"Planet Snoopy" Replacement

bkroz

I know a lot of folks on here are excited for Snoopy, a lot are disappointed. But both groups can surely elaborate on what they would like instead of Snoopy if they had creative control. Obviously I think Mickey Mouse is a bit far-fetched, but even something like Looney Tunes, etc. To be honest, I think that Snoopy has as much resonance as the comics in use at Toon Lagoon at Universal's Islands of Adventure, but in Toon Lagoon its done in a far-more whimsical way. And Toon Lagoon isn't even passed off as their kids area (that would be Seuss Landing) - it's a place for adults to sort of gasp and go "I remember that comic!" etc... And keep in mind, they're reduced to dealing with the comics who aren't represented by other theme parks, so no Peanuts, no Garfield, etc.

As far as my ideas, both are little ridiculous and the first is more of a joke (I've mentioned it before and got some funny responses, so I'll elaborate)... If we did have two "kid" area like Islands of Adventure this would be passable (but also highly criticized... but you know Kings Island, no one and nothing is off limits!). Imagine if Nick Universe became The City of Quahog.

Stewie's Mindbender (formerly Avatar) - A twisting, turning, bouncing adventure as Stewie and his hypno-ray attempt to gain control over Kings Island's masses! The giant Avatar figure would be replaced with:

194074-stewie_large.jpg

Chicken Fight (formerly, Blue's Skidoo) - Each Blue figure is replaced by numerous, different colored chickens, fists extended, flying in circles as they try to catch up to the chicken in front to pummel them.

Family_Guy_Chicken_Fight.gif

Evil Monkey Coaster (formerly Little Bill's Giggle Coaster) - Enjoy this fanciful kid's ride as you bounce in circles around the Evil Monkey who lives in Chris' closet.

evil_monkey_301.jpg

Family Guy: The Ride (formerly, Scooby Doo & The Haunted Castle) Enter into the Griffin's front door and board Stewie's newest transportation device for a hair-raising tour, crashing through the homes of Quahog's most famous residents!

MTS2_melethana_907482_Family_Guy_House.jpg

As a second idea (far more realistic), a figure that not many know about, who would undoubtedly be considered a mascot for Kings Island. He's a character from a video game: A raccoon named Sly Cooper who is a full-time thief, stealing his family's heirlooms back from the evil Fiendish Five. He's aided at all times by the brains of the operation, a turtle named Bentley, and the brawn, a pink hippo named Murray.

screenshot_sly2_15.jpg

I have plenty of ideas for such a kids area, but I hesitate to include them because I'm "designing" my own park (as so many of us do) and use Sly Cooper's world as the kids area for my park. ;) So perhaps you'll see soooooon?

What are your ideas!?

But both groups can surely elaborate on what they would like instead of Snoopy if they had creative control.

What are your ideas!?

Oh..."put up or shut up" eh?!

What I would rather see than The Peanuts is this...a land themed to what kids are still exposed to...the things they see in TV commercials!tongue.gif

I would like to see cereal characters running around like Tony The Tiger, Captain Crunch, The Trix Rabbit...at least the kids know who THEY are!

I would also have rides themed to games...it could be things like Monopoly, Rock em' Sock em' Robots, slinkies...even some video game characters. I think cheesy things like Sea Monkeys would also be good.

The other good thing about this idea is I think the cost would be low...or they may be even to charge the companies for the priveledge of being promoted...kind of like Gillette did for Top Gun.

Soooo....go ahead and hit me with your best shot...I still think it would be better than The Peanuts.

By the way, has anyone seen "The Office" episode where Andy gives Ellie a Valentine's Day card...she looks at and says something like "Oh, isn't that cute, it's a cute little dog and a yellow bird"...he then has to tell her it's Snoopy & Woodstock! laugh.gif

A Friend and I were talking about this the other day and we both agree a scooby-doo themed area called : The Haunted World Of Scooby-Doo! would be a kick-a$$ theme.And again I hate Family Guy with a passion...that wouldn't fit for an area targeted toward kids and families ...even if it is a joke... What about a Simpsons area or a South Park land. Or a Smurfs theme area that would rock! ;)

^ Though I don't know the legality of it all, Universal has rides and attractions themed to Popeye, Woody Woodpecker, and Betty Boop. Tom and Jerry, I don't know... Still sounds good to me.

^^ Clever! Even, "Nintend'o-round". Like, Nintendo-go-round? *cheesey eyebrows* B)

If Nick-O-Round works, so does Nintendo-Round! :angry:

Well, as long as we have Family Guy already thrown in. I say...Monty Python theme.

I Don't Like Spam! (Wild Thornberry's River Adventure) Travel through the trees in your own spam cart?

Smoosh (Plankton's Plunge) Giant foot that raises up and comes back down with a loud 'smoosh' sound.

African Swallows (Lazy Town Sportacopters)- Guests pedal a coconut-laden African swallow for a right jolly view of the park.

Musical Mice (Blue's Skidoo) - Children ride in large wooden mallets that raise and lower on their command to squash the delightfully squeaking mice underneath.

Silly Walk (Bikini Bottom Bash) - Do your best crazy strut through the waterworks.

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog - (Jimmy Neutron's Atom Smashers) Kids wait until the count of 3, (Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out!) then crash together a variety of holy hand grenades and killer rabbits.

Dead Parrot - (Danny Phantom's Phantom Fliers) A high flying adventure where kids can do their best zombie parrot impressions.

What I would rather see than The Peanuts is this...a land themed to what kids are still exposed to...the things they see in TV commercials!tongue.gif

But they are exposed to Peanuts in commercials. Snoopy's in commercials... although it's for MetLife! wink.gif GatorGirl likes those ads, even if Snoopy is in them very briefly. When she hears the Linus & Lucy music, her head whips around to the screen!

And BTW, I kind of like your ideas!

By the way, has anyone seen "The Office" episode where Andy gives Ellie a Valentine's Day card...she looks at and says something like "Oh, isn't that cute, it's a cute little dog and a yellow bird"...he then has to tell her it's Snoopy & Woodstock! laugh.gif

Yeah, I saw that... I'm surprised it took someone this long to bring that up!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, as long as we have Family Guy already thrown in. I say...Monty Python theme.

I Don't Like Spam! (Wild Thornberry's River Adventure) Travel through the trees in your own spam cart?

Smoosh (Plankton's Plunge) Giant foot that raises up and comes back down with a loud 'smoosh' sound.

African Swallows (Lazy Town Sportacopters)- Guests pedal a coconut-laden African swallow for a right jolly view of the park.

Musical Mice (Blue's Skidoo) - Children ride in large wooden mallets that raise and lower on their command to squash the delightfully squeaking mice underneath.

Silly Walk (Bikini Bottom Bash) - Do your best crazy strut through the waterworks.

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog - (Jimmy Neutron's Atom Smashers) Kids wait until the count of 3, (Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out!) then crash together a variety of holy hand grenades and killer rabbits.

Dead Parrot - (Danny Phantom's Phantom Fliers) A high flying adventure where kids can do their best zombie parrot impressions.

And that would be called Planet Monty with this playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5LMbcoTFFE

I really like everyone's ideas.

So far the best idea I think would be cartoon characters from cereal boxes

I would soooooo love to see a Captain Crunch ride

The haunted castle could then be Count Chocula themed

and even better, they would all be General Mills, which has a production plant not far from Kings Island. Since Kings Island already sells White Milk in most places, they could then sell the little boxes of cereal also. This would also help the milk sales.

And General Mills also makes the Veggie Garden Patties for Subway, and there is a Subway in the park also! So this means the Subway in the park would possibly add the veggie Garden Pattie to their menu.

-------------------------------------

But like I said, everyone's ideas here are good.

I like the video game idea! Possibly have a "Sony Playstation" for the kids area.

I would also like to add (Cartoon Network)

Power Puff Girls, Dexter's Labratory, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, Cow And Chicken, and many of their other famous cartoons.

As much as people love the "Peanut Characters", they simply no longer appeal to children and every time I see Snoopy I feel like someone is trying to sell me insurance. The only thing worse than Snoopy would be rides themed to the "Michelin, Tire Guy", "Mr Clean, Floor Cleaner", "The General, Car Insurance" and other unappealing cartoons in commercials that appeal to only adults.

but an entire year has already been sacrificed for Planet Snoopy so I say we keep Planet Snoopy at least till 2012.

hmmm *thinks to self*

Why do I get the feeling someone is going to be walking around the park in a Snoopy Outfit telling park guests "Get Met, It Pays"?