Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread

bkroz

The Haunted Castle will not be Penunts Themed it will be somthing elese.

I really hope that they attempt to do some of their own theming work instead of just removing the Scooby stuff. The last scene will need some serious work, or they could just cover it up. (hoping for the first option!)

Edit: What just happened?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one wouldn`t mind it if The Beast one day got Timberliner trains. It could provide for a smoother ride experience with improved capacity. Although, the current limiting factor on capacity is the way the blocks are currently set up, since the crew often has to wait to dispatch the train in the station until the other train clears lift one (which it is waiting on train two to clear lift two). I just hope that they will do an upgrade to The Beast to allow it to run two trains in the rain this year, like Diamondback was able to do last year. Beast with one train operation is brutal, considering the ride time is nearly five minutes!

While they're neat effects, they're not necessary for the ride. It's added cost for something that's not worth buying. The average rider isn't going to care whether or not there is fog in the line or "mist" in the AE tunnels. At least that's my opinion.

That's the point of a themed ride though. Sure theming isn't necessary for a ride at all, but it certainly adds to the experience, look at The Crypt for an example...Excellent when it had good theming. Terrible in it's current form with no theming

I don't have a facebook, but have some good questions... Could someone ask one or more of the following?

1. Is it likely that some of the original props and special effects on Adventure Express will be restored in the coming years?

2. What is the official name for Kings Island's Arrow Megalooper, The Vortex, or Vortex?

3. Is Sally Corp taking part in the rebranding of Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle?

I would ask one of your questions, but I already asked mine for today. I would suggest you just make a Facebook, even if it was for just keeping up with Kings Island. You could ask questions yourself, you get great information directly from the park, and you will be one of the first to know information about Planet Snoopy if you are a fan of Kings Island's facebook.

Q: ZACH CLAPPER - Will there still be fireworks this year or will the new night show replace them?

A: Since 1972, fireworks have been a way for visitors to Kings Island to cap off a day of fun and thrills. This year will be no exception with fireworks scheduled to take place on the nights the park closes at 10pm. Where in the park is your favorite place to watch the fireworks?

---------------------------

Q: ALEX METZ - Are there any plans to add trim breaks to any of the rides this year?

A: Before there were trim breaks on rides such as The Beast, there were skid breaks. They've always been there, and in the same spots along the track but just in a different form. There's no plans to add anything more to what's always been there.

Q: BRIAN KROSNICK - Do you ever poll people / families as they leave or throughout the day about their experiences to improve things?

A: Yes, Brian, we do. There are several different categories of surveys that we conduct every day in the park, including those pertaining to guest experience.

Q: BRANDON SERSION - There are some rumors that Kings Island's park maps are getting redesigned to more of the Cedar Point style. Is that true? If so, how much longer will the current style map be in use?

A: The map won't be redesigned for 2010, but we're looking at ways to make the map more user friendly for our guests with the way rides, attractions, restaurants and the shops are listed and marked.

Q: AARON MARTIN - Will there be different themed music playing in the different themed sections of the park? For example, Peanuts music in Planet Snoopy, Prisian music on International Street, German music in Oktoberfest, etc.?

A: The music you hear being played in the park will be similiar to what you've heard in recent years with a mix of chart topping and well-known songs being played throughout the day.

Seems to me there are taking the more obvious questions and not answering some better ones.

A: The map won't be redesigned for 2010, but we're looking at ways to make the map more user friendly for our guests with the way rides, attractions, restaurants and the shops are listed and marked.

yay

Q: AARON MARTIN - Will there be different themed music playing in the different themed sections of the park? For example, Peanuts music in Planet Snoopy, Prisian music on International Street, German music in Oktoberfest, etc.?

A: The music you hear being played in the park will be similiar to what you've heard in recent years with a mix of chart topping and well-known songs being played throughout the day.

mad.gif This makes me kind of upset, more than so when it comes to International Street. Coney Mall and AZ yes, but the whole park,

nooooo.

#2 seems kind of a stupid question, wouldn't you think? The sign does say Vortex, right? Not "The Vortex"

Sorry if I sounded kind of like a snob or anything :P

while you would think that, take a look @ your park map, you will be pleasently suprised that while the sign out front says Vortex, the map actually states "The Vortex".cool.gif

EDIT:i do have a question now but dont know where to ask it. it is "How's come the park cant make t-shirts/hoodies in 3x-4x, & hats that are fitted instead of the cruddy ones that have the hole in the back and are adjustible?"

mad.gif This makes me kind of upset, more than so when it comes to International Street. Coney Mall and AZ yes, but the whole park,

nooooo.

Me too. I was hoping for a better answer when I asked...I know music licensing cost money, but I think for the effect it would create for a relatively small amount of expenditure it is a no brainer. I must have been spoiled by Disney trip last year.

Uh...music licensing costs the same regardless of what music is played...It's the size of the venue and the source of the product that determines costs, not the type of music.

Put another way, Cedar Fair is not saving money by playing the particular music that it currently is at Kings Island...

I was thinking that perhaps it would cost more to have more than one style of music simply because there would be more music to pay for. Either way it would be a step in the right direction in my opinion.

Uh...music licensing costs the same regardless of what music is played...It's the size of the venue and the source of the product that determines costs, not the type of music.

Put another way, Cedar Fair is not saving money by playing the particular music that it currently is at Kings Island...

Terpy is right, I work for a radio station. We work a little different since we are a non commercial station, but we pay a yearly fee to play music. What music we choose to purchase and play is up to us.

Terpy is right, I work for a radio station. We work a little different since we are a non commercial station, but we pay a yearly fee to play music. What music we choose to purchase and play is up to us.

If it is not an issue of cost, then it is purely bad taste. Cedar Fair may not want to run "theme parks" but Kings Island was built as one. It will never by anything even remotely close to Disney, but why not at least use what you have?

Especially when you consider that a subset of the former Paramount Parks gate music (played at the gate at Kings Island, Kings Dominion, etc.) is now played at Worlds of Fun...with very bad speakers. Hearing the theme from Top Gun, etc., there is very odd.

It's almost as if they believe in change for change's sake. They changed it because they could. Sigh.

Has anyone seen this picture, I do believe this is part of the WTRA, tell me if I'm wrong

http://www.facebook....id=371371743367

Most definitely is, I've stared at that thing for hours on end from the drivebox for the past 4 years. Luckily this year I won't have to.

Really, I'd rather them scrap all the kiddie area stuff on that ride and make it a fully rivertown ride again.