Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread

bkroz

I'm sure that is what it means, but why phrase it like that? Why not just say "Yes, we are considering options for the waterpark, for future seasons."?

Because he didn't think that we were going to pick apart his every word?

If whoever if answering these questions happens to make his(?) way to this website, they'll surely be baffled and, to say the least, surprised that many people hang on every last word. "It's on the map" clearly doesn't mean no, but a lot of us have to go back and forth for 45 minutes on whether or not it means "yes." Ah, the off-season!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or, it might not amount to a hill of beans. That is the day of the special meeting in Sandusky, Ohio, at which the results of the unitholder vote on the proposed Apollo merger will be announced. It needs a 2/3 vote to pass, with each unit having one vote. Put a more realistic way, 1/3 of the units plus one voting no or not voting and it fails...and then things could really get interesting....

Or, it might not amount to a hill of beans. That is the day of the special meeting in Sandusky, Ohio, at which the results of the unitholder vote on the proposed Apollo merger will be announced. It needs a 2/3 vote to pass, with each unit having one vote. Put a more realistic way, 1/3 of the units plus one voting no or not voting and it fails...and then things could really get interesting....

AHHHHHH yes. that will be a big day

Q: Tony Douglass - I know this may be a dumb and repetitive question, but Is there any chance that the possibility of Phantom Theater may return in some way shape or form?

A: Tony, there are no dumb questions. Phantom Theater won't be returning to the park. There will be a new dark ride experience for our guests this season. We're excited about it.

link

This makes me excited! But at the same time I'm thinking in my head... "Its Cedar Fair".

By a new dark ride experience, they mean the ride formally known as SDATHC, and they said it will still feature the guns. It will not be Peanuts themed, and the fact that they refered to it as a "Dark Ride Experience" means it's gotta be something special.

041710!

I'd be shocked and amazed if Facebook fans were among the first to know of the results of 031610...

Your constant reminders of 031610 remind me of all the Mayan 12/21/2012 stuff!!!!

Maybe the same result for Cedar Fair, and the world, just at different times?

:lol:

As was said, let us not forget that The Crypt is touted on the website as a "struggle against the fury of nature’s polar opposites" and a multi-sensory, immersive dark ride / adventure. In reality, it's just dark. A new "dark ride experience" may well end up being a heck of a lot worse than its previous incarnation. Or, (to get Terpy-ish about it) not.

While I do not know what dark ride we're getting and I hope and pray I'm proven wrong, all other Cedar Fair parks that had interactive Scooby Doo dark rides are being replaced with "Boo Blasters on Boo HIll." If Cedar Fair had ever given the impression that they viewed our (admittedly, bigger & better) kid's area as bigger or better, I would be more apt to say we might get something other than BBOBH. Again, though, I would love to be proven wrong, and might be.

If Son of Beast is still standing, it need to be onthe map. It could really throw people off. They will wonder what that big wooden thing is and why it is not on the map.

That same issue was at BGW years ago when Drachen Fire was SBNO for almost 4 seasons (closed in July 1998 and removed by March 2002). The park decided to not have the ride on the map for the ride's first full SBNO status in 1999.

I also don't know what would be the lesser of two evils: is it better to have a ride on the map that is SBNO which gives a sense to guests that it could potentially could operate, or keep it off the map resulting in a clear decision that the ride will not operate.

They could have just the predrop area showing on the map, have it translucent, and have a note underneath that says "Son of Beast will not operate for the 2010 season." It still could be used as a point of reference for guests, but it would be obvious that it isn't operating.

And how do you know that they are not?

IIRC, we were told that we were not receiving new attractions as part of our retheme when it was announced.

Just because we aren't getting a brand new physical ride, doesn't mean we won't be getting a new "experience". When Phantom Theater was removed and Scooby Doo was put in it's place, Scooby Doo was counted as a new ride. Sure it's the same physical ride, but a brand new experience, that was marketed as a new ride.

On a side note, is every ride in Planet Snoopy going to be blue? haha :Phttp://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5085790&id=155893938367#!/photo.php?pid=5085791&id=155893938367&fbid=396107438367