Will Intimidator 305 open on time?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome. high five. <_<

Anyway.. I think the ride will open on time. I don't know if I'd call it a prototype, though. It's very similar to MF, so I'd like to think that they've learned plenty about the operation of giga coasters. Will it be operational all day opening day... I doubt it. But you never know.

And those are all Non-Roller Coasters, and most, much older. I was referring to the numerous maintenance troubles that usually come with prototype Intamins.

This isn't exactly a prototype here.It's been slow going lately mainly due to the weather around here seeing as about a month ago at this time we were looking at two feet of snow on the ground but they're trying really hard to make up for lost time.

I looked at the webcam this morning & did see what could be a fully assembled train on the storage track so they're definitely making progress.

• 2 weeks later...

I read this on ThemeParkInsider. It is pure rumor so take it only as that.

Just an update to my earlier post. In addition to the problem with the pull through, there is a problem with Intimidator 305's lift motor. Two parts are on order, but one had to be refabricated. One part is expected in this week, the other not until next week at the earliest. Even if both parts arrive on time, they need at least 3 weeks to ensure proper testing of both trains. They are waiting for the parts to arrive to make sure the lift motor is fixed before they announce a new opening date for the ride. But now it looks like they might push it back to May 1 just to be safe!

Here are some great shots take last week by a friend of mine that is in the area. As you can see these were taken from on site. He says that he has been told that things are on track for opening day. This was as of last week though.

so if they repaint one of those cars to be the black 3, are they allowed (i mean do they have the rights) to showcase certain nascar drivers? I am sure they got some sort of ok from DEI but what hendrick motorsports for the gordon mobile? Does Nascar have to give an "all clear" for its drivers likenesses to be used?

If you look at the bottom of the intimidator website it list the following

© Copyright 2010 Cedar Fair Entertainment Company. Dale Earnhardt, Dale Earnhardt, Inc. and Richard Childress Racing trademarks, trade dress, names, likenesses and copyrights are used under the authorization of Dale Earnhardt, Inc. © 2010 Dale Earnhardt, Inc

So yes they have an agreement to use the names & likenesses. I don't think they are mentioning Nascar at all in association with the ride. They have mentioned it in the bio page of Dale Earnhardt. My guess is this is to avoid paying Nascar.

Someone on KD Fansite posted a link to on-site pictures of Intimidator 305:

http://www.flickr.co...57623438009503/

Then they said a cover or something was off of the catch car. Can someone with knowledge of how the lift system should work look at the pics and see if they see anything weird with the catch car or something?

spaceball.gifhttp://www.flickr.co...57623438009503/

Does something look odd about the catch car in that picture?

I have no idea what it should look like.

Got to 1:32!

They only got one test run because they apparently got booted off of Doswell Rd. by security. Also, the train appeared to be going really slow. I know, part of it is perspective and it just started running, but, I hope it speeds up a lot.

Edit: How odd. I'm listening to "crazy Train" on the radio right now as I watched this video and typed this. And the webcam is still not working...

Ok, as an avid Dale Earnhardt fan, I must protest in the inclusion of the #24 Jeff Gordon car to this ride. As many know, back in those days there were two camps, one that loved Sr. and hated Gordon, and those who loved Gordon and hated Sr. Therefor, I must protest in the inclusion of the #24 car among a fitting tribute to the real "King" of racing, Dale Earnhardt.

true if you say the word "King" then you must be talking about mr Petty. If you are talking about a true intimidation, well I will never forget Bristol and Earnhardt and Labontee banging sheet metal..... now you say you are an Earnhardt fan so why would it be bad if the black and white #3 was leading the rainbow warrior to the finish line? I say nothing would be better than Gordon chocking on E's exhaust...... but I was a Mark Martin fan.... oh whoa is me... lol