Early constrution photos of PKI

kiguy24

The only "groundbreaking" construction photo that I have seen is of the fountain area dug out...just dirt...then you can see a couple of building frames being started off to the side.

I would think some construction workers have some...and don't even realize that there are people on the internet who would love to see them.

Actually I think the park would do itself a favor by opening up IR again and having nothing in but photos of the park and maybe a movie clip or two going... I'm sure that QTV can come up with some sort of a short history clip to show. Maybe they could just do that and show it in the lines?

There is so much history in the park that would be great to share. If people do have photos of the park from way, way back, then it would be awsome to see some up. Mr. Chef, why don't you use your charm and talk Seibert into seeing if he can conjure up anything?

KI opening day pics

Not exactly construction pics, but here is a site that features 1972 Opening Day pics.

I'm fortunate to have brochures showing park models (as the park was being built) as well as video of the tower being constructed. It is the same video featured on the Coney Island video for sale around the area. If anyone finds pics of construction, we'd all probably like to see!