Extreme Drop

Coolangatta

I don't hear the best things of stand-up drop rides from male clientele. And then there's the floorless, tilting gyro drop Acrophobia at Six Flags Over Georgia where, upon reaching the top of the tower, the seats tilt forward fifteen degrees, almost forcing riders to look down at the drop before them... Wowowowow!

I don't hear the best things of stand-up drop rides from male clientele. And then there's the floorless, tilting gyro drop Acrophobia at Six Flags Over Georgia where, upon reaching the top of the tower, the seats tilt forward fifteen degrees, almost forcing riders to look down at the drop before them... Wowowowow!

I finally got the opportunity to ride Acrophobia at SFOG last year. OUCH!!!! My understanding is that the seats wouldn't tilt until the top, but alas, that was not my experience. We actually loaded in the "seats already tilted" position and needless to say that was the longest minute of my year last year. It's a great drop, but it'd be nice to enjoy it without the, em, discomfort. rolleyes.gif

It would be great if there was a platform to stand on for us men.

for stand-ups in general. i would like to see a better system.

I think ANYTHING with a "bump" in that area, should be thought of again in the design processes. So us men are not uncomfortable during operation of our riding experence.

I think ANYTHING with a "bump" in that area, should be thought of again in the design processes. So us men are not uncomfortable during operation of our riding experence.

I agree 100000%. Top Spins (real ones, not Giant ones) have this really terrible... I don't even know what it's for, just a giant knob that quite literally is angled inward, as if its meant to push into your crotch, especially during flips. I can't imagine why that can't be reshaped or something to create a better angle for male riders, or at LEAST add padding. Honestly. That's what I don't understand about HUSS rides. To have just a nice, padded seat like what you'd find in a car at least around the head, crotch, and lower back would make the rides they create MUCH more manageable.

I agree 100000%. Top Spins (real ones, not Giant ones) have this really terrible... I don't even know what it's for, just a giant knob that quite literally is angled inward, as if its meant to push into your crotch, especially during flips. I can't imagine why that can't be reshaped or something to create a better angle for male riders, or at LEAST add padding. Honestly. That's what I don't understand about HUSS rides. To have just a nice, padded seat like what you'd find in a car at least around the head, crotch, and lower back would make the rides they create MUCH more manageable.

It is meant to be... there... so that you can't slip out under the restraint. This is especially true for, for example, Moser Drop Towers. It would be incredibly easy to slip under the restraint if that bump wasn't there.

I would love to ride the one at SFOG that tilts your seat forward, that would add to the intensity factor. However, I love Drop Zone just the way it is, very thrilling and a very fun ride.

I've ridden Acrophobia a few times, and Drop Zone like ten trillion times and Drop Zone is way better. Acrophobia is fun, but after a few rides it gets old, plus it kinda hurts...

Huss designs its rides off of the average European sizing, therefor, since US males and females are larger (both in girth and height...) the seats are slightly uncomfortable.

As for the bicycle seats and other "bumps" there, how else would you keep from people sliding down and out? Before criticizing others' designs, what would you do to fix it? Always have an answer for issues, it makes things much easier for all parties involved.

It is meant to be... there... so that you can't slip out under the restraint. This is especially true for, for example, Moser Drop Towers. It would be incredibly easy to slip under the restraint if that bump wasn't there.

Yes, but Moser Spring Rides are very comfortable... at least compared to many similar rides... (Delirium *Cough* Crypt *Cough*) and the restraints feel safer, too. It would be nearly impossible to fall off of a Moser Spring Ride.

Always have an answer for issues, it makes things much easier for all parties involved.

I can't imagine why that can't be reshaped or something to create a better angle for male riders, or at LEAST add padding. Honestly. That's what I don't understand about HUSS rides. To have just a nice, padded seat like what you'd find in a car at least around the head, crotch, and lower back would make the rides they create MUCH more manageable.

^ :D Also, I am 5'6" and 130 pounds, so I'm not the 'average American,' and some of their rides are still uncomfortable. For example, I like the "isolation" of not really being able to talk to the person next to you on The Crypt, but they didn't do that on purpose... That shoulder restraint is huge, and unpadded for the most part. Literally having two little 4 x 4 inch padded (REAL padded, like filled with delicious fluff) would make it better for your head, and having the same on the crotch and lower back would be awesome.