Cashless System Coming To Waldameer

I don't know if I like this system or not. It seems that it is just adding one more step that guests have to go through in order to enjoy attractions, leading to longer lines not for the rides (where many will spread out and go to different rides anyway,) but at the recharging stations.

But hey, if it works, good on `em.

I am not a fan of having to have your wrist band scanned at each ride. They do this at Indiana Beech and it was a PITA. Many times they did not work and the operator had to key in an override. I much prefer a POP park then having to deal with a card or wrist band that must be scanned at every ride.

• 4 weeks later...

Aside from the whole "spending more money with swiping" angle (which is really a no-brainer), I seriously hope it alleviates the lines purchasing tickets/ Ride-a-Ramas.

When the main park of Waldameer would open, usually at 1:00pm, there would be more people standing in line waiting to purchase tickets/ Ride-a-Ramas than waiting in all the rides combined.

The "old" system was really a joke.

I'd love to see a system like this come to KI for food, games, and merchandise. It could easily be integrated into the season passes (they could have a magnetic strip and barcode, just like the associate IDs. They could even recycle that design!), and I have a feeling that per-cap spending would increase quite a bit.

I'd love to see a system like this come to KI for food, games, and merchandise. It could easily be integrated into the season passes (they could have a magnetic strip and barcode, just like the associate IDs. They could even recycle that design!), and I have a feeling that per-cap spending would increase quite a bit.

Disney has been doing that for years, and, has been making money on it. Not just from the per cap spending side, but from interest from people that put money on the card.

Disney ends up being just like a bank, except, you do not make any money on your "savings" account, they do.

Not to mention the people that "forget" to get their money back- just like people that forget to use a gift card.