Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread

bkroz

...Tanner Burns - Are there any plans this year or in the future to improve or do something with the old Paramount Story area?? It is a good place to go relax but its empty, the water falls are never working, and beginning to fall apart.

The Tower Gardens is a great place to relax. Our smoking guests will find this to be a restful and relaxing new smoking area this season....

SIGH.

Terpy, who would say more but has been negative enough today...

I agree Terp.

Oh joy, I can't wait to walk past the Eiffel Tower, having to smell the stench of cigarette smoke!dry.gif (no offense to anyone)

Still though, first we find out about the BLSC trains possibly having the same plastic, undetailed look that KD's have gotten, now we learn that one of the areas of the park that could be a nice little area with some work done to it, will simply just be turned into a giant smoking booth.

Today is not the greatest of days when it comes to news

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see some new pics of the park!!!! Also I agree with Don/Matt(Those two answer the questions, according to past 5@5) that we should spend more on big steal rides and other things than stickers!!

Except they weren't spending any money on headlight and grill stickers. They were already there, and removed for absolutely no good reason.

Deny it all you want, but current management is stripping away all of the character that made Kings Island what it was. And the more you kiss up, the more this trend will continue...

Or, one could simply refrain from commenting on a certain subject when one knows that policy comes into play... as opposed to feeding the powers that be the "kool aid" and furthering their self-indulgent thoughts that they can do no wrong. Its thinking like that which has sparked many big Qs about the operation and ownersip of the company, as you have said numerous times yourself :)

Guest IceCream329

When you work there, you'd best not be posting negative things (or inside information). Just remember that is a factor. It's amazing how defensive one can be when one must be.

Who are you talking about???

The smoking area will more thank likely be deep into Tower Gardens, far away from the main paths, one would imagine. No one really goes into there anyways.

Yep, I kind of agree. as much as I'd like a little KI history area there (old ride cars and stuff!) I often go with my sisters who are a bunch of smokers. It would be nice to hang out among some pretty foliage and shading trees while they get their fix instead of standing in the sun outside Festhaus or next to a smelly restroom! Oh, silver linings.

When you work there, you'd best not be posting negative things (or inside information). Just remember that is a factor. It's amazing how defensive one can be when one must be.

I believe he's talking about the person who answers the 5@5 questions - if they were unhappy about Snoopy, or Backlot, or The Crypt, they certainly couldn't say it. They'd be required (whether its directly stated or not) to back up the park's decisions and to always try to market any change as a good change. In other words, he or she may hate the fact that Nickelodeon is leaving, but it's the point of their job to talk it up, be excited about it, and defend it. If they answered in the 5@5 "Yeah, I'm not too happy about Snoopy coming either... But maybe it'll grow on people?" they would most certainly find themselves at odds with the higher ups, and possibly out of a job.

I believe he's talking about the person who answers the 5@5 questions - if they were unhappy about Snoopy, or Backlot, or The Crypt, they certainly couldn't say it. They'd be required (whether its directly stated or not) to back up the park's decisions and to always try to market any change as a good change. In other words, he or she may hate the fact that Nickelodeon is leaving, but it's the point of their job to talk it up, be excited about it, and defend it. If they answered in the 5@5 "Yeah, I'm not too happy about Snoopy coming either... But maybe it'll grow on people?" they would most certainly find themselves at odds with the higher ups, and possibly out of a job.

That too, though I would add "If the shoe fits..."

Terpy, who says context is everything...

Apparently people are having their pets ask questions now (yes, people do make Facebook accounts for their pets)...

Lucas Cooper Krosnick As you can see, I am a dog. What kinds of facilities do you have for me at Kings Island when I visit with my family? Are they clean and friendly? Does someone take me to do my business... And... where? Also, can I ride The Crypt? I hear a lot about it in my family, and I'd like to experience it sometime! (Just kidding about that last question...)

Seriously... You can't ask that yourself?

Guest IceCream329

Tower Gardens....seems like we have a new name for a new section of the park....old..becomes new.....oh new landscaping....oh can't wait!!! Tower Gardens I like it

Apparently people are having their pets ask questions now (yes, people do make Facebook accounts for their pets)...

Lucas Cooper Krosnick As you can see, I am a dog. What kinds of facilities do you have for me at Kings Island when I visit with my family? Are they clean and friendly? Does someone take me to do my business... And... where? Also, can I ride The Crypt? I hear a lot about it in my family, and I'd like to experience it sometime! (Just kidding about that last question...)

Seriously... You can't ask that yourself?

FIRST of all, that's MY dog, thank you very much! :angry: It wasn't easy to train him to use Facebook, and all he gets is backlash! Good grief!

Tower Gardens....seems like we have a new name for a new section of the park....old..becomes new.....oh new landscaping....oh can't wait!!! Tower Gardens I like it

All things old are new again: Tower Gardens was the name of that area before it was renamed The Paramount Story.

Don't be silly, Terp - the park is back to the way it was back before Paramount! That's what we've been hearing since 2007, after all.

You think it would be just as easy to rename Fairly Odd Coaster to "The Beastie" as it would be to name it "Woodstock Express?" Balderdash!

And unifying the parks where it's cheap (Snoopy, logos, menus, ride names) certainly doesn't bode well for the former Paramount Parks instead utilizing the beloved Scooby Doo, whose license certainly could be renewed for decades without outrageous cost.

These things aren't just so cut and dry! Sure it would honor the parks heritage and actually take a step in the much-touted "pre-Paramount" direction, but who cares about things like that?! Not everyday visitors... ... right?

FIRST of all, that's MY dog, thank you very much! :angry: It wasn't easy to train him to use Facebook, and all he gets is backlash! Good grief

Have you trained him to use his doghouse as a makeshift WWI airplane yet?

And about the Tower Gardens being used as a smoking area (or at least part of it, I would dearly hope)...

...explain to me why they thought that, instead of sprucing up that area of the park by adding flowers and foliage, and turning the waterfalls back on (you know, making the Tower Gardens an actual GARDEN), or even stringing up lights to do the Starlight Experience that was rumored since the end of last year, they decided the best way to get people to go through the Gardens is to put a smoking area in it? Which makes the average non-smoker stay away from that area indefinitely?

Maybe Paramount/Viacom licensed the use of the waterfalls and Cedar Fair didn't want to renew the license.

Guest IceCream329

Smoking areas are not bad....lets make the whole area smoking area except the que lines......and kiddie land!!! People have the right to smoke...and we are outside!!

Guest IceCream329

I am sorry but smoking is not a right.

Thats your opinion...but don't expect that the whole world follow it!!! If you don't like it stay away..you can't just ban other people from doing it, they enjoy it, you don't...Thats how it is!dry.gif

Also my mother has smoked since she was 15..now 55....the doctors looked at her lungs, clear as crystal!!!tongue.gif

Guest IceCream329

I don't smoke at all. But banning it is so stupid.....already have done it in bars, WHY. they say its for the kids and those who don't smoke. Well guess what its a bar, you smoke, you drink, you do it...ITS a bar people......sorry off topic but really if ya don't like it, stay away....that simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!mad.gif

I don't know how correct this is, as the school anti smoking programs tend to exaggerate. Apparently, second hand smoke is more harmful than first hand... I don't think its fair how much the actions of few can greatly effect the health of others.

And not to be a stick in the mud, but your grandmother mother is extremely lucky in being devoid of smoking- caused health problems, after smoking for such a long time.

Ok, I'm done beating this dead horse... smile.gif