• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Department Representative: Tony Carovillano

Position: Manager, Park Operations

KI Start Date: May, 1985

Favorite Ride: Vortex

Favorite Park Food: Street Pizza

Family: Married with three kids - Alec, Josh & Katie

Seems the park operations manager is answering tomorrow's... Would he be in charge of theming, as well as park operations?

I'm unsure who I should ask my Adventure Express question...

I actually like the slogan now. I didn't love it when we first saw it a while ago, but now that I hear it, I actually like it a lot. It [the jingle posted on youtube] sounds kind of 80s-ish. It does make me picture sunny summer days, and the rides of Kings Island.

Guest TombraiderTy

Regarding some new Planet Snoopy details being released on the official website, Snoopy's Snack Shack sounds and looks exactly like the current "Snack Shack" in Nickelodeon Universe, which led me to overlay the concept image with a picture of the former building...

indeedo.jpg

Personally, I think it looks much nicer as Snoopy-themed- I especially like the surf-boarding Snoopy on top.

That does look pretty nice! I have to admit. I didn't like the thought of PEANUTS invading Kings Island, at first. However, I always have liked Snoopy and Woodstock, but the other human characters were pretty boring. So now to my point. Now that I am starting to see that Planet Snoopy will be themed mostly toward snoopy and Woodstock, I am actually really starting to like this retheme! :blink: For some reason the Snowcone sign on the website kind of won me over. How can you look at that and not smile a little bit? and think that kids won't enjoy Snoopy and Woodstock?

Tell me why it wouldn't work just as well for a fast food restaurant, a car wash or even a bar.

That being the case...I guess it beats Come and Smell The Funnel Cakes.

I don't think "Kings Island: The Fun and Only" would work very well for any other business, unless that business included Kings Island in the name :P;)

Q: BRIAN E. LAMM - Will there ever be an area at Kings Island to display the history of Kings Island? Say a small museum in the park, something with old pictures or props, maybe even parts of old rides? Just an idea for older folks to remiinisce about the past to the younger generation.

A: Love the idea, Brian. There's so much history that's been built over the years. Certainly worth a discussion, especially with the 40th anniversary season coming up in a couple of years.

okay, brian e. lamm asked the same exact question i did from the day before, and i also managed to post it right after him for today's 5@5, i guess my question now is, brian e. lamm, are you a member on here?

Yes I am a member on here. And no I did not see any post you made about this subject.

You mean like that Canadian internet services provider with the pesky URL?

http://www.kingsisland.com ?

^ Exactly! I have a feeling they wouldn't be using the park's new slogan any time soon though.

Some of the park's old slogans could have just as easily been placed with other businesses and still worked just the same. "America's Family Entertainment Center" could have been placed on any Amusement Park, or place for families to be entertained. "Let Yourself Go" could be placed on any buffet restaurant :lol:

You think? They seem to enjoy using the URL...

Terpy, just sayin'

Anything can happen I suppose. Just bringing up some points that this isn't the first KI slogan that could be used anywhere else

Or Depends.

LOL! That was hilarious

As far as "The Fun and Only", I definitely like it better than "Where Else?" I would much rather have seen an evolution of "Where else?" into "Kings Island: Where you can." I think it would have made a nice campaign, I'm picturing ads with the "Where you Can" graphic on the screen over video, then as the scene changes, different words would appear after the "....can". For example, close up of riders on Firehawk "Where you can fly", video of a family walking through Planet Snoopy "Where you can reconnect", video of kids in Boomerang Bay "Where you can refresh", video of adults with the Peanuts characters "Where you can act your age", etc...

I like the new jingle, and I like the new tag line... I just think that from a marketing perspective you can build in a good amount of potential to a slogan. I don't see bucketloads of potential built into "The Fun and Only."

I'm so glad they're making a "thing" out of Planet Snoopy. The other parks had their ride names released on any ole' day, no hooplah, maybe the map came out and people just went 'Oh, there's Planet Snoopy...' But with ours, they're really making a production of it, first releasing restaurants, etc. It's very cool. Nice job, Cedar Fair! I'm liking this.

I have to say that I am thrilled that they have let us know that a new website is finally coming. The old Paramount style sites are very out-dated and provide very little information with horrible navigation. Hopefully a new site will also encourage the park to use it for getting information out there faster then we are used to now. I will give them credit that they are getting better by using Facebook & Twitter to give regular updates about the happenings around the park.

Just to see which and/or both answer you give us smile.gif.

Also, Gibson, please don't tell me you've never said, "No offense, but..." and said something that someone could/should take offense to.

OK, I won'tsmile.gif but I don't really remember. But you must admit it's funny to say no offense and then hurl an insult. Jackson said something funny, I liked it, laughed and commented. Like Standbyme's comment on the Depends, for which you definitely get quote of the day! Besides, if I tought Jackson would take any offense to it I would have sent him a PM.

Back on topic, The Fun and Only just doesn't do it for me. I can see why people would like it and I hope it works out for the park but, it just seems like a cheap, predictable pun with no releveance to an amusement park. Besides, CF is going down the route of amusement/thrill parks that are a branded experience (like the other financially crippled amusement entity). If they want all their parks to have a similar feel, why promote a slogan pushing individuality. It just seems ad hoc. I think marketing was after something like ride on (which I like) but it just falls short for me.

I like everything they've shown us for Planet Snoopy though. I'll show the bits we've got to my little one to see what she thinks of it. I'm guessing a big hit.