Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread

bkroz

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My post, if I do recall! You even mentioned my "boarding in the darkness, hearing the waterfalls all around you, as the houselights come up," etc etc. Glad it left an impression, if that is indeed where you got it!

It IS, indeed, where I got it. :D I agree 1,000 percent. That would possibly return it to what it once was. Being as I've never had the opportunity to experience it, it looks truly amazing just from a spectator standpoint and I could just imagine what that would be like in the darkness inside that building.

P.S. I hope you don't mind that I borrowed from your post, but as soon as I saw this I felt it necessary to put the idea out there where they would see it directly. Whether it made a difference or not...who knows.

I think that the single best piece of news in all of this is the fact that Scooby Doo will not be Peanuts themed. This is truly something to look forward to since I am a dark ride enthusiast and a Peanuts dark ride would have been the wrong direction to go. This opens up a ton of possibilities and I can't wait to see what they do.

link.

A lot of great questions today! Good variety. Keep em' coming!

Q: Asa McCormick - How many test runs does a roller coaster have to make in the offseason before it can re-open in the spring?

A: Unless it's a new roller coaster, each train will make 100-or-more cycles while a flat ride will perform 50. Once the test cycles have been completed, the State of Ohio visits to inspect and certify the rides before the park opens.

---------------------------

Q: Tom Wones - I have been asking this same question for years. WILL YOU BRING BACK WINTERFEST?

A: C'mon now Tom! With all this snow we've had this winter, how can you be thinking cold thoughts? But to answer your question, the decision to no longer have Winterfest was made so the park could put all of its focus on its core season, which is spring, summer and fall. There are no plans at least for the foreseeable future to bring Winterfest back.

Q: Austin Benton - Do you offer internships?

A: Internship opportunties are available in areas such as marekting, promotions, catering, public relations, video production. These positions are typically filled in early February by college students. Available internships are posted online in the jobs section of our website.

Q: Justin Balogh - Has there been any new plants, trees and other greenery placed around the park? I know Action Zone could use some.

A: Once the snow melts and the weather warms up, our landscapers will place new plants, trees and other greenery in different locations throughout the park. We have our own greenhouse on property. We'll post some pics of the landscapers putting in new plants and such in the spring.

Q: Kyle Joyce - Can we expect any new theming or updates on the Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad to bring it up to par with the theming on Cedar Point's railroad?

A: We were talking about the train just the other day over lunch. We've discussed ideas on things we can do to make the train ride more of an experience for our guests. What ideas would you have for the train?

i really like the first question asked.

Yes, prior to receiving its light shade of purple paint, the coaster was paint blue. When on ride photos started becoming common, they needed a place to sell them. They might have just had that piece of themeing and were able to use it for the on ride photo booth, and it also helped promote the Hanna Barbera theme. Just look at how the size of photo booths have increased. Compare Vortex and The Beast`s photo booths with the one for Firehawk, Flight of Fear (when its photo area was in use) or even Diamondback`s photo area.

And speaking of on ride photos, I remember riding Adventure Express in the mid `90s when it had a black and white on ride photo!

didnt the kiddy coaster (before 2010 season) have 4 names? scooby doo/beastie/???/fairly odd coaster. i remember beastie when it had the buzzard out front of its entry que, but when the mystery machine got added as a photo booth, didnt the coaster get slapped with another scooby name? no i am not talking about scoobys ghoster coaster, that was a completly different ride entirely (which i never got to ride).

Q: Austin Benton - How do they decide what should be added to the park each year, line in 2009 when Diamondback was added?

A: Information obtained through guest surveys taken in the park plays a role in many of those decisions. New concepts for rides and attractions are always being presented, too.

Q: Bruce E Knolle - Will The Racer ever go backwards again?

A: In the spring of 1982, due to the decision to shut down The Bat for the season, the park needed to come up with something new and unique for visitors. The park's marketing director, Tom Nowlin, suggested turning around one side of The Racer. It wasn't supposed to be for the long term, just something to get the park through Memorial Day Weekend. But the backwards side was immensely popular, and the park decided to keep it that way for the remainder the season. Something done as a gimmick ended up lasting 26 years. Now that the ride is back to operating the way it was intended to, I wouldn't envision it going backwards again. Speaking of backwards, can you imagine riding Diamondback backwards?

Q: Nicholas Himes - What's the possibility of that The Beast could get the new timberliner trains in the near future?

A: After 30 years of annually being ranked as one of the best wooden roller coasters in the world, if it ain't broke why fix it?

Q: Tyler Nusky - Will the new Pretzel stand replace an exisiting stand?

A: The Pretzel Shop will be located on International Street, where the BBQ stand was last year. You will be able to watch your pretzel being made by hand.

Q: Brett Fehr - Will the Planet Snoopy names be the same as the other Cedar Fair parks or will we see a bit of variety?

A: The answer to that question will be unveiled soon. Very soon!

My question got answered, yay smile.gif

Q: Tyler Nusky - Will the new Pretzel stand replace an exisiting stand?

A: The Pretzel Shop will be located on International Street, where the BBQ stand was last year. You will be able to watch your pretzel being made by hand.

This answer confused me. I don't remember there being a BBQ stand on International Street last season. Can anybody enlighten me as to where this location was?