2011 what should KI get

pat

In case anyone's wondering Great Coasters International has been teasing a new design they're working on on Facebook:

20175_275004679094_23030364094_3246265_7229257_n.jpg

20175_290739089094_23030364094_3296173_2944573_n.jpg

20375_299889904094_23030364094_3327162_1168843_n.jpg

20575_305712349094_23030364094_3344446_5451414_n.jpg

The last one was uploaded just today. While there is a very high probability this is not for Kings Island, Cedar Fair has been on a GCI streak and I thought it's worth discussing where this might be for, since it hasn't been announced yet.

I'd actually rather have a GCI then a GG at KI....GG's are harder to maintain, and less family oriented.

Personally, I think KI is pretty well covered in the family coaster department- Top Gun, Adventure Express, Racer, Little Bill, Reptar, FOC, and Backlot. I wouldn't mind having a kick-butt woodie, especially maybe in an area formerly occupied by KI's biggest "inside" joke...

ALL I said is that that terrain looks familiar....and, indeed, it does....

Yea, and I still remember you and your Night Row comments from 2 years ago....

Sometimes I have to be smacked up side the head before I catch onto an idea, but if this is a rumor about what I think it might be, this is why this is my FAVORITE place on the Internet (or some other places, for that matter)...

Amen!

Just because a company might pitch a proposal does not mean a buyer exists for it...(see, for instance, a certain hypercoaster pitched to a park in Mason, Ohio in the Paramount Parks days)...or that it won't be bought later by another park owner more interested in the purchase and/or more financially able to take it on.

See also, Renegade, Prowler, and the would be woodie at California's Great America....not to mention, the fact that when this supposed ride would open Kings Island could be under different ownership and different management interested more in short term investment and value rather then long term cost...

The other popular census is that this is intended for Silver Dollar City. I looked on terrain mode on google maps and there is a location that fits that terrain, however, it's about as big as that park and half a mile away.

Look at the last GCI Concept picture, at the bottom of the appearent lift hill. See where there is a break in the supports? That matches almost perfectly with the maintenance road that's underneath SoB's structure, the one several of us have walked under for tours.

I'm now fairly positive that this is for Kings Island, however I have been wrong before, many times!

My guess would be YES. We are CF's third most visited seasonal park (source, page 10), so, if anyone's going to get a new coaster during CF's hard times, it's going to be us. Here's hoping! It looks like another Prowler... would they dare to reuse the SoB concept?

It should be pointed out that those numbers are not official attendance figures, and that much has changed since 2007.