Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread

bkroz

Q: BRIAN E. LAMM - Will there ever be an area at Kings Island to display the history of Kings Island? Say a small museum in the park, something with old pictures or props, maybe even parts of old rides? Just an idea for older folks to remiinisce about the past to the younger generation.

A: Love the idea, Brian. There's so much history that's been built over the years. Certainly worth a discussion, especially with the 40th anniversary season coming up in a couple of years.

okay, brian e. lamm asked the same exact question i did from the day before, and i also managed to post it right after him for today's 5@5, i guess my question now is, brian e. lamm, are you a member on here?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Interpreter, according to this website: My linkhttp://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:zr3l0q_7HYAJ:www-personal.umich.edu/~bcash/music.html+musicla+theme+to+breakfast+at+tiffanys&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a, "Moon River" was in fact the theme song to Breakfast at Tiffany`s.

I just had to. Its not every day that you get to point out a big blue ride at Cedar Point wasn`t actually made by B&M! ;)

There you go. I knew I read it somewhere. I search KI`s site, and did not see any pass holder perks listed out yet. Yet another reason why their website needs updating. But its safe to say that corporate management is distracted at the present time.

There you go. I knew I read it somewhere. I search KI`s site, and did not see any pass holder perks listed out yet. Yet another reason why their website needs updating. But its safe to say that corporate management is distracted at the present time.

This sounds terrible, but to get the latest news from the site, my best bet is to always go to the Media Center section of the site. I use it for work, but also when I just want to know what's going on with the park. They may be slow to update the sections for the regular site visitor, but you can bet that they keep the media updated!

Press release page:

http://www.visitking...fm?item_id=1010

Edit:

the GWL info is actually on the 'E-Newsletter Articles' section of the media center: http://www.visitkingsisland.com/news/list.cfm?mc_id=113

Nick Honea – Will Kings Island's website be getting a redesign soon like Carowinds' website did recently?

A: YES! We are working on it right now actually and have been for some time. We are still in the design stage and I'd love to have your help. I will start a topic in the discussions box (below on this page). Throw out your ideas and we'll incorporate as much as we can - keeping in mind that we're going with a similar structure as Cedar Point, Knott's, Worlds of Fun, and Carowinds.

---------------------------

Zach Clapper – How much thought and work goes into marketing and advertising a ride like DB?

A: Zach, we put a ton of time and energy into promoting Diamondback. It's not every day that you get a ride like this so we didn't want to leave any stone unturned. We tried very hard to build the buzz and keep Diamondback top of mind all year long. We had a lot of fun doing it and are very proud of the results. It's not a one-year deal though. We are spending lots of time now thinking of ways to keep DB out there. The best part though is the fact that the ride totally delivers.

Derek Branock – How much work goes in the planning of a major special event…and what exactly goes on during the planning?

A: These large events can be the most stressful but most rewarding things about my job. I will never forget the Knievel event...ever. Stumble upon a crazy idea, convince your boss it's worth the risk and effort, work with every single department in the park on the never-ending details, find all available PR opportunities, and then close your eyes and hope he makes it. Find another idea and repeat!

Brett Fehr – What do you think about a contest, like designing a slogan or picture, that could be hosted via Facebook with prizes?

A: We are working on some ideas now. As you can see, we're putting much more effort into this and we are committed to making this a big part of what we do. We have such a fun product and we need to have more fun with it. I see great FB pages out there for really boring products. We will do better. Again, your ideas are welcome. Really.

Brandon Sersion – Is "The Fun and Only" really becoming Kings Island's new slogan?

A: You will hear and see THE FUN & ONLY in most everything KI puts out this year. Some call it a slogan, some say it's the way we sign our name. I can't think of one piece of creative that I've seen in my 13 years of doing this that I loved the first time I saw it. Where Else grew on me. Do me a favor, please. Take an open mind with you to our YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/kingsislandonline). I will post a :30 soundtrack that you'll hear in some of our advertising. Picture this with lots of great park video. Listen to it a few times. It just may grow on you.

T?he website will be coming in the future. But, since it said: "YES! We are working on it right now actually and have been for some time. We are still in the design stage and I'd love to have your help." I took that as it will be a while before it is ready, since they are only in the design stage, and would still want suggestions.

I'm thinking that if KI is still owned by CF, the new website will be a gift for next offseason.