Planet Snoopy Ride Names Announced!

arichmann

I like the names, I'll have to tell GatorGirl what they are tonight. She's been looking forward to them as much as I have. I actually tortured her a little bit over this past weekend by showing her the picture of Snoopy out in the snow in the parking lot. She loved it!

So tonight, I gathered the 6.5 year old and the almost 4 year old around the computer and showed them the new names. I've been teasing them with the KI facebook pictures and we even stopped at passenger pickup to look at the blue paint on "Woodstock Express" earlier this week - which caused the question "but what is it going to be called this year?" to be asked many times.

Their verdict on the names and website images - excitement, laughter, smiles. I'm guessing this is what CF/KI would have wanted. They also immediately recognized Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and Woodstock - although for the life of me I can't tell you why they should know them.

I'd also note that they also liked FOC, Flyers, Reptar, and River Adventure the last couple of years despite never watching Cosmo & Wanda, Danny Phantom, Rugrats, or Wild Thornberries (assuming those are the correct names of the shows).

To me, this indicates that the cheaper option was the better option for the park, although I'll follow others and wait for a final assessment until I see the actual in park decor.

We're #1! We're #1!

That will have to be in there somewhere!

If it's not in the actual ride, let me be the first to request a group trip JUST to ride RFYLCB and scream "We're #1!" while riding.

The Great Pumpkin Coaster came out of nowhere, in my opinion. I'm hoping for a pumpkin patch in the middle of the ride, with a fiberglass Linus sitting on top of a giant pumpkin.

We're #1! We're #1!

That will have to be in there somewhere!

Well, KI is The Fun and Only, after all. It would only make sense to include that.

I've been wondering for some time...Wonder if any other former Paramount Park or legacy Cedar Fair park is also The Fun and Only? It wouldn't be the first time for such a thing!

Did anyone listen to the Fun & Only jingle on YouTube?

Good grief.

The jingle turned out better than I though it would. Sounds much better than me saying it.

Loved your good grief, took me a second to get it though! laugh.gif

Around our house when someone is disappointed, we also say 'I got a rock.' in reference to Charlie Brown's trick-or-treat experience. I can already see my kids deadpanning this when they win deformed stuffed animals in Planet Snoopy this year.

So tonight, I gathered the 6.5 year old and the almost 4 year old around the computer and showed them the new names. I've been teasing them with the KI facebook pictures and we even stopped at passenger pickup to look at the blue paint on "Woodstock Express" earlier this week - which caused the question "but what is it going to be called this year?" to be asked many times.

Their verdict on the names and website images - excitement, laughter, smiles. I'm guessing this is what CF/KI would have wanted. They also immediately recognized Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and Woodstock - although for the life of me I can't tell you why they should know them.

I'd also note that they also liked FOC, Flyers, Reptar, and River Adventure the last couple of years despite never watching Cosmo & Wanda, Danny Phantom, Rugrats, or Wild Thornberries (assuming those are the correct names of the shows).

My daughter was excited to learn the ride names too. And then of course the next question was "When can we ride them?"

The Great Pumpkin Coaster came out of nowhere, in my opinion. I'm hoping for a pumpkin patch in the middle of the ride, with a fiberglass Linus sitting on top of a giant pumpkin.

I'm hoping for the cars to be painted like pumpkins!

Around our house when someone is disappointed, we also say 'I got a rock.' in reference to Charlie Brown's trick-or-treat experience.

That's funny, I do the same thing from time to time!

If, by some odd chance, they gave the ride a massive overhaul by adding Disney-quality sets and animatronics and fixing the guns so they actually work, and kept it a secret all this time, then I will be amazed.

However, if they wait until the last minute just to say they just renamed the ride like "Boo Blasters on Boo Hill" and did nothing to enhance the ride (minus taking out anything having to do with Scooby-Doo), then I will be livid.

The only scene that would need major changes is the last sceen. As I recall, many of the Scooby-specific props were already shut off on 11/1/09. Since the last scene could easily be covered with black sheets and turned into some sort of generic "You did it!" room, I have a feeling that they're doing more major changes. The other problem scenes would be Scooby in bed (although that could just be shut off), and Shaggy at the organ (could be covered up or repainted to look like a different character).