Glasses on rides

israel09

Anybody wear glasses while riding. Do you have any trouble keeping them on. i've successfully ridding Racer while reading them .that bout it sooo? any feedback? lol i'm paranoid about my glasses, due the fact if i were to loose them they cost over half a grand to replace (my eyesight sucks, lol)

I've ridden Diamondback with glasses with no problems. However, there are many people who lose their glasses on rides every day. Considering how expensive yours are, I would buy a strap for your glasses or just not wear them while riding. You can lose anything that's not secured. Even stuff that you think is deep in your pockets can wiggle out.

I originally believed I might lose my glasses the first time I rode Tomb Raider, so I took them off (strange as it sounds I kept them on for Flight of Fear) and put them in the pouch. However, since I'm nearsighted I couldn't see much of the scenery during the ride, so at a later time I decided to put them on and hope they wouldn't fall out. Thankfully they didn't (again, Flight of Fear should have reminded me that), and I've kept them on ever since.

I suggest going to Wal-Mart and purchasing straps for your glasses (less than $5).

They are adjustable, and will fit your glasses to your head very tightly. And if your hair is dark, the straps are hardly noticable.

I wear them with my sunglasses at parks, as well as on my Sea-Doo, skiing, golfing, etc., and have never had any type of issue. Most parks & waterparks will also allow me to wear them without issue since they are so tight to my head.

Something like this:

http://www.bewild.com/adsunest.html

I wear a strap on my glasses on certain rides. Delirium, The Crypt, Vortex, Flight of Fear, Invertigo, Firehawk I wear the strap. Better be safe than sorry. Some rides at Cedar Point you are REQUIRED to have a strap on your glasses if you wish to ride wearing your glasses. Top Thrill Dragster comes to mind immediately.

Ironically, when I went down to Carowinds last spring, they made me remove my glasses and put them in a bin (they would not let me ride with them on), even though I was wearing a strap!

I agree Terp with the Croakie endorsement... I use them exclusively. It takes all of 10 seconds or less to fasten the strap tightly before the ride is dispatched. Also, it gives you a convenient place to keep your sunglasses when you walk into a darker building and need to actually see. I only had two sets of ride ops ever be jackasses with me when it came to my glasses or sunglasses.... once on Villain at GL and always on Spinning Dragons at WoF.

Ironically, when I went down to Carowinds last spring, they made me remove my glasses and put them in a bin (they would not let me ride with them on), even though I was wearing a strap!

Looks to me like you had a ride op who did not know their park's own policy. If you look at the 09 Ride Guide PDF at the Carowinds web site:

http://www.carowinds.com/images/attractions/09cc_rideguide.pdf

it clearly states "Glasses must be secured on all rides. Carolina Cobra, Nighthawk, Afterburn. Vortex, Carolina Cyclone and Drop Tower require athletic straps to secure glasses or they cannot be worn."

As someone who wears glasses, I hate when the ride ops try to make me remove mine, especially when the park's policy DOES allow it, but some ride ops take things to extremes and enforce rules that are not really valid. I have a very secure strap, and have never lost a single item on a coaster. If Cedar Point lets you wear glasses that are strapped on MF and TTD, then really I can not think of another ride that would be more prone to knock strapped glasses off your face. Also, if the ride ever stopped and I needed to be evacuated from the ride, it would be very hard to see properly without my glasses.

As for Knott's Berry Farm, I was allowed to wear my glasses with Strap on ALL rides last fall (2009) except for Xcelerator and Pony Express. (Cedar Fair lets me wear my glasses with strap on Top Thrill Dragster but I have to remove them on Pony Express?) Several ride ops at other coasters tried to get me take my glasses off, but when I showed them my strap, they said it was okay. The very nice ride op for Montezuma's Revenge told me that there has been a memo for most coasters that say that wearing glasses is okay if they are tightly strapped to the face, but many ride ops are not aware of that and make people take them off anyway. *sigh*

• Like 1

I didn't feel like wearing my contacts to CP once, so I wore my glasses with a $2 strap I bought. One of the TTD ride ops (who must have been new, my strap is bright blue with a CP logo) was like, "Are you sure those will stay on?" My response was, "Honey, these stayed on even on Maverick and Voyage. I don't think they're going anywhere." She left me alone after that. XD

Anybody wear glasses while riding. Do you have any trouble keeping them on. i've successfully ridding Racer while reading them .that bout it sooo? any feedback? lol i'm paranoid about my glasses, due the fact if i were to loose them they cost over half a grand to replace (my eyesight sucks, lol)

I think you need to have your grammar worked on as well as your eyesight. It's also in the TOS