2011 what should KI get

pat

in all honesty if we were going to be receiving an invert, i would be happy with one of b&m's batman models, i rode my first one last friday at seaworld san antonio, and i must say that was much more forceful than i expected it was going to be, and i loved it. :)

Not to mention, from what I've heard, they also experience a lot of downtime.

As for what Kings Island should get in 2011, a Screaming Swing would be fun, as would a good invert. If however we have another year without a major addition, I would like to see general park improvements, especially in the Coney Mall and Tower Gardens area. I feel as if for a year without a major addition (other than the retheme), too many of the "little things" around the park have been neglected, as was mentioned in another thread.

Either a new invert or dive machine get my vote though. ;)

Guest Millennium

Is it possible that we could get a coaster in 2011? It feels like every year when we got one before there were KI staff talking about it.

I think they need old school type flats, simple rides that attract the hordes of people that walk through Coney. Remember not all people want coasters, paying guests.

Agreed. The average person over the age of 40 does not want an extreme experience. And still Cedar Fair and Six Flags continue to pile on the coasters...

Nowadays, only the younger members of my family go to Kings Island. Though we do have big family outings at Coney Island, every so often. And what a blast they are!

I know that they pretty much failed with this last time around (from what I've heard, I've never actually had the Pleasure of riding Son of Beast), but I think King's Island should add a new Woodie to the Park. Now I know that they are a little crunched for space, but i would be in favor of them Removing Flight Deck and replacing it with the Station Platform for a new Wooden Rollercoaster. It could wind it's way through the Back of the Park, towards behind the Midway, The X-Base, etc. And they could easily make it an out and back ride. The only reason that I'm really pitching this, though, is that i love the appearance of Wooden Coasters, and i think that Theyre much more fun than Steel Coasters (Besides Vortex tongue.gif ). I wouldn't be opposed to them adding a steel ride at all though. I just want something new! (Preferably a Woodie)

Sorry for Rambling Again! sad.gif

Cue the thoosie to tell us that 2012 is Kings Island's 40th anniversary (so Terpy can tell that person that 2011 will the 40th season and celebrating 40 years of thrills and chills!...as if either matters a whit to most park managements)

Well, this is Coney`s 125 operating season. Although, it will celebrate its 125th anniversary next June 21st, when the park officially turns 125 years old (when it is in its 126 operating season). The marketing campaign by the park this year has been focusing on Coney`s history (even going so far as to call Coney Island "Cincinnati`s Historical Amusement Park").

If SOB was to be torn down, it should be replaced by another woody and not a "giga" steel coaster. But also rememer coasters are not cheap and it all depends on the expected increase in attendence it would generate. While all you coaster fanatics want to see the biggest, faster, super duper steel coaster, it might be in the past. Alot can be done to increase a park's profitability than buying and building a super duper $20 million coaster.

If SOB was to be torn down, it should be replaced by another woody and not a "giga" steel coaster. But also rememer coasters are not cheap and it all depends on the expected increase in attendence it would generate. While all you coaster fanatics want to see the biggest, faster, super duper steel coaster, it might be in the past. Alot can be done to increase a park's profitability than buying and building a super duper $20 million coaster.

If SoB were replaced with another wooden coaster, the GP would continue to think that the new ride was ACTUALLY SoB, even if it obviously wasn't. That's what's happened with Psyclone/Terminator: Salvation at SFMM. I would bet nothing wooden will be built in that spot for a long, long time.

^Great points. The fact that you have 2 of the parks major attractions that far away from a bathroom is something that should be addressed. I also like the idea of a sign indicating when FH is down, to keep guests from putting $2 in one of those lockers for no reason. Of course, if members read signs, they wouldn't put quarters in there. A smoking area in one of the corners of XBase would be nice, for those who need it.

Edit: was trying to respond to a post by GoodYellowKorn RE: XBase. Still getting used to the site. Bear with me, please.

If SoB were replaced with another wooden coaster, the GP would continue to think that the new ride was ACTUALLY SoB, even if it obviously wasn't. That's what's happened with Psyclone/Terminator: Salvation at SFMM. I would bet nothing wooden will be built in that spot for a long, long time.

People will be calling the other wooden coasters SoB though (they already do, mostly The Beast).

After finally getting to ride Millie, I'd say with Diamondback at the park a giga-coaster would just be silly. Millie doesn't offer much more thrills than Diamondback, and to some extent Diamondback is actually better. But now that I've re-acquainted myself with Raptor, I really REALLY want a B&M invert!

Guest Millennium

After spending nearly 50 Million on just two coasters this year..I don't think CF is looking to build anything huge in 2011.

Quite honestly if they just put a Raptor model in I'd happy! We got our one of a kind-unique-highly expensive B&M hypercoaster, and I know Cedar Fair's financial situation. If they are willing to give us one, and keep it cheap by making it a Raptor or Batman model I'm fine with that. And since I Just rode Raptor I can say quite frankly its awesome!

And yes if you look at RCDB "Raptor" Is now a model, though their are only 3 of them including Raptor at CP.