2011 what should KI get

pat

Agreed!

2011 - Suspended top spin

2012 - Ferris wheel,

S&S Screamin' Swing replacing Action Theater or Thunder Alley,

GCI Coaster on Son of Beast's former location

AKA, 2012 is a grand re-branding of Action Zone! Now if only we could set BLSC down over there... Sigh.

Now THAT'S a plan for ya!

Agreed!

2011 - Suspended top spin

2012 - Ferris wheel,

S&S Screamin' Swing replacing Action Theater or Thunder Alley,

GCI Coaster on Son of Beast's former location

AKA, 2012 is a grand re-branding of Action Zone! Now if only we could set BLSC down over there... Sigh.

Now THAT'S a plan for ya!

I am all for a humongous Ferris wheel. Everyone underestimates those things until you're at the top!

In the proxy, Cedar Fair discloses what its planned capex was/is in the event the Apollo transaction is not confirmed...let's just say it is very constricted.

How do these numbers compare to CF's capex has been the past few years? Is $84.4 (projected for 2010) million significantly less then what has been spent the past few years?

In the proxy, Cedar Fair discloses what its planned capex was/is in the event the Apollo transaction is not confirmed...let's just say it is very constricted.

How do these numbers compare to CF's capex has been the past few years? Is $84.4 (projected for 2010) million significantly less then what has been spent the past few years?

2010 is this year...all is said and done...Terpy is looking further down the road...

2010 is this year...all is said and done...Terpy is looking further down the road...

I realized that shortly after I posted lol. Still the projections (according to the proxy) going forward are as follows:

2011: $82.5 million

2012: $86.1 million

2013: $79.2 million

So all fall into a range similar to this year. I was just wondering how this compares.

I realized that shortly after I posted lol. Still the projections (according to the proxy) going forward are as follows:

2011: $82.5 million

2012: $86.1 million

2013: $79.2 million

So all fall into a range similar to this year. I was just wondering how this compares.

It looks as though you may have read over this little important bit in the proxy (from same page, 58):

The financial projections do not take into account any circumstances or events occurring after the date

they were prepared, including the announcement of the Merger. Further, the financial projections do not take into

account the effect of any failure to occur of the Merger and should not be viewed as accurate or continuing in that

context. We have neither updated or revised nor intend to update or otherwise revise the financial projections to

reflect circumstances existing since their preparation or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events even in

the event that any or all of the underlying assumptions are shown to be in error.

Completely agree with that. Kings Island will never be the same without them. But at least we got Backlot Stunt Coaster and the 3-Point shootout right?

I have to say the three point shoot out is pretty popular. I watched some of the UC players trying at the game haha. It gave me a good laugh. But I'm not a big fan of BLSC.

I remember last year, there was a guy who would come to the park basically just to play that game. he would play at least 10 times. He got really good at it too, and sometimes he woould just give the prize he won to someone else. haha. Usually if I saw him, I would stop and watch. :lol:

I remember last year, there was a guy who would come to the park basically just to play that game. he would play at least 10 times. He got really good at it too, and sometimes he woould just give the prize he won to someone else. haha. Usually if I saw him, I would stop and watch. :lol:

I think I remember that. If he won a basketball, he would throw it into the crowd for anyone to have! That guy was a beast! Pun intended...

Just for FUN. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I think KI should strive to beat Kingda Ka for the Tallest Roller Coaster in the World

Why? Do you know how much that costs? Top thrill dragster was 25 million (according to rcdb) Something even taller then both of them would be over 30 million.

Like many have said before, we need a flat ride.  Its something I think KI has been lacking in.  Screamin swing would work well.

I totally agree with you Kings Island needs another flat or maybe even another water ride.