Calm Thunder

Coolangatta

I would like to know everyone's honest thought's about Thunder Alley, share your POV's over why it's still an attraction, what makes it a good attraction, and why it should remain in the lineup. As for me I alittle boggled as to why it's still alive and kickin' I'll be honest everytime I have been at the park that attraction has hardly if any people queuing or riding. I'm curious as to how much profit Thunder Alley rakes in, it must do ok I guess unsure.gif It's not that I have an issue with the ride but I'm just curious.

I'd like to see a round-up of some sort, I've always enjoyed them. Or even a chance Chaos ride. Oh and for heaven's sakes throw some trees in there.

On another note, I think it would be more worth keeping around if the track had a more involved layout. I can go to the little place up the road for probably half the price and drive on a track three times as long with more to keep it interesting...

I personally think it is unnecessarily taking up space. There could be a great flat ride sitting there and instead we have Thunder Alley...

Totally agree!!!! Not sure what king of flat could go in there...but I'd rather see a flat than a go kart track.....that's what other businesses are for...not KI.

Totally agree!!!! Not sure what king of flat could go in there...but I'd rather see a flat than a go kart track.....that's what other businesses are for...not KI.

id have to agree with you on that one, its not like the other pay to play rides that normally have lines. it most of the time i pass has no line

I'd like to see a round-up of some sort, I've always enjoyed them. Or even a chance Chaos ride. Oh and for heaven's sakes throw some trees in there.

After the Chaos ride accident at MA, I'm not too sure CF would purchase another. Also, I believe that Chaos at CP is still for sale.

I don't see TA going anywhere with the fate of SOB still in the air. I realize this is hypothetical so I think maybe a ride like the Flying Eagles would go well there. I did note realize that the Flying Eagles were missed so much till it was removed, especially by us enthusiasts!

Yep, the price is just too high for a few stolen minutes on a lame oval of track. I remember riding it once in Jr. High, then pitying my mom for having paid for it.

Is it bad that I just want them to put some trees there? does that mean I'm gettin old? My chief complaint about this park since childhood has been the lack of landscaping. I'm ready to just drop a truck load of trees off at the front gate, or start an initiative to get plant donations from park guests. It has been a long time since anyone in ownership of Kings Island has given a care to what the park atmosphere is like. Don't they understand that people love The Beast for the trees? That people would delight in a fully dedicated River Town with actors on the train and gun fights in the streets? People love the stuff that gives a park tradition, theme and character. The whole park would benefit exponentially if each area stuck to it's guns and thrived on guests getting lost in the theme. The areas are there to help people navigate the park map more than they are to enrich the culture of the park. It's not all twisted metal and obnoxious basketball games, Kings Island!

Sorry. The landscaping/area theming is one of those issues where I just want to shake someone silly.

Yes they must make money off of it. However, on several instances this past Halloween Haunt, it was closed on Friday nights when I visited. Granted Friday nights weren`t as busy crowd wise, and staffing could have been an issue, but it still seemed odd to have it closed.

I think if the park were to add flat rides, the better currently available location would be the old site of Flight Commander, where the Eurobungy sits. That area of the park certainly could use some sprucing up and an anchor attractions. That midway through there, short of the exit for The Vortex, does not really see much foot traffic.

Well I think we need to look at what ride would exactly fit into the theme of things since it rests in the Action Zone area. So something that wouldn't clash with neighboring rides, something thats attracts attention. I thought about Gravitrons, Round-Ups, Himalaya or Beryn Kerve, and I liked the FlySwatter idea mentioned earlier too. I found this neat ride called the Vomitron I think it's at a park in Australia somewhere:

Now that's an action ride but the janitors might hate wacko.gif

Well I think we need to look at what ride would exactly fit into the theme of things since it rests in the Action Zone area. So something that wouldn't clash with neighboring rides, something thats attracts attention. I thought about Gravitrons, Round-Ups, Himalaya or Beryn Kerve, and I liked the FlySwatter idea mentioned earlier too. I found this neat ride called the Vomitron I think it's at a park in Australia somewhere:

Now that's an action ride but the janitors might hate wacko.gif

That ride looks like fun!

Knowing Cedar Fair, if they still own the park, I would not be surprised to see Thunder Alley removed and a large Three Point Challenge installed in its place....and yes, the one at the old Flying Eagles site would also remain...

I believe you are not considering the possibility that Thunder Ally may be as successful as Three Point Challenge...

This is an industry that counts its nickels afterall!

Yes, that is possible. However, the three point challenge has rather minimal maintenance costs, after the initial capital investment. Thunder Alley, requires licensing by the state, annual maintenance on the cars, not to mention the cost of the gas for the cars. While these costs may be insignificant in the grand scheme of things, they will eat into the profitability of the attraction. By comparison, the three point challenge just has the staffing costs, and the costs related to the prizes.

Coasters you said that a flat would fit in better where FC was and where Euro Bungy is now. Well here's an idea, throw Euro Bungy in where Thunder Alley is and add some landscaping around it to kind of spruce up the area. Then, put the new flat in where Euro Bungy was and there you have it, no more Thunder Alley and a brand new flat.

I think that it goes good with Action Zone, but it's right in the middle. Surrounded by Drop Tower, SOB , and Delirium, I don't know what could K.I. could afford to put in that is even in their class. The profit for the Go Karts is, I expect, down the drain. So, why not get some visitors to come with a new exciting ride?