A Victory For Kings Island Is A Victory For Mason!

Mr. Stoneking, I have just one question for you. If you were truly there to support the passing of the tax, then why did you not stay until the end of the meeting to see the outcome of the vote? Instead you bolted out of the room as soon as you were done. If you're truly in support of the tax, I have no problem with that, that is your right to be entitled to your opinion. But that single act of leaving as soon as you were done showed me that you were only there for self-promotion, as you mentioned at the beginning of your speech that you authored a book, and from what I hear, your car was quite the promotional tool as well.

I have to say I was quite amused when I saw you walk out of the Mason City Council chambers. That just showed what you were truly there for.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I'm always willing to debate against a conflicting point of view, I have a couple of questions for Mr. Stoneking.

What was the real message of your speech yesterday? You finished with the statement that you encouraged MCC to pass the tax to provide for a safer environment for KI guests, however there is absolutely no information that this tax would be used in any way to provide a safer environment.

Instead, your speech seemed to indicate you were in favor of the tax as more of a punishment (my assessment) for Cedar Fair/Kings Island due to your concerns with the park and guests as evidenced by your arguments regarding

- the agreement to not impose tax being with a prior owner

- the use of foreign labor

- the purchasing habits of season pass holders

- the savings offered to a group v. non-discounted ticket purchases

How do these items affect the safety of the park? What is your real goal?

In addition, your speech referenced the protesters not understanding how taxation works - that people, not businesses, pay taxes. Please understand that many of us do understand exactly that and that is partly why we were protesting - because we don't want to be taxed further. There is also the fact that this tax would negatively impact the community it was supposed to be helping.

For reference, if there are specific safety concerns that should be addressed with the park, I'd like to know about them as I, as well as my family, enjoy riding the rides and want to do it in a safe fashion. I believe you'd find that many on these forums are similarly inclined and want to live in a world with happy and safe amusement parks operating. Unfortunately, the approach you took yesterday did nothing to help you on this front.

I don't think "sleaze" even comes close to defining that man. I was not at the tax rally, however, I did read his speech on his pathetic excuse for a website. One item in particular stands out as dead wrong.

He states, "Unskilled volunteers are not adequately trained, and have been placed on ride platforms, posing a safety threat to riders."

This is absolutely UNTRUE. I have NEVER seen or heard of an "unskilled" volunteer being placed on a ride platform. Kings Island takes the safety of riders extremely seriously.

From Mr. Stoneking's website:

Volunteers staff the resale outlets in the park, where incorrect change is often provided during cash sales transactions

Incorrect change can happen anywhere, can it not? And what does that have to do with the price of tax in Mason?

Hourly payroll employees are dismissed from their work shift so the busloads of volunteers can fill their position.

The volunteer worker program was always used to supplement staffing levels, not replace the park workers already there. And "busloads of volunteers"? In my many years of working at the park, I have never seen the group workers arrive by the busload.

As I said to others last night, I was so glad that I was in the overflow room during the meeting, as I could not keep quiet during Mr. Stoneking's string of inaccuracies and mis-facts.

MrSTONEking was the only person that I heard who spoke in favor of the parking and gatetax and I respect anyone’s opinion. The problem was while I was sitting there listening to his speech I had a hard time trying to figure out how his seemingly disgust with Kings Island related to why Mason needs to add a tax to VISITORS of the park. At best it was a mile long stretch to me as to why the VISITORS of the park need to pay for the allegations he made about Kings Island.

On my way back home I tried to figure out why MrSTONEking seemed to be so distraught. I only could fathom one thing and I will share. MrSTONEking must have took his girlfriend to Kings Island several years back and his girlfriend must have dumped him there and left with the lemonade stand guy because the lemonade guy had more creditability. Of course I may be wrong but I bet its something like that.

Guest rcfreak339

Iv'e PM'd this guy on YouTube a couple times...He has no idea what features are set into place to prevent accidents from happening. He has no idea what his talking about.

I don't think "sleaze" even comes close to defining that man. I was not at the tax rally, however, I did read his speech on his pathetic excuse for a website. One item in particular stands out as dead wrong.

He states, "Unskilled volunteers are not adequately trained, and have been placed on ride platforms, posing a safety threat to riders."

This is absolutely UNTRUE. I have NEVER seen or heard of an "unskilled" volunteer being placed on a ride platform. Kings Island takes the safety of riders extremely seriously.

I completely agree. I have to say not once at Kings Island, or Coney island have I ever felt unsafe.

As for your first video on the website Mr Stoneking, I respectfully disagree with your simile. A rollercoaster oparaters does not have to stop for traffic, and they do not even have to steer.

Why are so many of us so upset with this guy? His cause lost by a 5-1 margin. And now, for a delicious cup of tea. Aaaaaah.sleep.gif

I guess the real thing I'm mad about is the book he's publishing... If he has a reason to dislike Kings Island and the general Amusement Industry, he should use factual information, not stuff he pulled from his own little fantasy world. I guess people 'volunteer' to work at Kings Island now? Please...

Sorry about the double post, but I find this line somewhat hilarious-

Be advised, also, that there are no laws, whatsoever, governing the operation of theme parks. There are only structural inspections by the Department of Agriculture, who admits they know nothing about rollercoaster technology.

Though I do say that many people agree with this-

and line-up for an injuring battering ram known as Son of Beast

Ok I'm with you terp... after this post. I wasn't there so this is the first I've heard of him. And after looking at the JOKE that is his web site.. wow. I can only imagine what this guy is like in person. And with that I commence my ignoring of Mr. Stoneking.

MrSTONEking was the only person that I heard who spoke in favor of the parking and gatetax and I respect anyone’s opinion. The problem was while I was sitting there listening to his speech I had a hard time trying to figure out how his seemingly disgust with Kings Island related to why Mason needs to add a tax to VISITORS of the park. At best it was a mile long stretch to me as to why the VISITORS of the park need to pay for the allegations he made about Kings Island.

On my way back home I tried to figure out why MrSTONEking seemed to be so distraught. I only could fathom one thing and I will share. MrSTONEking must have took his girlfriend to Kings Island several years back and his girlfriend must have dumped him there and left with the lemonade stand guy because the lemonade guy had more creditability. Of course I may be wrong but I bet its something like that.

At the risk of disagreeing with one of my best friends on here: That guy has never had a girlfriend! LOL!

Does anyone actually believe the person posting is really Mr. STONEking? He does have a legal staff.

The immediate departure last night was due to on-coming snow and a need to be in Detroit for an early morning meeting.

I'd encourage the majority of you here to read all three of his books before making grande assumptions and personal attacks.

well, i don't see the need in wasting money on a book, that when reading excerpts from obviously has lies written in it. :)

So, I'm still a little unclear on how a tax on guests that will benefit the city of Mason will make Kings Island more safe. Last night's little presentation from Mr Stoneking seemed like propaganda that had little to do with the issue at hand. Leaving immediately afterward without a look back seemed cowardly, and having a staffmember posting on here as you also seems cowardly. If it was so important that you come to the meeting, one would think you'd want to stick around for the actual vote.

Well, representative of MrSTONEking, if his legal representation is as skilled as his website development team, I think we have very little to fear. :lol:

But in all seriousness, why would a simple author of a 100-copies-printed book have a legal team? And if you really are a paid representative of MrSTONEking, it's quite sad that he's paying someone to register for Kings Island fan sites under his name to defend his poorly supported arguments... If that's all it takes, I could be a legal assistant, and make big bucks!

I'm with Terpy. Honestly. Let's just stop talking about him. Everyone block him, who cares? Te point is, Kings Island is tax-free! Just a thought.

I would say riding a rollercoaster is a heck of a lot safer than changing a light bulb.

Very interesting and incredible thought! Love it.

I am sure there are a lot more accidents in people's homes than there are on amusement park rides. I would say riding a rollercoaster is a heck of a lot safer than changing a light bulb.

Rollercoasters are one of the safest forms of transportation. Millions of riders per year, with very few accidents.

Oh, and, btw, if the TTD launch cable steam is "smoke", then...

ytIEx.jpg