Park History

Chatter

It was removed between 1997 and 1998. That was the year HB got its make over. Huckleberry Dairy was moved out of Busytown Grill (though it was Dino's Delights at the time). There is now a fenced in area where the remainder of the tunnel once was. That is now a service/storage area for the food stands in that area.

I only remembered it being taken out that year because I first started in 1998 and was giong to my first day of work and couldn't find out how to get there. In years past I always went through the ivy tunnel, but it was missing that year.

Yes, a small bit of the tunnel still exists. I have seen it I believe near the second entrance to HBBL. And like TheRickster mentioned I believe it is covering the tables. That used to be one of the main hilights of my trip to the park as a kid. Sometimes I wish it was still there so I could enjoy a nice cool spot on a hot summers day. O well such is life. I cant say that I dont enjoy the "new" HHBL. Maybe too much LOL.

• 10 years later...

So holy resurection of a long thought dead thread... But for a reason. Cincinnati Enquirer today posted a little story about the "famous" people who have worked at KI. Didnt think it warranted a new thread so I just will drop it off here.

http://www.cincinnati.com/picture-gallery/entertainment/2014/04/14/celebrities-who-worked-at-kings-island/7610777/

• Like 2

Here is a little article about the time when animals, humans, and a train all interacted

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/history/2014/04/21/kings-island-lion-country-safari-history-warren-county/7976435/

The animals ended up back with Reece at his next job, managing a 14-square-mile animal preserve called the Wilds southeast of Zanesville. Kings Island and Kings Dominion animals were donated in 1994 to what was then North America's largest wild animal complex.

Its awesome that the animals were brought into that animal park. It is amazing out there.

• Like 3