Will Intimidator 305 open on time?

They only have 1 month to go and so far I have not seen or heard of them testing I305 yet. Carowinds Intimidator has been testing for quite a while now.

So do you think I305 will open with the rest of the park 4/2 or are we in for a late April fools day joke.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't remember it taking Kings Island very long to get the mandatory testing in for Diamondback, so as long as they get the trains loaded and running in the next two weeks i could see it being open on time.

unless it has unforeseen downtime, but it's intiman, what's there to worry about? ;)

just check out giga's trip report from last years opening day at Cedar Point.?

I think the ride will open on time. First, it's not a prototype. There's nothing in this ride that hasn't been done already, except for that wicked first drop/turn combo done at >90 mph. Second, I don't think they'd want to aggravate anyone participating in that First Rider Auction, as it would create too much negative PR for the park.

Having said all of that, there's a reason why I'm not heading down that first weekend. I'm sure that KD is a nice park, but someone on this site wisely stated that you shouldn't go to a park just to ride one ride. I really hope that for everyone involved that this ride isn't problematic, because this is will be the highest profile coaster this year and I'd really hate for any undue negative sentiment to develop because of downtime.

It IS Intacrap....

And why do you say that?

And those are all Non-Roller Coasters, and most, much older. I was referring to the numerous maintenance troubles that usually come with prototype Intamins.

As much as I love Intamin rides, they have a tendency to maintenance issues, especially when first opened. Lots of rides under Intamin's belt (Xcelerator, Top Thrill Dragster, Kingda Ka, Maverick, on and on) have had problem after problem and headache after headache. So, as far as a maintenance standpoint goes, Intamin rides could be considered crap.

Very:

New Jersey gets intimately involved in the ride design process, even down to the amount of forces allowed on a ride and the number and placement of supports.

New Jersey's largest and most beautiful theme park is largely a union shop, and many issues must be negotiated.

New Jersey is the home of Congressman Ed Markey, who attempts to oversee the amusement industry like a hawk...and thus the state is even more vigilant in an attempt to keep regulation of amusement rides on the state level.

None of these factors are present in Virginia.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on the 5@5, didn't they say a new roller coaster must be tested about 100 times (per train?) before it's operational? Even if it is per-train, it couldn't take more than a few weeks to run through that, right? Assuming nothing goes wrong, of course... Just thinkin' out loud!

They have already started the pull throughs which is a form of testing. They still have a month. A lot gets done in the last couple weeks. I think it will be open. Now will it stay open? I don't think so. I'm guessing it will be a month or so where they get it to work consistantly all day everyday.