2011 what should KI get

pat

your far right box could easily be where the "town" scene is on bbw, and as for the middle box, all it would take would be a little bit of dirt moving to have that area more flattened at the base of the valley. even though it's not as clear as in the animation, if you look back at the first screen shot you posted of the bbw area, you can see a slight jut in the side of the hill on the south side of the lift.

i still feel that the computer graphic looks more like this area than Son of Beast's.

The problem with the BBW area is as you go further to the right, the valley gets higher and higher. In the animation, if anything it gets lower. And if you're going to assume that they intend to alter the terrain with the BBW area, why can't they do the same with the SoB area?

I'm seeing a general similarity, but when you get down to it, it just doesn't seem to match for me. Maverick 2007, where did you find that Topo map? If you can, can you get a topo map of Busch Gardens Europe?

a good amount of coasters end up setting on land that's topo. doesn't look like what it did when it's project started. look at Diamondback for example, or even Firehawk.

anyway, the land to start out with looks much closer, imo, to the computer animation at the big bad wolf site, but i have been wrong many, many times before and with saying that, i'm not going to rule out what your ideas are, especially since nothing has been released other than the computer model.

as for the myth busted comment earlier, that was me trying to be humorous, but i guess it didn't work, but i still believe that the bbw site is a closer match than Son of Beast's

*i've also noticed that terpy hasn't been commenting anymore in this thread, i think that one of the two of us is on the right track.:)

a good amount of coasters end up setting on land that's topo. doesn't look like what it did when it's project started. look at Diamondback for example, or even Firehawk.

anyway, the land to start out with looks much closer, imo, to the computer animation at the big bad wolf site, but i have been wrong many, many times before and with saying that, i'm not going to rule out what your ideas are, especially since nothing has been released other than the computer model.

as for the myth busted comment earlier, that was me trying to be humorous, but i guess it didn't work, but i still believe that the bbw site is a closer match than Son of Beast's

*i've also noticed that terpy hasn't been commenting anymore in this thread, i think that one of the two of us is on the right track.:)

A) I still don't see how the Big Bad Wolf ravine looks more similar then the Son of Beast area. From what I've seen there are certain spots that look the same but other places don't match at all. The ravine is higher to the right, there's no dramatic elevation change to the right, there isn't a flat area at the bottom, and there isn't a little cranny to the right of the lift hill. Son of Beast's Area has most of that, if not all.

B) It's smart that you aren't ruling anything out yet. This is a very young design and rumor, and neither of these parks have even opened yet. If little pink flags start to show up at either park, then I guess we'll have an answer! And are you just defending the BBW area because you don't want to see SoB go? :P

C) Terpy posts as he pleases, and there are certain topics (Son of Beast for one, I might add) he shall not discuss on these boards. He'll say anything he has to to sturr up attention though, so I wouldn't go by him!

D) Do we have anyone who's tried to match the terrain with the Topo map maverick2007 posted?

And are you just defending the BBW area because you don't want to see SoB go? :P

actually no, i'm not defending the bbw area because i don't want Son of Beast gone, i'm defending it because to me, and also others, the area bbw sets on looks closer to the land depicted in the computer animation.

You haven't ridden a GCI! They almost ALWAYS have a hundred plus feet of track from the station to the lift, I think there's only one or two rides they go right into the chain. Assuming where the station is going to be is not gonna work.

Yes, I have never ridden a GCI. Though, I do love it when coasters have quite a bit of track before the fist chain lift.

Honestly, the first time I saw the land, I thought Flight Deck, and could see Cedar Fair removing both Flight Deck and Son of Beast, maybe for future expansion of the Action Zone midway... Anyone think it could be Flight Deck's and Son of Beast's?

Post edited- February 14, 2010 5:33

I also thought that Terpy probably wouldn't repeat how familiar the terrain is without having a reason for it. Doesn't necessarily mean that it's KI's terrain he is referring too but this is afterall a KI faniste...

Though that being said, from the pics posted, it does seem to resemble the BBW site more to me. I hope I am wrong though!

Sure does look like familiar terrain....

Since someone thinks I am not commenting, I'll just say it again.

It sure does look like familiar terrain....

Just to check my assumption, isn't most amusement park terrain likely familiar to Terpy?

I wondered how long that would take someone...bout darn time!