Alice In Wonderland

nhimes90

Seeing it Friday at 4:15! I'm excited, I quite enjoy Disney movies!

I love Disney movies too. I'm just wondering what Burton's "spin" will be like for this classic.

Many of his movies seem to go boom or bust, as he certainly has a different take on many things.

Seeing it Friday at 4:15! I'm excited, I quite enjoy Disney movies!

I love Disney movies too. I'm just wondering what Burton's "spin" will be like for this classic.

Many of his movies seem to go boom or bust, as he certainly has a different take on many things.

Yeah, I feel the same way about his films. Alice in Wonderland is a pretty trippy movie in its original form as it is, and I think it will lend itself to some of his unconventional story-telling. I actually can't wait to see what Tim Burton's "smoking caterpillar" looks like. His mad hatter character played by Johnny Depp certainly looks the part. It will be an interesting film. I had read one review that stated the movie was not a Tim Burton film distributed by Disney but rather a Disney Film with the Tim Burton touch. I think the latter will actually be a recipe for success!

I'm a Disney fan and have always liked Burton's films but have to admit that I'm getting pretty tired of Depp. That said, I'm sure he'll make a great Mad Hatter.

My inlaws will surely get it as soon as it's released to DVD and I'll see it then.

When we saw the trailer for it at the theater a few months ago, we asked GatorGirl if it looked good to her and she said no. But since they've been showing the commercials on tv, she now wants to see it. Hopefully it's better than Where the Wild Things Are, which is the last movie I saw that I was pretty ambivalent beforehand about seeing.