Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread

bkroz

Especially when you consider that a subset of the former Paramount Parks gate music (played at the gate at Kings Island, Kings Dominion, etc.) is now played at Worlds of Fun...with very bad speakers. Hearing the theme from Top Gun, etc., there is very odd.

It's almost as if they believe in change for change's sake. They changed it because they could. Sigh.

They play it at Worlds of Fun now! Are you kidding me?? That was some of my favorite music in the park. It made the experience of International Street "magical". The Top Gun Anthem being played during the fireworks, and throwing a penny in the fountain at the end of the night were traditions for me as a kid... and now they don't even play that kind of music any more, and it makes me mad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure KI is reading at least some of this, and since I can't say it on Facebook, I'll say it here:

Thank you to whoever is at KI and is taking the time to do this everyday! I think it is cool you are taking time out of your day, including Saturday and Sunday, to answer these questions, even if we don't like some of the question and/or answers! Thank you!

Painting the picture in Planet Snoopy

PlanetSnoopyConstr_030110+060.jpg

Workmen were busy Monday painting the track of one of the four roller coasters in the all-new Planet Snoopy area at Kings Island.

Click on the link below to see more of the work being done in Planet Snoopy.

http://www.facebook....893938367&saved

http://kingsislandin...r.blogspot.com/

I'm sure KI is reading at least some of this, and since I can't say it on Facebook, I'll say it here:

Thank you to whoever is at KI and is taking the time to do this everyday! I think it is cool you are taking time out of your day, including Saturday and Sunday, to answer these questions, even if we don't like some of the question and/or answers! Thank you!

Agreed. It is very cool that they are doing this, even of some of the answers are not what we want to hear. Please keep this up Kings Island!

Here are the 5 questions and answers from today. I'm so glad that they answered my very first question that I asked but I did it for everybody here at KIC because the topic of a nice sit down restaurant has been talked about on here many times over the past couple of years.

Another round of outstanding questions for today. For the rest of this week how about we do this? Questions will be answered by a respresentative from a different department, so you'll want to gear your questions towards their area. First up will be Matt Shafer, director of marketing. This is your chance to ask about the website, special events, season passes, marketing slogans and more. Start thinking of your questions for tomorrow and I'll tell Matt what we're doing.

Q: PAUL BONIFIELD - What will happen to Scooby Bucks?

A: There's a new sheriff in town, Snoopy. In his honor, Beagle Bucks will be available at the park.

---------------------------

Q: BRAD PERDUE - Let's say it is a really nice day out in the offseason. Do the year-round employees ever fire up a ride and take turns giving rides?

A: The cars from all the rides are dismantled during the offseason, and track work and painting gets done so there's no opportunity to do that. Plus, the only way anyone in the park can operate a ride is if they're certified to work that particular ride. They'd have to go through the same training our rides associates do. We do get to ride some of the rides in the spring after they have been inspected and certified by the State of Ohio, usually a week or so before Opening Day. April 17 this year, BTW.

Q: DEREK BRANOCK - Does Kings Island have any plans to put in a nice, sit-down restaurant (other than Rivertown Junction) where the park guests can just sit down comfortably and order a nice hot meal, such as a Johnny Rockets at Cedar Point?

A: Great question, Derek. It's not in the immediate plans but it's possible. It's an idea that's been discussed over the past few years. We know from the in-park surveys we do every day that it's something our guests would like to see.

Q: BRETT FEHR - Who is this answering our questions?

A: That would be me! Tomorrow though it's gonna be marketing director Matt Shafer. He got to drive around in one of them really cool Diamondback snake cars last year.

Q: BRIAN E. LAMM - Will there ever be an area at Kings Island to display the history of Kings Island? Say a small museum in the park, something with old pictures or props, maybe even parts of old rides? Just an idea for older folks to remiinisce about the past to the younger generation.

A: Love the idea, Brian. There's so much history that's been built over the years. Certainly worth a discussion, especially with the 40th anniversary season coming up in a couple of years.

...First up will be Matt Shafer, director of marketing. This is your chance to ask about the website, special events, season passes, marketing slogans and more. Start thinking of your questions for tomorrow and I'll tell Matt what we're doing...

Someone ask how "The Fun and Only" made it as the slogan for KI this year :lol: Also, ask if they could ever do like a fan contest or something of the sort to come up with ride names and slogans (I don't have a Facebook, so I can't). Thanks in advance if you can!

Q: BRETT FEHR - Who is this answering our questions?

A: That would be me! Tomorrow though it's gonna be marketing director Matt Shafer. He got to drive around in one of them really cool Diamondback snake cars last year.

Who is "me"? Don Helbig?

And just so there are no complaints, this entry can be found here.

Me too. I was hoping for a better answer when I asked...I know music licensing cost money, but I think for the effect it would create for a relatively small amount of expenditure it is a no brainer. I must have been spoiled by Disney trip last year.

My question: why would it have to cost anything? Especially for International Street, getting music that is in the public domain would be pretty darn easy...and really cheap. Just a thought.

RD

Q: BRIAN E. LAMM - Will there ever be an area at Kings Island to display the history of Kings Island? Say a small museum in the park, something with old pictures or props, maybe even parts of old rides? Just an idea for older folks to remiinisce about the past to the younger generation.

A: Love the idea, Brian. There's so much history that's been built over the years. Certainly worth a discussion, especially with the 40th anniversary season coming up in a couple of years.

Really wish the sit-and-eat and museum ideas could meet in the middle. It would be sweet to have the International Street restaurant open with old photos on the walls and even a bit of track or old ride cars here and there ala Planet Hollywood, but themed after Kigns Island history. It's big inside there and already in need of a face lift, I could tell it needed a paint job and a little love last fall.

TUESDAY'S THEME: MARKETING. Questions will be answered by a respresentative from a different department each day this week, so you'll want to gear your questions towards their area. First up will be Matt Shafer, director of marketing. This is your chance to ask about the website, special events, season passes, marketing slogans and more.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=337555821948

Quick! Everyone! Flood them with questions about a new Website Redesign and the Exclusive ACE/GOCC/KIC events! You've only 21 hours to do so!

Uh...as listed earlier in this very thread, it wouldn't cost anything more, public domain or not. The current music licensing would cover it.

Terp, who often wonders if many people read much more than the last couple of posts in most threads...

I'm sorry, Terp. Sometimes I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. :(

RD

Uh...as listed earlier in this very thread, it wouldn't cost anything more, public domain or not. The current music licensing would cover it.

Terp, who often wonders if many people read much more than the last couple of posts in most threads...

i was wondering that myself; since i didnt get any response, i went & asked this:

"How's come the park cant make t-shirts/hoodies in 3x-4x, & hats that are fitted instead of the ones that have the hole in the back and are adjustible?"

rotag-showin he reads more than one would think.ph34r.gif

im new to this site i love Kings Island i got some things to added 1 i would love to see defleppard play at Kings Island 2 i would love to see pic of the old rides or video that was at pki 3 im waiting to see what they are going to call the spoangebob square pants 3d ride 4 i would never eat at buba gumps ever again after i found some bugs in my food 2-3 years ago and does anybody know what they are going to call some of the food stand in planted snoopy

To my knowledge, no.

But they did implement it, as I stated earlier, at Worlds of Fun. Go figure.

I really hope that they don't implement the themed area music to play the Miley Cyrus/Jonas Brothers/Kidz Bop soundtrack that they use at CP's PS. Especially since riding DB requires walking through PS...

does anybody know what they are going to call some of the food stand in planted snoopy

There are people who know what they are called. They can't tell you until the park announces them.

Did CF keep the themed music at any of the other ex-Paramount parks?

Kings Dominion's Congo area (easily the best themed area in any of the former Paramount Parks) plays the movie score (not soundtrack, but score) from the first Lara Croft: Tomb Raider movie. At least, it did last summer. Literally just track-by-track. I have the soundtrack on my iPod, and could quickly identify what song was coming up next, and hummed along to much of it. Of course, their Crypt also retains the music from its Tomb Raider: Firefall days, as well as its monkey-warrior statue movie props. And the Tomb Raider music really adds and incredible dimension to the park, too. I had almost forgotten how great themed music could be.

Rebranding in Virginia was not of paramount importance the way that it was in Ohio.

Very similar music to what Paramount played, with less emphasis on movie themes and more on things like Moon River! :)

Rivertown had country music...

Stupid question: does KI still have all the old audio tracks somewhere? For instance, my beloved train soundtrack with the geezer talking about "No eatin', drinkin', smokin' on this here train"?

RD

I hope the Kings Island management grasps how much the music affects the perception of the park experience. I wrote a polite e-mail to KI stating how much I disliked a lot of the music they were playing last summer. I hope lots of other people that feel the same way do the same.

Very similar music to what Paramount played, with less emphasis on movie themes and more on things like Moon River! :)

Rivertown had country music...

Stupid question: does KI still have all the old audio tracks somewhere? For instance, my beloved train soundtrack with the geezer talking about "No eatin', drinkin', smokin' on this here train"?

RD

This would be a very good question to address to the park for its Facebook series...