Planet Snoopy Ride Names Announced!

arichmann

The best way for them to make money would be to put in a quarter shooter gun like on WWC. When I saw my wife and daughter coming around the bend on that ride, I was throwing quarters at everybody by a cannon, and pointing them out! I thought about it later. I would love to see how much money they get out of those things at the end of the day!

26262_422715593367_155893938367_5173113_1718076_n.jpg

I'm throwing this out there, and this is probably very off, but could the sluice box in the background be attached to a water wheel? I don't know how they are built, but whatever they're building near it could support one, I suppose.

Just a thought.

Anyone who has any grudge on Cedar Fair, check this out.

You talking to me?! smile.gif

I have been keeping up on the photos...and my grudge is still holding firm. Like I have said in the past, in doesn't matter how nice of a job they do with Planet Snoopy it is still built on an outdated cartoon. (But yes, I will give them that they are doing a good job with the material they are working with. wink.gif )

Anyone who has any grudge on Cedar Fair, check this out.

You talking to me?! smile.gif

I have been keeping up on the photos...and my grudge is still holding firm. Like I have said in the past, in doesn't matter how nice of a job they do with Planet Snoopy it is still built on an outdated cartoon. (But yes, I will give them that they are doing a good job with the material they are working with. wink.gif )

Some outdated characters were seen inside of Nick Universe as well. Wild Thornberries was discontinued long before the past couple years. I believe Danny Phantom had also quit making episodes a while before Snoopy came in.

I'm throwing this out there, and this is probably very off, but could the sluice box in the background be attached to a water wheel? I don't know how they are built, but whatever they're building near it could support one, I suppose.

Just a thought.

There did in fact used to be a water wheel there. It was removed several seasons back. I know it was there in 2001, after the ride was renovated into the Wild Thornberrys. It likely had some rot issues, as the wheel was made out of wood. I haven`t seen the water wheel since. But that trough of water still has had water running in it.

And speaking of discontinued Nickelodeon cartoons, havn`t the Rugrats not been having new episodes for quit some time as well?

Just a thought.

There did in fact used to be a water wheel there. It was removed several seasons back. I know it was there in 2001, after the ride was renovated into the Wild Thornberrys. It likely had some rot issues, as the wheel was made out of wood. I haven`t seen the water wheel since. But that trough of water still has had water running in it.

And speaking of discontinued Nickelodeon cartoons, havn`t the Rugrats not been having new episodes for quit some time as well?

Fairly Odd Parents, Rugrats, Avatar: The last Airbender, and Little Bill were all cancelled while Nick U was still standing. Just about every ride there was except for the whole Dora The Explorer place over behind Avatar.

Just a thought :)

Think of it this way if you want - all new Peanuts materials were discontinued back when Schulz passed away... February 13th, 2000.

And ironically, keep in mind that, while Warner owns the catalogue for home video, Viacom (Paramount) has the rights for all theatrical releases! What don't they own? Discovery Zone, Roseanne, Nickelodeon, MTV, VH1... Wow.

Think of it this way if you want - all new Peanuts materials were discontinued back when Schulz passed away... February 13th, 2000.

New Peanuts comic strips ended on February 13th, 2000, yet are still are printed in a majority of newspapaers

6 New Peanuts cartoons have been released since Feb 13th 200, then, most notably on iTunes: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/arts/2008/11/02/2008-11-02_peanuts_goes_hitech_with_animated_comics.html

Some were direct to video, others were broadcast: http://www.fivecentsplease.org/peanuts-tv.html#COMPLETE-SHOW-LIST

Fairly Odd Parents, Rugrats, Avatar: The last Airbender, and Little Bill were all cancelled while Nick U was still standing. Just about every ride there was except for the whole Dora The Explorer place over behind Avatar.

Just a thought :)

Fairly Odd Parents went on a one year hiatus in 2008, but they're back and they're still me second favorite Nick show. (Though, the new episodes have lost their touch...)

According to wikipedia, Little Bill is going is still going on, but is currently on hiatus.

So I guess the real question is, what is better - a kid's theme that admittedly does require occasional updating to stay current and relatable to kids, or one that won't ever need an upgrade of any kind? I'm not trying to pose either as good or bad, it's just something to consider...

Personally, I loved Nick Universe but it is very true that something had to be done - an update or an overhaul. As much as I love Spongebob and Avatar, the fact is that three years from now, they'll be replaced by the "next big thing." It's not like when even I was a kid and shows were made to last for years...

You'd be hard-pressed to find any Nick / Cartoon Network shows today that aren't disposable - they're all poorly animated, un-relatable shows that admittedly are not meant to last more than a few seasons (and that's all that kids attention spans can take, anyway). They've lost their heart, and they're all about flashy, jagged animation and wanting to be teenagers. Nick Universe captured some of the final "long-living" shows - Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents, Dora, etc. but things like Lazytown, Danny Phantom, and others are over, and replacing them with more current Nick shows would only be relevant for 2 - 3 years before the next thing came out. So there comes a point where you say "We need to have this area branded with something that's consistent, or nothing at all."

That's a problem most all theme parks are suffering from - look at Six Flags and Wiggles World... The Wiggles will be so irrelevant in five years that Six Flags will find itself between a rock and a hard place. It's only when they return to Thomas the Tank Engine (which I loved as a kid, and my three year old cousin is currently obsessed with) that they'll undoubtedly find more long-term success. Even Mickey Mouse is undergoing cosmetic and attitude changes with the new video game he's set to star in that will return him to his "original, mischievous" self from the first cartoons. Why? Because, while he's "ageless," he's more of a figurehead for the company than a relatable, fun, character anymore. Universal's Woody Woodpecker area seems useless, since very few kids know who he is. Only by turning to the works of Seuss did they find a kids area that will be timeless, and only grow more and more beloved with age.

There's a very fine line that parks tread in their relatability to kids. Parks want to have trendy kids areas, but trends change. The "timeless beloved classic" may be less fun and less trendy, but that means it goes a lot further once the kids learn to relate. It's all about initial investment vs. upkeep. There's a lot more upkeep (and usually a lot more fees) when it comes to things like Nickelodeon, The Wiggles, etc. than there are with the classics.