Planet Snoopy Ride Names Announced!

arichmann

The point of a water ride is to get you wet.

I disagree with this. I think SOME people ride them because of how the ride feels...unlike a coaster it is not on a track and each ride can change by the way the "log" tilts and bounces around.

Anyone can see before they ride that it will get you wet.

This I will give you 100%!tongue.gif

And, you would doubtless be right.

Cedar Fair, right now, at least, responds more to nickels by the 100 than to guests' concerns with water spouters....

I would also bet that most people like the elephant. I've heard people's responses both when the elephant was turned off and when it was turned off. There are far more people complaining about the elephant when it is off then when it is on. I've also seen many groups who had to ride in multiple boats stay and wait just to see the rest of their group get drenched. The kids love it for the most part, and isn't that who it's about?

My guess is we're getting this.

Little work would need to be done and some new sets could be added by Sally. However, if you watch closely and compare both Scooby's sets with these, there are very little differences minus the Scooby characters.

We should all hope it is like this ride. It is fantastic! It is MUCH different, and better, than SDatHC, the video does not do it justice. And if anyone has the opportunity, it is located on Clifton Hill in the "Canadian Midway". CM is much like a Dave and Busters

I would also bet that most people like the elephant. I've heard people's responses both when the elephant was turned off and when it was turned off. There are far more people complaining about the elephant when it is off then when it is on. I've also seen many groups who had to ride in multiple boats stay and wait just to see the rest of their group get drenched. The kids love it for the most part, and isn't that who it's about?

I'll take that bet.

Sure, kids love to get wet, but family memories last a lifetime. My kids would rather enjoy that particular ride with everyone and get then get soaked on AF. I don't see people that can intelligently argue that.

The elephant took away from all family members enjoying the ride.

My guess is we're getting this.

Little work would need to be done and some new sets could be added by Sally. However, if you watch closely and compare both Scooby's sets with these, there are very little differences minus the Scooby characters.

We should all hope it is like this ride. It is fantastic! It is MUCH different, and better, than SDatHC, the video does not do it justice. And if anyone has the opportunity, it is located on Clifton Hill in the "Canadian Midway". CM is much like a Dave and Busters

I'll take that bet.

Sure, kids love to get wet, but family memories last a lifetime. My kids would rather enjoy that particular ride with everyone and get then get soaked on AF. I don't see people that can intelligently argue that.

The elephant took away from all family members enjoying the ride.

I worked that ride for four years. I've seen thousands of families get off that ride. I can tell you first hand that more people complained when the elephant was not on, because they wanted it to be on. Almost every group of people that had to take two or more boats got off and watched (and laughed) as the second boat in their group got soaked by the elephant. The only time when a significant number of people complain about the elephant is in the pre and post seasons. During the Summer people love the elephant. I worked there. I know.

I worked that ride for four years. I've seen thousands of families get off that ride. I can tell you first hand that more people complained when the elephant was not on, because they wanted it to be on. Almost every group of people that had to take two or more boats got off and watched (and laughed) as the second boat in their group got soaked by the elephant. The only time when a significant number of people complain about the elephant is in the pre and post seasons. During the Summer people love the elephant. I worked there. I know.

So you quizzed the people standing outside the queue line that refused to ride due to the elephant?

That is what I call a multi-tasking effort for a employee that obviously knows it all!

...and who admittedly gets annoyed by guest complaints.

If you don't want to get wet, then don't ride a water ride. The point of a water ride is to get you wet. Anyone can see before they ride that it will get you wet. One of the most annoying things I have to deal with when I work is people complaining about the elephant.

The point of a water ride is not to get you wet, The point of a water ride is to take a ride in a boat. In the old days there were many water rides that did not get you wet, example a: The Enchanted Voyage. All you have to do is watch the ride to see that the majority of guests who ride are annoyed by the elephant. I've found that on days where the elephant is off the ride is much more crowded. As a kid water rides were my favorite rides, not because I had dreams of getting soaked, but because I enjoyed a nice boat ride. If you want to get soaked there is White Water Canyon or an entire water park, Kings Island is terribly lacking in peaceful family rides like the skyride, Antique Cars and Paddle Wheel Excursion at CP, take away the elephant and this is one of them

So you quizzed the people standing outside the queue line that refused to ride due to the elephant?

That is what I call a multi-tasking effort for a employee that obviously knows it all!

I'd say that the thousand people that ride every hour outnumber those that refuse to ride because the elephant is on.

If you don't want to get wet, then don't ride a water ride. The point of a water ride is to get you wet. Anyone can see before they ride that it will get you wet. One of the most annoying things I have to deal with when I work is people complaining about the elephant.

I do, but those are rare during the Summer.

The point of a water ride is not to get you wet, The point of a water ride is to take a ride in a boat. In the old days there were many water rides that did not get you wet, example a: The Enchanted Voyage. All you have to do is watch the ride to see that the majority of guests who ride are annoyed by the elephant. I've found that on days where the elephant is off the ride is much more crowded. As a kid water rides were my favorite rides, not because I had dreams of getting soaked, but because I enjoyed a nice boat ride. If you want to get soaked there is White Water Canyon or an entire water park, Kings Island is terribly lacking in peaceful family rides like the skyride, Antique Cars and Paddle Wheel Excursion at CP, take away the elephant and this is one of them

If it has a hill, it's supposed to get you wet. Enchanted Voyage didn't have a hill, did it?

I'd say that the thousand people that ride every hour outnumber those that refuse to ride because the elephant is on.

So are you saying the thousand people that were on the ride were the only people in the park? Because if not, there would be no way of knowing how many people did not go on the ride due to the elephant element.

And yes, Enchanted Voyage did have a hill. And I never worked at the park! wink.gif

So are you saying the thousand people that were on the ride were the only people in the park? Because if not, there would be no way of knowing how many people did not go on the ride due to the elephant element.

And yes, Enchanted Voyage did have a hill. And I never worked at the park! wink.gif

And I wasn't alive until 88, three years before it became Phantom Theater, and I didn't live in Cincinnati and had never been to KI until after it was Phantom Theater. I also seriously doubt there are many people that refuse to ride because of the elephant except during pre season and post season. On extremely hot days people love to ride it because it cools them off without getting them as wet as WWC or Congo Falls.

And I wasn't alive until 88, three years before it became Phantom Theater, and I didn't live in Cincinnati and had never been to KI until after it was Phantom Theater. I also seriously doubt there are many people that refuse to ride because of the elephant except during pre season and post season. On extremely hot days people love to ride it because it cools them off without getting them as wet as WWC or Congo Falls.

"Extremely hot days" would be the key phrase.

If the elephant was not spitting out water, people would be more likely to ride it on cooler days, mornings and evenings.

That's why if you don't want to be sprayed by the elephant, you and the other people you are with in the boat duck down, and let the person in the back get hit with all the water ;)

A VERY unsafe riding practice, and one that resulted in perhaps the best flume in the country (hint: it's in Orlando) getting greatly modified logs to prevent such a practice.

... and let the person in the back get hit with all the water wink.gif

Believe me I know this fact ALL too well. My nephew wanted to ride Thornberrys pre-season...he wanted to do it so bad I couldn't say no...so I was the one that took that "stupid" elephant's water all on my back so that I could keep him dry. It was freezing cold...but he was happy. smile.gif

I do, but those are rare during the Summer.

If it has a hill, it's supposed to get you wet. Enchanted Voyage didn't have a hill, did it?

Ah, but I didn't say the point of a hill is not to get you wet, I said water ride, that was in response to the idea that someone said the point of a water ride is to get you wet, which is not always true, a hill may get you wet, probably not drenched, but it's always a risk, but even if that is the purpose of the hill that has nothing to do with the elephant which is much more annoying than the splash that a hill will give you.

I can't believe we are back to this argument again. This is like the who likes/doesn't like SOB threads, and the who likes/doesn't like Vortex thread.

Some people absolutely love the elephant and enjoy riding because of it, others detest the elephant and won't ride because of it. End of story.

On hot summer days, and even on moderately warm days the ride has a full line. Not to mention the elephant gets people nowhere near as wet as say Congo Falls or WWC.

I would doubt that people are saying they won't go to Kings Island because of the elephant. They may say they won't get on the ride, and after paying the admission that is their choice. The ride has a fair number of fans that keep the line stocked full. Seems to me it serves its purpose. The smile on young kids faces when the elephant sprays is priceless.

Someone on here mentioned they enjoy the feeling of rocking in the boat as you move through the ride, I do to, but even more so I enjoy the speed, the quick turns, and the drops. I would imagine the last reasons I gave, and the prospect of getting wet on a hot day is what leads most people to the ride in the first place. Not that they enjoy the "gentle rocking motion" of the logs.

As we don't have a clear survey with a large representative sample, it would be interesting to know definitively what percentage of park-goers liked the elephant and what percentage didn't.

I was one of the people that used to complain about the elephant. Last year though, at least when I rode it, it seemed to be turned down. At first, it was like a bucket of water being thrown on you, but later it was more like a mist. I was fine with that. I really liked it last year.

As we don't have a clear survey with a large representative sample, it would be interesting to know definitively what percentage of park-goers liked the elephant and what percentage didn't.

My *guess* would be that a few just love the elephant, most don't really care, and a few dislike it. However, the ones who don't really care might be happier without it.