Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread

bkroz

Sorry if I'm being the "naysayer" here but this is ridiculous. No matter what they answer it's never good enough for some people. It seems like we should be grateful that they're even taking the time out of their days to do this every week. But maybe that's just me.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's Thursday's 5@5!

Q: Larken Parr - Ok, during the 2008 season when Diamondback was a secret, people thought that Diamondback was going to be a Dive Machine because of the splashdown pool. My question is, was the splashdown there to really make this a unique hyper coaster or was it originally there to prevent people from thinking it was going to be a hyper coaster?

A: Larken, the splashdown was incorporated into Diamondback to add uniqueness to the ride. It also provides a great visual for our guests.

---------------------------

Q: Brett Fehr - Any hints on what this new ride in place of Scooby will be?

A: No. :)

Q: Chris Regan - is there any reason that the gold pass parkign lot is further away than the preferred parking?

A: The gold pass parking area has more spaces than the preferred lot has, which is necessary to have due to the number of gold pass visitors we have on a given day.

Q: Bruce E. Knolle Jr - What kind of maintenance do teh flat rides like my favorite, the Monster, go through during the winter?

A: Bruce, the flat rides go through the same process as the roller coasters. The cars get stipped down and rebuilt on rides like the Monster the same as they do on the coasters. It's ironic that you mention the Monster, as workmen have been working on that ride this week. We'll try and get some photos of the ride for you.

----------------------------

Q: Kyle Joyce - Are there any plans to re-open the International Restaurant on I-Street?

A: Kyle, the International Restaurant is open during the season for Breakfast wtih the Characters and Birthday Parties, and in the fall it has been used for the Fright Feast meal during Halloween Haunt.

Q: Kyle Joyce - Are there any plans to re-open the International Restaurant on I-Street?

A: Kyle, the International Restaurant is open during the season for Breakfast wtih the Characters and Birthday Parties, and in the fall it has been used for the Fright Feast meal during Halloween Haunt.

Has anyone tried out that character breakfast? We've done character meals at Disney so I'm afraid the bar has been set kind of high for this kind of experience. Is it worth it?

Has anyone tried out that character breakfast? We've done character meals at Disney so I'm afraid the bar has been set kind of high for this kind of experience. Is it worth it?

A Disney breakfast with the characters this is not...unless it changed drastically last year. My family and I did it the previous year...and once was enough...unfortunately. First off, the characters do not come to your table...you go to them in a designated area. My family went when it was fairly new...so maybe it has improved...but when we went the food left a lot to be desired...all of it was pretty much cold.

The one thing that is always a positive is the view...it is always great to look out at the fountain from that vantage point. smile.gif

If you are a Gold Pass Season Pass holder the park does offer a discount this year...so I guess as long as you set that bar of yours pretty low you might find it worth the money.

Best. Answer. EVER.

Makes you wonder if they're going to wait until the day before the park opens to announce Scooby's replacement is, even if it's only Boo Blasters on Boo Hill or something of that nature.

Best. Answer. EVER.

Makes you wonder if they're going to wait until the day before the park opens to announce Scooby's replacement is, even if it's only Boo Blasters on Boo Hill or something of that nature.

Mebbe I'm just being cynical., but with the hype they put on really fantastic new rides, it sounds like keeping this one under wraps means it's not that great. :unsure:

Below are the questions selected for Friday's 5@5 mailbag:

Q: Austin Benton - Will there still be character breakfast this year? and any hints as to when we get to enjoy the amazing new website?

A: Yes, there will be a character breakfast this year with the PEANUTS Gang in the International Restaurant located at the front gate. It's a great way for families to start their day at the park. As for the website, it's going to take some time to build it.

Q: Kyle Erbskorn - Is there any truth to the rumor about The Vortex sinking?

A: Next question.

Q: David McPeak - Who makes the decision on what type of attractions or live shows Kings Island gets? Is it Cedar Fair or is it a team at Kings Island?

A: It's a combination of both Cedar Fair and the management team at the park. Most of our live shows the past two years have been written in house, including three of the shows you'll see this season: Down Home Country, Way Too Much TV and Don't Stop the Music.

Q: Aaron Richmann - Question 1: In Planet Snoopy, how longs does it usually take to transform a ride from one theme to another? Question 2: How do you choose a theme for new rides in the park?

A: Good questions, Aaron. In Planet Snoopy, it's going to be about a six month project to give the area a fresh new look with a timeless classic. This includes having the new ride signs made and the painting of the rides, ride stations and buildings. It takes several weeks to paint some of the rides such as Woodstock Express. Others may only take 2-3 days to paint. As for choosing a theme for new rides in the park, a lot of it has to do with what kind of ride it is and where in the park it might be located.

----------------------------

Q: Rain Blanken - Any tips on how to get kids excited about the new Planet Snoopy area? My kids and I are looking forward to it, but it is unrealistic to assume that all kids will be delighted with the switch.

Kids these days aren't as familiar with Snoopy as they are Sponge Bob. Parents may be well advised to help get the kids excited about the new area to avoid any disappointment when the kids arrive and see that the Nick Universe has been replaced. Besides watching the PEANUTS specials, what are some ways you can suggest to get the kids excited for Snoopy?

A: You know, Rain, it's interesting. You hear some people claim that kids today don't know who Snoopy is but then when you take him out for an appearance, not only do kids know who Snoopy is, they also know who his friends are (Charlie Brown, Linus, Lucy, Woodstock). Many of the kids Snoopy meets also seem to be aware and excited about the all-new Planet Snoopy kids' area at the park. Sure, there may be some kids that don't know who Snoopy is but most of them do based on what we've seen the past couple weeks when Snoopy has been out in the community. As for tips on how to get kids excited about Planet Snoopy, a ride on Woodstock Express, Flying Ace Aerial Chase, the Great Pumpkin Coaster, Surf Dog, Linus' Beatle Bugs, Sally's Sea Plane, Linus' Launcher, Charlie Brown's Wind-Up, PEANUTS 500, Snoopy vs. Red Baron, PEANUTS Off-Road Rally, Joe Cool's Dodgem School, Woodstock's Whirlybirds, Snoopy's Junction and Race for Your Life Charlie Brown should do the trick.

Roller coasters are specifically designed not to sink. Vortex isn't sinking.....

Sure they are, now.

Back when Vortex was built, they didn't have No Limits coaster sims.

This ride was designed with a pencil and slide rule. Modeled with toothpicks and gum

You'd be shocked to see the cutting edge of technology way back in the ancient times of 1986!

Yes, this entire post was made with tongue in cheek.

A: You know, Rain, it's interesting. You hear some people claim that kids today don't know who Snoopy is but then when you take him out for an appearance, not only do kids know who Snoopy is, they also know who his friends are (Charlie Brown, Linus, Lucy, Woodstock). Many of the kids Snoopy meets also seem to be aware and excited about the all-new Planet Snoopy kids' area at the park. Sure, there may be some kids that don't know who Snoopy is but most of them do based on what we've seen the past couple weeks when Snoopy has been out in the community.

Wow, he seems kind of bitter.

Q: Rain Blanken - Any tips on how to get kids excited about the new Planet Snoopy area? My kids and I are looking forward to it, but it is unrealistic to assume that all kids will be delighted with the switch.

Kids these days aren't as familiar with Snoopy as they are Sponge Bob. Parents may be well advised to help get the kids excited about the new area to avoid any disappointment when the kids arrive and see that the Nick Universe has been replaced. Besides watching the PEANUTS specials, what are some ways you can suggest to get the kids excited for Snoopy?

A: You know, Rain, it's interesting. You hear some people claim that kids today don't know who Snoopy is but then when you take him out for an appearance, not only do kids know who Snoopy is, they also know who his friends are (Charlie Brown, Linus, Lucy, Woodstock). Many of the kids Snoopy meets also seem to be aware and excited about the all-new Planet Snoopy kids' area at the park. Sure, there may be some kids that don't know who Snoopy is but most of them do based on what we've seen the past couple weeks when Snoopy has been out in the community. As for tips on how to get kids excited about Planet Snoopy, a ride on Woodstock Express, Flying Ace Aerial Chase, the Great Pumpkin Coaster, Surf Dog, Linus' Beatle Bugs, Sally's Sea Plane, Linus' Launcher, Charlie Brown's Wind-Up, PEANUTS 500, Snoopy vs. Red Baron, PEANUTS Off-Road Rally, Joe Cool's Dodgem School, Woodstock's Whirlybirds, Snoopy's Junction and Race for Your Life Charlie Brown should do the trick.

Poop. I'll make up my own tips and clearly not bring up this question at the media event. Like it or not, a good portion of school-aged kids will be crestfallen. Kids love Snoopy, sure, but the issue is switching from Sponge Bob. If Snoopy moved into a theme-less kids area, it would be a non-issue. I guess the answer here was that kids won't like it until they've ridden the rides and gotten reprogrammed? Instead of pretending the situation doesn't exist, they could at least have said 'Snoopy stuff is 10% off at our online store! Buy them a stuffed Snoopy!' Bleh. :P