World's most popular beagle arrives at Kings Island

coaster_junky

Snoopy might have a hard time getting inside the park as only seeing eye dogs are allowed inside. :rolleyes: I would love to have him spend the day in the Pet Care Center and all of the Peanut Gang can visit him and take him for walks. :)

Well, actually other types of service dogs are also allowed in the park, but most doggies are relegated to elsewhere. The real question...where is Scooby allowed in the park now? Only with you or can he go in? Ah, the answer awaits most patrons on April 17...

As for Seeing Eye Dogs, did you know that is one organization that provides guide dogs? http://www.seeingeye.org/aboutUs/

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snoopy might have a hard time getting inside the park as only seeing eye dogs are allowed inside. :rolleyes: I would love to have him spend the day in the Pet Care Center and all of the Peanut Gang can visit him and take him for walks. :)

Well, actually other types of service dogs are also allowed in the park, but most doggies are relegated to elsewhere. The real question...where is Scooby allowed in the park now? Only with you or can he go in? Ah, the answer awaits most patrons on April 17...

As for Seeing Eye Dogs, did you know that is one organization that provides guide dogs? http://www.seeingeye.org/aboutUs/

Will Snoopy be in unexpected areas of the park, other than PS? Why would Snoopy only be allowed to come in with a patron? Some patrons will find out before April 17?

Yes, there are other type of working dogs that would be allowed in the park with their owners. I had a very nice seeing eye dog in the kennel last season. The owner requested that he stay there as he was with others. He was very well trained and very friendly. I bet most people did not know that if you see someone with a seeing eye dog to not go and pet him/her without asking first. I even had a policeman come in and boarded his working K9 police dog. I posted under his dogs name "Do not pet" and made sure young kids would not attempt to pet. He was very well trained and obeyed his masters commands to a tee.

With me working in the marketing field after leaving The Mount, I can picture Snoopy posing beneath the Pet Care entrance and me shaking his paw! It would be a nice promotion for our Pet Care Center, which is where I work! :) Maybe if Don sees this and says to himself, "Yes! This is a great ideal!!" "Lets make it so!!"

Those costumes are designed to get wet. It does, after all, rain...

Really? I've never seen the characters out in the rain, so I assumed the costumes weren't waterproof. The more I know! :P

if the rain starts and characters are outside the run for cover. they avoid the rain to skip out on mold and what not, the costumes cant be easy to clean

(emphasis added)

Will Snoopy be in unexpected areas of the park, other than PS? Why would Snoopy only be allowed to come in with a patron? Some patrons will find out before April 17?

Other than redding things and adding the words "(emphasis added)", I have faithfully quoted me.

I stand by my musing...

N before C

Except when sounded like see der fair....

You really think so? He certainly CAN be sold in the retail stores and given out as prizes at the games...but as a walking character in the park?

Terpy, who likes to ask questions

Aren't some of the paying customers walking characters themselves?Scooby is allowed to visit the park as long as he pays his admission.He might be paying with a big jar of nickels.

Not in costume, he isn't. Wearing masks in the park is prohibited. Also, commercial use of the Scooby character in the park was covered by the park's HB agreement, which, according to the article jzarley posted recently, ended with 2009. Merchandise bought for resale or as games prizes is covered by different agreements, which is why you often saw Scooby, even years ago, at Six Flags, even though at the time the Paramount Parks marketed Scooby and the HB characters heavily.

Not in costume, he isn't. Wearing masks in the park is prohibited. Also, commercial use of the Scooby character in the park was covered by the park's HB agreement, which, according to the article jzarley posted recently, ended with 2009. Merchandise bought for resale or as games prizes is covered by different agreements, which is why you often saw Scooby, even years ago, at Six Flags, even though at the time the Paramount Parks marketed Scooby and the HB characters heavily.

Costume?You mean Scooby isn't real?(Uh Terpy,all my posts bout Scooby visiting were to be taken in jest,as if he were really a former park employee.)

You did bring up an interesting point about the HB contract expiring in 2009.I've always heard that there was a separate agreement with Sally for SDATHC that expired in a few years.I'm not sure if that covered just the ride or if it also included having Scooby as a costumed character.I'm assuming that Cedar Fair thought it would be easier to change everything in the kid's areas in one year rather than doing it in two separate years.I'm also assuming that they would rather have had just one cartoon dog character at some of their parks rather than two.It does make sense from a business standpoint to have uniformity of cartoon characters used in the parks chainwide.