If only I really believed that is only a misplaced only.

The rides arent a major factors. No one goes to Kentucky Kingdom to ride the rides because you have to pay to ride them. Everyone loves North american midway rides because those rides are thrill rides, kentucky kingdom has none, and those rides are only their for 10 days! and you can ride Kentucky Kingdoms for about 100 days or so for free with a season pass which most of everyone has in louisivlle.

The rides arent a major factors. No one goes to Kentucky Kingdom to ride the rides because you have to pay to ride them. Everyone loves North american midway rides because those rides are thrill rides, kentucky kingdom has none, and those rides are only their for 10 days! and you can ride Kentucky Kingdoms for about 100 days or so for free with a season pass which most of everyone has in louisivlle.

a. *I* went to Kentucky Kingdom to ride the rides and paid for them. Therefore, it is NOT true that NO ONE did. On the other hand, no one does right now because there is no open Kentucky Kingdom, so I suppose you are right there.

b. Not EVERYONE loves N.A.M.E. midway rides. In fact, I have found their selection at Kentucky Kingdom to be among the weakest of any state fair. You need to go to the Minnesota State Fair or to Texas.

c. Kentucky Kingdom, once known as The Thrill Park, was full of thrill rides. You are apparently very jaded. Many parkgoers would kill just to get the Breakdance there. It was an awesome ride, and well run. Thunder Run was among the best wooden coasters in the country. Do you belong to the "only big, tall, fast, steel roller coasters are thrill rides" camp?

d. I was not aware Kentucky Kingdom season passes were free. No wonder the place closed.

Terpy, who hates over-generalizations in a private yet corporal way.

a. I mean, Kentucky Kingdom isn't really popular during the fair.

b. We have classic and new thrill rides. They Change every year.

c. Hardly anyone rides the coasters. I tried to get on greezed Lightin for free last year with my Kentucky Kingdom work I.D! and the operators wouldn't let me on! The ride was deserted! If you worked at SFKK, you are aloud to ride fair rides for free but not SFKK!

d. passes wern't free, Just about everyone had one especially teens here in louisville because they were cheap and also so we could have something to do in the summer!.

One of the best summers I have had was the year Kentucky Kingdom became Six Flags. I visited the park 33 times that summer....and rode Twisted Sisters more times than I cared to count.

More than once, I left KI early to go hit KK..and it was not on my way home. To put it mildly. I also left HW to go to KK. I regret not even one of those times.

That's the same summer I made my one and only trip to KK, and that visit ranks as one of my worst park experiences anywhere (and I've only ever had two bad park visits, the other being LeSourdsville Lake).