Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread

bkroz

Though this has been alluded to in other posts, I think it deserves its own topic, with some of our own questions (mine included... you'll never guess which one!) being answered:

DAY ONE.

Q: Austin Benton asks what are the details about Planet Snoopy like names of the rides, and what's going on with the former Scooby Doo & The Haunted Castle.

A: Photos and videos of the current construction going on in Planet Snoopy will be posted in a matter of days. You won't have to wait much longer for the names of the 18 rides and attractions in Planet Snoopy to be announced. As a fan of Kings Island on Facebook, you'll be among the first to know. As for the former Scooby Doo & The Haunted Castle, that ride will not be PEANUTS themed.

---------------------------

Q: Austin Benton also wants to know what's going to happen with Son of Beast.

A: No decision has been made concerning the ride. We know everyone is tired of hearing that answer, but the reality of the situation is that is the answer at this time.

Q: Chris Hughes wants to know that aside from Planet Snoopy what will be the biggest change guests see at the park.

A: There's a new Pretzel shop on International Street that we're very excited about. The Outside of Outer Hanks will have a new face. There's new countertops in Skyline Chili on International Street. New menu items at some of the food locations. We'll also have four all-new live stage shows.

Q: Neil Rupp asks if a date has been set for Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend event.

A: Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend was very well received last year by the various enthusiasts clubs and organizations that particpated, but we're going to go a different direction this year by offering a series of exclusive opportunities for members of ACE, Great Ohio Coaster Club, CoasterBuz and KIC to participate in throughout the season.

Q: Brian Krosnick wants to know if there are any immediate or long-range plans for The Crypt, or is the goal right now just to keep it up and running. He would also like to know when the 2010 park map will be available on our website.

A: An adjustment was made to the ride program for The Crypt last year that accounted for an increase in ridership of 91,987 over the previous year and more than 100 hours less of downtown. There are fans of the ride that miss the original program, but the adjustment that was made enhanced the ride's performance. In regards to the 2010 map, we're in the process of finalizing a couple of menu items and the details for an all-new night time show. Soon though. Very soon.

Link.

In summarization, here are some points of interest:

• Planet Snoopy information will be posted "in a matter of days."
  • Scooby Doo & The Haunted Castle's retheme will not be Peanuts related (odd, since didn't one of the other park's Boo Blasters on Boo Hill make reference to the Peanuts gang?)
  • Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend will not be returning, but there will be (as was mentioned) an exclusive event of some sort open to KIC.
  • New exterior for Outer Hanks.
  • New Pretzel Shop on International Street.
  • The Crypt will remain unchanged for the (opening of the) 2010 season.
  • A new nighttime show? Fireworks, or something along the lines of Cedar Point's big-screen-on-the-midway show that I can't recall the name of? Or Starlight Experience? Who knows?!

This opportunity on their Facebook to ask questions (and they answer five of them each day at 5:00) is really great, so I encourage people to ask away! Though they may not necessarily treasure their official site as they should, it's awesome to see the park reaching out through blogs, Twitter, and Facebook. Many parks still don't offer that sort of thing.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine they wouldn't have referred to it as Outer Hanks if it was becoming Bubba Gump's again... Though it could - Bubba Gump's Shrimp Shack is a nationwide chain of restaurants. The name was just used at Paramount's Kings Island because it was (probably) free and referenced a well-loved movie. Kings Island today could chose to franchise the Bubba Gump's name... What the point would be, I'm not sure?

Awesome! Nice juicy info on 2010. Leave it to Kings Island to announce that RWCW details will be released, then say it won't happen. The non-Peanuts theme is surprising, but what I'm really excited abot the new Night time show they were talking about! And the names, pictures, and map release to come soon will keep me interested!

Wasent Forest Gumps nick name in the movie Bubba? If so, I think that is why they changed it.

Sorry for the double post but the Tom Hanks fan inside of me couldn't let this go unchallenged biggrin.gif

Edit: By the time I got around to posting this it was no longer a double post... go figure o.O

Bubba was a good friend of Forrest Gump's that he met during his service in the Army and whom he lost in a battle durring Vietnam. It was not his nickname biggrin.gif

^^^^Forrest's name wasn't Bubba. The man, who ended up being his friend, that he met in the army was Bubba. Real name : Benjamin Buford Blue. But people called him bubba. They said after the army they would start a shrimping company together. And thats where bubba gump shrimp came into play.

Wasent Forest Gumps nick name in the movie Bubba? If so, I think that is why they changed it.

Bubba inspired Forrest Gump to open a shrimp restaurant in the movie.

EDIT: Ah I was beat!! :angry: Hahha.

Actually it was a shrimp boat and Lieutenant Dan was his first mate.

im curious as to outer hanks. it housed a haunt attraction, & am unsure if they took it completley down or just left up the black walls & rethemed the outside facade. if you look at all others, they leave the majority (that is housed) still in place; while taking down the smaller items. example: urgent scare, massacre manor, the cemetary, tombstone terrortory; just to name a few.

which now has me wandering about the stunt grill/slaughterhouse.

Wait, wait, wait... The Crypt's program was "enhanced?!" Au contraire, I know 0 people who will agree that the program was enhanced. It was enhanced in the fact that it had far less downtime, but that's about it. Unless they recently changed the definition of "enhanced" to be "made incredibly boring."

This makes me wonder how many different possible themes SDATHC could have!

ANTICIPATION!! :P

Well let's see...

Kings Dominion's? Boo Blasters on Boo Hill.

Carowinds'? Boo Blasters on Boo Hill.

Canada's Wonderland's? Boo Blasters on Boo Hill.

Great America's? Kidzville River Adventure.

But then again Great America has a Kidzville, which we do not, and theirs is a boat ride, which ours is not.

Hopefully you can tell what I think the new SDATHC theme will be...