Planet Snoopy Ride Names Announced!

arichmann

The whole point of my post (which seems to have been missed) is that Spongebob is massivly more popular than any of the Peanuts.

It seems to what to have been missed is that Spongebob has been popular for the past 10 years, and is well on his way out (as can be seen- or in this case not seen on Nick) vs. Peanuts which has been popular for the past 50 years.

This.

Some are acting like this is the first time CF has installed the Peanuts characters in their parks. They have surely weighed their options, looked at how many nickles each would cost, and made what they thought was the best decision for the company.

Let's not forget what KI's kiddie area looked like before Nick Central/NickU. It managed to win AT's Golden Ticket with such well-known, loveable characters as Pixie & Dixie, Atom Ant, Dick Dastardly, Captain Caveman, and Top Cat.

While a (relative) few of the HB characters worked their way into the "timeless" category (Flintstones, Scooby, maybe the Jetsons), most were just as obscure and unknown, if not more so, than the Peanuts. Yet, despite all that, kids still begged their parents to take them to the park, happily rode the rides, and hugged the big characters for pictures.

Did they sell as many Huckleberry Hound T Shirts back then as they sold Dora shirts recently? I doubt it, but with the number of nickles from the sale of that Dora shirt which had to be sent to Viacom, I'd bet the difference shrinks up really quickly.

I am of the persuasion that the Hanna-Barbera characters would still work well - off the top of my head, even I don't know who Pixie and Dixie are, and I'm not that familiar with Quick Draw McGraw and others, but to me it feels like that would make them feel like a "Kings Island exclusive." Like, if there were life-sized cutouts of Pixie and Dixie outside their ride (which there might've been?) and they played Pixie and Dixie cartoons in line, kids wouldn't go "I'VE NEVER SEEN THEM BEFORE." They'd probably just assume that Pixie and Dixie were characters created specifically for Kings Island, and they'd grow to love them.

I suppose the same can be said of Peanuts...?

It seems to what to have been missed is that Spongebob has been popular for the past 10 years, and is well on his way out (as can be seen- or in this case not seen on Nick) vs. Peanuts which has been popular for the past 50 years.

Sure, but Nickelodeon as a brand is till more relevant to this generation of kids. Spongebob's popularity may be decreasing, but its not like that's the only show Nick has to offer. But then again, if Cedar Fair had to keep updating Nick Universe to keep up with the new shows, they'd go back to Peanuts anyway.

Then, when I told Lucy the results, she said she'd give me five good reasons and ended up waving her fist in my face.

WARNING:Peanuts Bashing Alert

That's something that I have found funny in the past but have never bothered to mention. I have read on here several times about how they think that it is good that Nick is leaving because a lot of the characters are not "good for the kids"...they are to inane and stupid.

(First off let me remind everyone, I do like The Peanuts a LOT...I just don't think they are still current enough for the kids.)

Have you ever stepped back and examined the personalities of the "main" Peanuts characters? I have found that if they were real people I personally would not like to hang out with too many of them. Here is what I mean:

Charlie Brown...could you really hang out with such a depressing person, he seems to just love to share his gloom. (Sadly, according to a recent biography of Charles Schultz he was pretty much Charlie Brown.)

Could you really hang out with a piece of swiss cheese with eyes, I'll take the dressing human being, jmo

Mind you, I have no idea what a dressing human being is, but I guess I should stop typing so fast :D

does anybody know what the new name is for the ex spongebob squarepants 3d ride. i was told that they there going to have 3 names for it and that they where going to let me know in march

Yes.

Three names:

Use Search Bar

Look for Your Answer

Posting the Same Question 8 Times: The Ride

Well, Planet Snoopy at Carowinds had pre- recorded spiels. Also, the operators on Woodstock's Gliders (Flying Eagles) were also clalling out what tub was flying the highest.

Rode Boo Blasters. One feature was really impressive. Hopefully ki gets the same feature.

Posted from my iPod touch at a hotel near Carowinds.

I am of the persuasion that the Hanna-Barbera characters would still work well - off the top of my head, even I don't know who Pixie and Dixie are, and I'm not that familiar with Quick Draw McGraw and others, but to me it feels like that would make them feel like a "Kings Island exclusive." Like, if there were life-sized cutouts of Pixie and Dixie outside their ride (which there might've been?) and they played Pixie and Dixie cartoons in line, kids wouldn't go "I'VE NEVER SEEN THEM BEFORE." They'd probably just assume that Pixie and Dixie were characters created specifically for Kings Island, and they'd grow to love them.

I suppose the same can be said of Peanuts...?

Pixie and Dixie were the mice who got chased by a large orange cat known as Mr. Jinx. Quickdraw was the horse best known for yelling "El Kabong!" as he bashed a villain on the head with his guitar...

For what it's worth, over at Carowinds Connection they're discussing Boo Blasters (and it appears it is VERY similar to Ghost Blasters...) and mention that there are 3-D glasses for sale in the queue line (*cough* Disaster Transport *cough*)... I just love nickels, don't you?!

*facepalm*

I KNEW they were going to sell 3D glasses if they had them for the ride. I can only imagine they'll sell glasses here if our dark ride is in 3D, and then someone will get the idea to sell glasses during the Haunt for CarnEVIL (Knott's does the exact same thing for their 3D mazes, except theirs are $3).

For what it's worth, over at Carowinds Connection they're discussing Boo Blasters (and it appears it is VERY similar to Ghost Blasters...) and mention that there are 3-D glasses for sale in the queue line (*cough* Disaster Transport *cough*)... I just love nickels, don't you?!

*facepalm*

I KNEW they were going to sell 3D glasses if they had them for the ride. I can only imagine they'll sell glasses here if our dark ride is in 3D, and then someone will get the idea to sell glasses during the Haunt for CarnEVIL (Knott's does the exact same thing for their 3D mazes, except theirs are $3).

And the one user on CarowindsConnection who purchased them said that they didn't add that much to the experience. I'll keep my nickles, thank you very much.

On the positive side, though, overall reaction to Boo Blasters on Boo Hill seems to be very positive from the Carowinds crowd.

And the one user on CarowindsConnection who purchased them said that they didn't add that much to the experience. I'll keep my nickles, thank you very much.

On the positive side, though, overall reaction to Boo Blasters on Boo Hill seems to be very positive from the Carowinds crowd.

Do they ever? Look at Disaster Transport... The fact that they even try to swindle first-time riders out of $2 - $3 for 3-D glasses honestly should be criminal. There is not a single "3-D" effect in the queue (which had been reduced due to the haunted house set up inside), and the ride is quite literally in pitch black darkness. It's the equivalent to selling 3-D glasses for The Crypt.

I'm very, very happy that Boo Blasters on Boo Hill seems to be a hit. It sounds as if it is simply Ghost Blasters, just with a different name. Unfortunately, it's the name that's so very embarrassing... Based on what's being said about other parks dark rides (and the secrecy around ours), I assume ours will be quite nice. But even if it's the best dark ride in Ohio (oh, wait...), if it's called "Boo Blasters on Boo Hill," then to me it will always be half of what it deserves to be...

And all because someone working at CFHQ can't be brave enough to say "Look, we are terrible at naming, so let's have a naming contest and whoever writes the winner gets a season pass." It costs them nothing, and our ride gets an adequate re-name.

The assumptions in this thread are astounding.

Fact there are some individuals that do not think Boo Blasters on Boo Hill is that bad of a name, I am one of them.

Also if CF was only concerned with money as the reasson for not renewing the Nick agreement than why would they incorporate Peanuts at KI? Afterall that costs more nickles than just a genderic kidsville theme.

There is a park that numbers it flags and its kids areas are filled with characters that have much less exposure and awareness than the Nick characters. Yet nobody complains about how outdated or the lack of awareness kids might have with those characters.

Finaly for everyone that continues to question the drawing power and relevance of Peanuts, I present a summary of a single rating for 2009 airing of "Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" on ABC.

"It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" (8:00-9:00 p.m.)ABC's special annual telecast of "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" attracted 8.8 million viewers and a 2.7 rating, 7 share in Adults 18-49, delivering the Net's best numbers in the 8 o'clock hour in 5 weeks – since 9/22/09. The animated Halloween special ranked as the night's No. 1 telecast and won its hour among Kids 2-11, beating the combined performances of CBS, NBC, Fox and the CW by 5% (4.4/14 vs. 4.2/13). Further, the PEANUTS holiday classic posted the Net's highest Kids 2-11 rating in the time period in over 11 months – since 11/25/08.

There is a park that numbers it flags and its kids areas are filled with characters that have much less exposure and awareness than the Nick characters. Yet nobody complains about how outdated or the lack of awareness kids might have with those characters.

I have been wondering how long it would be until someone brought this up. Looney Tunes are probably the most unexposed cartoons I know of. They don't really appear on my TV screen anymore. Do they still show them on channels like Boomerang?

Finally for everyone that continues to question the drawing power and relevance of Peanuts, I present a summary of a single rating for 2009 airing of "Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" on ABC.

By the way Railrider...this thread is for OPINIONS...don't try and cloud those opinions with FACTS! tongue.gif

All the kids that I saw at Carowinds over the weekend, were happy to see Snoopy and friends. Like I`ve said before, it does not really matter who the character is and how much they`ve been featured in pop culture on television in the recent years.

On the subject of Boo Blasters on Boo Hill, I don`t personally mind the nameeither. And having ridden the ride a couple of times at Carowinds, I hope that the Kings Island dark ride receives some of the special effects that the Carowinds one got. There are a couple of nice surprises in that ride!

They still show Looney Toons on Boomerang, don't they?

They do air occasionally, but not that often. When they do air, they are normally heavily edited rehashses of the most popular ones. id venture to say that 75 percent of all the episodes never get aired for various reasons, being political correctness, excessive violence, etc... there is a reason the sell Looney Tunes golden collection DVD box sets with the unedited, uncut cartoons...