Planet Snoopy Ride Names Announced!

arichmann

BING! The bell rings…time for the next round…

The names are proportionate to the star power of the character it seems.

You are sidetracking the debate. My statement/slam was meant to show that it is easy to have a more cohesive area IF most of the rides are based on the same few characters…not how they came to this decision!

6 of 18 is 33% Snoopy involvement in the theme.

Actually it will be easily more than that…the 6 I mentioned are the ones that are specifically themed after Snoopy…but if you throw in The Character Carousel, Race For Your Life Charlie Brown & Peanuts 500 where it is a given he will also appear…the figure goes up to at least 50%.

The new area will, and already does look fantastic.

I have already said that I have no doubt that the park can make it LOOK good...even if it is based on The Peanuts.

…a ride is a ride, a name is a name…

Walt would be SO ashamed of you for not only thinking this..but actually posting it! laugh.gif

You know, Standbyme, if I see one kid on opening day who says "I don't know who Snoopy is, I hate him bring back Spongebob," then I'll give you a cookie and a Nickel. I have a feeling I'll be rich in Cookies come April 17.

You might be very mad over Nick leaving, but from what I've heard from Carowinds and KD, the kids and parents really don't care.

If I see one kid on opening day who says "I don't know who Snoopy is, I hate him bring back Spongebob," then I'll give you a cookie and a Nickel.

You may not hear that...but I would be willing to bet that if you truly listen you could overhear kids asking "Where's Spongebob"..."Where's Scooby".

You might be very mad over Nick leaving, but from what I've heard from Carowinds and KD, the kids and parents really don't care.

Saying I am mad is an overstatment...I am sad. BUT, as I have said several times in the past, I do not blame CF for losing Nick...I know the renewal cost was probably way too high. (I DO still blame them for Scooby though! wink.gif )

AND, as for POSITIVE proof that SOME parents do care...I am the ONLY member of my family to renew my Season Pass this year. The park has lost 5 LONGTIME Season Pass members of my family...since there is no Spongebob they have decided that they would rather try something different this year...and having Snoopy as a replacement was the final nail in the coffin for them.

*sigh* Some people can't give up. Change is good. Snoopy is a fantastic addition to the park and, as has already been proven at Carowinds and Kings Dominion, this isn't just a cheap Cedar Fair 'retheme' but a true, well-planned overhaul that does the area justice. If they took out Nick and gave us a generic Kidzville, then you might have a valid argument. At this point, you're just trying to make noise.

If your family isn't renewing their season passes to the fourth biggest Seasonal Park in North America, JUST because the mascot is Snoopy and not Spongebob, then honestly, I don't know what to say. Diamondback, Beast, Eiffel Tower, Grand Carosuel, Live Shows, Blue Ice Cream, giving up all of that just because they can't get their picture with Scooby?

I'm trying not to use verbal insults right now. This is just....wrong....

Also, your kids are just fine with Hanna Barbera, a program that is long dead, (I believe it's avalible on Boomerang, a channel that you pay for) but then you go to Snoopy, (Who's routinely on Public TV and in the Newspapers) and all the sudden it's too outdated? Is this Hypocracy, or is it just being a nit-picky parent? At this point I really doubt it's your kids.

How I got drug back into the Snoopy vs. Nick discussion I will never know…all Cory and I were doing was discussing the differences in cohesiveness! laugh.gif

If your family isn't renewing their season passes to the fourth biggest Seasonal Park in North America, JUST because the mascot is Snoopy and not Spongebob, then honestly, I don't know what to say.

Like I said, I did renew mine…they have just decided that since the kids won't be missing out on Spongebob & Scooby they are looking at the other parks. Don't get me wrong, I am sure they will visit the park once this year…it's just that they don't see any reason to get Season Passes…and I only brought that up to show you that the lack of Spongebob & Scooby does make a difference to some people.

I'm trying not to use verbal insults right now.

Gee…thanks.

Also, your kids are just fine with Hanna Barbera, a program that is long dead, (I believe it's available on Boomerang, a channel that you pay for) but then you go to Snoopy, (Who's routinely on Public TV and in the Newspapers) and all the sudden it's too outdated? Is this hypocrisy, or is it just being a nit-picky parent? At this point I really doubt it's your kids.

You must have me confused with someone else…I have NEVER claimed "my" children like the Hanna Barbera characters. (Except for Scooby) When the park drags them out I have to beg "my" children to even go up to them! They do on the other hand LOVE Looney Tunes…so you can see where another park chain might be good.

Is this a case of the parents making the decision, yes…but the end result is still the same.

At this point, you're just trying to make noise.

I am insulted by this statement...you should know me better than that.

I actually have to agree with Reclaimer on this one...

How I got drug back into the Snoopy vs. Nick discussion I will never know…all Cory and I were doing was discussing the differences in cohesiveness! laugh.gif

We were discussing the differences in cohesiveness. This has now turned into some ideological debate like the rest of the thread, and picking apart language and word usage as opposed to the actual content of the logic.

And as for the ride is a ride and a name is a name comment which I posted, I was simply referring to the impact of the rides at Kings Island in the kids area and how they will attract kids either way, because they are fun. Certainly, to achieve a greater emotion from the rides and the area as Disney would want is the ultimate achievement.

I'm liking the new costumes, but it is a little disappointing how similar Linus and Charlie Brown appear.

If they ever decide to change the costumes a little bit...

1.) Linus has thick, messy hair that sticks up quite a bit off of his head.

2.) Charlie Brown is fatter than Linus.

3.) Charlie Brown's head is rounder than Linus'.

Also, I don't understand the overalls... The Peanuts are much more identifiable with their normal clothes.

Maybe there will be separate costumes for 'Charlie Brown's Hoe Down', and normal walking around the park? I hope so...

I'm liking the new costumes, but it is a little disappointing how similar Linus and Charlie Brown appear.

If they ever decide to change the costumes a little bit...

1.) Linus has thick, messy hair that sticks up quite a bit off of his head.

2.) Charlie Brown is fatter than Linus.

3.) Charlie Brown's head is rounder than Linus'.

Also, I don't understand the overalls... The Peanuts are much more identifiable with their normal clothes.

Maybe there will be separate costumes for 'Charlie Brown's Hoe Down', and normal walking around the park? I hope so...

These are just the costumes for the show. If you look at 2010 pics of KD, CW, or CGA (on Facebook) you'll see the PEANUTS in their "street" clothes.

News report of Kings Island's Planet Snoopy hosting disadvantaged kids today!

http://www.wlwt.com/video/23153800/index.html

A good look at a statue outside RFYLCB, the signage for Boo Blasters (complete with the GM emblems being replaced by BH), verfication of the mist effect on Boo Blasters.

A great look, and good to see so many happy children! :D

"The adults? It's funny. The adults come in with the kids and explain, 'Okay this one's Linus, this one's Charlie Brown,' and I think the parents might be having a little more fun than the kids." The anchor woman inadvertently jokes about a point many of us have speculated upon. :P

2010-04-17%2009.21.12.jpg

That Snoopy in the crate spits on you. Not as hard as the elephant, but still a spray none the less. *sigh*

Not to split hairs, but I think it's supposed to look like he's on a tube floating in a tub, not in a crate B)

Dogs in crates are far less likely to spray on you... He is in the tub. LOL

Woo Hoo! I finally have something about The Peanuts coming that is at least good news for me! One of my MAJOR complaints has been that the costumes of the actual gang were SO bad…but it appears CF might have been listening to our complaints! Rachel & company posted a picture of them over on Facebook with Linus at Carowinds…and I was VERY pleasantly surprised with Linus' new look.

Linuscomparison.jpg

Notice how much nicer the new Linus is. His head is rounder, he has a nicer smile…plus the eyes are smaller…not creepy at all! I also like that his body is now more childlike…we don't see as much of his legs, which makes him appear shorter…and the shoes are a lot bigger.

I am hoping that all of the gang got the same makeover.

Nice job Cedar Fair!!!! smile.gif

I guess I will make "noise" again...and I challenge anyone to say that I do not have a right! As you can see by my above post I gave Cedar Fair credit for redoing those AWFUL old costumes...so then I read Alluna's KI Opening Day PTR...and what does she show running around our park?!!!

4535934505_a9ace5cc7d_o.jpg

My son thought Linus could have looked better. I've bought mascot costumes before, and though these weren't too bad!

Do we not get a good Linus walking around in our brand new area?!

IF this is true I would like to see anyone defend CF for this "great" move. mad.gif

• 10 years later...

I have an honest question- why hasn't there ever been a Marcie costume? Its not like its just a KI thing, there isn't a Marcie costume for any of the Cedar Fair parks to my knowledge. Its not like she isn't popular since she's appeared in almost every Peanuts special that's come out. Heck we even got to see Pigpen for the Peanuts Celebration.

• Like 2