What are you looking forward to the most this year?

This can be any park that you haven't visited,

a park that you have visited,

or it can be something you're looking forward to that has nothing to do with amusement parks!

My post is about parks, and it isn't. It's not so much about the rides for me anymore as it is the people, friends, enthusiasts I've met who have made a difference in my life.

As far as new parks, I am looking forward to Busch Gardens Europe and Hershey Park the most. I have always wanted to go to Busch Gardens long before I became an enthusiast. I've heard nothing but great reviews about BGE, and now that I have the chance to go, I am beyond excited. Tom and I have both decided that Hershey will be a park we will definitely visit together. I love going new places with him.

As far as parks I've been to, I have to say I miss Cedar Point worse than I've missed any other amusement park, even Holiday World. Cedar Point is full of memories for me. I have randomly met people there for the last 2 years that have ended up being some of the best friends I could ask for. It's close enough to home that I don't have to take vacation days, but far enough away for me to get away when I want to. I love driving the 3 hours up there with no notice and surprising my ride op friends at their rides, then getting texts a little while later telling me to come back or that they are on break. My heart almost burst with joy when I learned three of my dearest friends on my beloved Magnum XL-200 from the 2009 crew are coming back for 2010, along with a few others that are returning for the season on other rides. I rarely see these people, and knowing that 2010 will be just as full of amazing memories really has me practically counting the minutes until opening day. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Cedar Point has a magic, an energy I cannot describe.

I can't wait to go back to Kings Island. This will be my 15th year visiting the park. I cannot begin to tell you of the love I have for my home park that is only an hour away. I've been there with so many of my family and friends over the years, from my first ride with my friend Abby on King Cobra to seeing the thrilled look on my dad's face on his first ride on Diamondback.

The friends I have met from CP and KI mean more to me than anything else. Those of you who read my CP closing day PTR (or Tom, he was there with me) know exactly what I mean. I went to say goodbye for the season to my dear friend Scott that day, and when I got to Blue Streak, his friend told me he had gone home. That really made me sad.

These forums and their members have shown me a whole new perspective of Kings Island that I had never seen before, and made me cherish it even more. So many of you have become the friends I've been looking for all of my life, and I wouldn't trade you for anyone or anything. I can't wait to see you all again.

At this exact moment, I'm looking forward to a week from today, when my off-season ends. The decision to make the trip to Atlanta was a very random one and the fact I am taking it with someone very special to me makes it even more amazing.

The thing I look forward to the most this season is visiting New York City for the very first time and conquering a coaster that I have wanted to ride since I first became an enthusiast almost fifteen years ago - the Coney Island Cyclone, possibly the world's most famous roller coaster.

OK, wow, Angie Im glad you wrote such a long reply, so I wont feel bad in doing the same LOL.

First and foremost, I am looking forward to 2010 being a much, much better year both professionally and personally to myself and both My Family and my Wifes Family than 2009 was. To say the least it was... um... less than stellar on both fronts, and Im absolutely anxiously awaiting the much talked about "Change".

Park related, Ive got a number of things Im looking forward to as well, starting off by opening my season at Worlds of Fun Opening Day on Apr 17th with Kat and Nick. WoF was the first non-Disney "big park" I ever went to, and living in Des Moines, I adopted it as my home park of sorts. I havent been there since My Wife and I made it a part of a vacation we took for our 5th Anniversary in 2008, and Im really anxious to get back on Mamba, Patriot, and taking my first ride on Prowler. What is going to make the trip even more enjoyable is being able to spend the day with two Friends who share the appreciation for the park and the rides that I have.

A very, very close second in the running is my first ever trip to Holiday World on its Opening Day of May 1st. I had planned on going there this year as it was, but after listening too Angie and Toms continuing raves about the quality of the coasters there while we were at the Timberliner Tour, I decided that I wanted to make my first time as memorable as possible. What better way to do that, than to not only be there on the first day of Timberliner operation, and with a group of people that I met last April on Opening Day at KI and immediately considered me "part of the crowd". I cant thank you guys enough for that, you know who you all are, thanks for making me feel very comfortable and welcome even when I tend to get shall we say "intense and outspoken" at times biggrin.gif.

One other park I havent been to yet that Im really looking forward to is KD. Not only am I really looking forward to riding Intimidator 305, but also to seeing the whole entrance and exit plaza they have built for the ride. I am, and always have been an Earnhardt fan, I was pro Earnhart before it was "cool" to be pro Earnhardt and being able to see and stand next to an authentic Black #3 again will be really nice. Im also looking forward to riding Volcano, as I have heard the launch out of the mountain is intense. With that all said, Im truly looking forward to getting back on Dominator, a ride I havent ridden since 2005, and is a constant reminder for me how much I regret not getting to Aurora before that fateful day in September of 07. I know some may think its "boring" or "a gimmick coaster" but I personally enjoy the way the elements flow and the speed coming out of the 135 foot vertical loop.

I will link the final three things Im looking forward to into one final paragraph. I am definitely looking forward to my second ever trip to CP, Im making a 4 day trip up there right after Holiwood Nights from June 8th thru the 11th, and if I can get a small group of people there with me Im betting I can be convinced to shake my intense fear of TTD. Speaking of Holiwood Nights, thats another thing that I am definitely looking forward to and the primary reason I joined GOCC. I am really glad I did, because that membership gave me three more things to look forward to, Mid Summer Scream at Waldameer, Fall Affair Sept 18th at Holiday World, and Fall Freak Out October 18th at KI.

Getting married and my honeymoon to Turks & Caicos and possibly a trip to Malaysia in the fall.

First, congratulations to you on your upcoming wedding.

As to me, I've got so many things to look forward to with my family this year that it's hard to say what I'm looking forward to most - and the truly special moment with my kids is usually an unplanned surprise.

On the coaster front, I'd have to say Holiwood Nights. On the sports front, I'd have to say watching the World Cup.

I'm looking forward to a likely 2010 return visit to KI, to ride some old favorites (Beast, DB, FOF, Racer, etc). as well as try some new rides (Delirium, AE, Firehawk, Flight Deck from front Seat, and...if it reopens...Son of Beast...but not from the back!). We are also thinking about possibly staying in a hotel and going for 2 days this time, because we may not have enough time to do all that in one day. laugh.gif We are also thinking about trying other nearby parks, such as Cedar Point, Holiday World, Six Flags Great America, Six Flags St.Louis, Indiana Beach, etc...

From a personal standpoint, I have one goal this year...get first job. If that happens, things will look way up for my family, and those previously rare theme park trips will become MUCH more common.cool.gif

Opening weekend trip to Dollywood and Carowinds.

Opening day of Cedar Point

Working opening day of Kings Island

Large summer trip to multiple parks.

2010 Freedom's Call Military Tattoo at the Wright Patterson Air Force Base on June 25th!

Multiple Columbus zoo trips

The Wilds

A nice weekend trip to Hocking Hills, OH

• Air Time (God I miss that feeling!)

A-MEN!!!!!!!!!!

I was driving through Dayton construction last week, and I hit a bump that went down a little. I actually got that momentary feeling in my stomach like when you go down a big drop. I literally screamed with delight, and had an ear to ear grin on my face for several seconds afterward! I was disappointed that there weren't more like it! :lol:

Getting married and my honeymoon to Turks & Caicos and possibly a trip to Malaysia in the fall.

Congratulations! :)

First and foremost, April 17th, cannot wait to return back to the Island and make some more fun memories with friends and family. Hopefully, another trip back to Cedar Point, although I don't know how I can top last year's trip (Those of you that read my TR know what I am talking about). I also plan to finally get to Holiday World this year, for the first time. I have heard nothing but good things about the park and look forward to going so much.

Giga, as far as BGE goes, it is an amazing park. As soon as you pull up to the parking tolls you will instantly get an old tyme feeling. Looking to your left and seeing Apollo's Chariot go whizzing by you and then you can see faint glimpses of other coasters as well. I am sorry you won't get to experience the Big Bad Wolf though, that ride is truly a classic. All of their coasters are world class in my opinion, from Alpengeist's massive drops and inversion, to Nessie's interlocking loops. I have not been back to the park since they have gotten Griffon but from the reviews I have heard of it, one of the best dive machines out there. The park is beautiful and it is truly a great experience. I wish everyone on this forum good luck and god speed in their endeavors they wish to accomplish during the 201 year.

I am looking forward to getting my license and be able to have the freedom and responsibility to drive me and my friends safely to Kings Island. I am also looking forward to my first serious job (my old job was sit around do nothing and get payed below minimum wage) at Kings Island. I am also hoping to meet many new people through my experiences at Kings Island.

Edit: And also a possible trip to KD.

I forgot to mention HoliWood Nights 2010. If that event is anything like it was last year (save for the hailstorm and tornado warnings), those of you who have never been before are in for a real treat. It is totally worth every cent and totally worth every mile driven.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17963&hl if anyone would like to read the PTR I put together from last year.

Seeing "Cedar Fair"...or "Apollo"... or whatever it will be...on the top of my paychecks again

No snow

Cedar Point thunderstorms

sitting on a bench back by Maverick people watching on my day off

B-dubs at 1 am with my crew

sprinting from space spiral to get to work on time after oversleeping

coming home after a good season

etc...

Nothing like watching a storm come off the lake and realizing you have no where to go. Especially when it rains sideways.

You mean like this?

n640870276_5732070_2521.jpg

It stormed for a good 45 minutes to an hour that day. The best part about that is watching 2/3 of the park run for the exit.. the park was DEAD when the sun came out around 5 pm. I got 6 rides on Millie in 1 hour. B) I usually try to keep an eye on my radar on my cell phone, and I'll usually duck into a gift shop and browse while the storm rages and more and more people leave.

I'm going to Washington D.C. in May with my school. It's the pretty much the "big one" in terms of field trips at my school. Knowing my luck, though, it'll probably snow before we leave and they'll cancel it.

laugh.gif

I'm going to Washington D.C. in May with my school. It's the pretty much the "big one" in terms of field trips at my school. Knowing my luck, though, it'll probably snow before we leave and they'll cancel it.

laugh.gif

My daughter (also 13) is going on here 8th grade trip to DC too.

I would of went to the DC trip but my band went to New york back in November that was a lot of fun! Only 700 dollars though for three days. Free breakfast and dinner we also went on a lot of tours like United nations, Ellis island, 9/11 tribute, we also went and saw phantom of the opera and played at the Statue of liberty!

Sorry for two posts in a row.