Nice I really like these. It is too bad that you can no longer ride with the pilot.

Last year we were the first one up to an empty station and asked if we could ride up front. The answer was yes. Shortly after I noticed a family with a little boy that was celebrating his birthday. I asked if he would like to ride up front. His parents had no idea that they could. We switched and when we got off they made a point to find me and thank me. It feels so good to spread some magic when your at Disney.

I don't believe we'll see guests riding up front until the fleet is upgraded.

I have certainly ridden up front may times. It's a little weird seeing the beam in front of you; just because you're not used to it. There's a lot to being a monorail pilot. The system has "floating block zones" if you will. It's pretty cool the way that the monorails keep track of their spacing.

On a somewhat related note...the trailer for Tron: Legacy looks really cool! I'm really looking forward to this movie.

This should be quite a revenue year for the Disney studios..."Alice" (which is making huge$$) in the Spring; "Toy Story 3" in the Summer; and "Tron" at Xmas!

Oh, if they only would extend the monorail to MGM and AK... (yes, I know it's never gonna happen.)

Says who?

Well, it is unlikely ever to be extended to something called MGM...

Otherwise, I suspect it will happen. It's just a matter of time...

I will neither confirm nor deny a plan for extensive monorail expansion...

There was even talk and plans drawn up to take a monorail to MCO. I don't foresee any additional monorails ever being installed.

The airport thing... no. For one Disney isn't going to build off Disney Property; plus we're talking something like 20 miles from the middle of property to the airport. Before MCO was built, there were extensive plans for it to be built just off Disney property near I-4 and 192 but plans changed.

i'm not real big on the new monorails, maybe i'll like them better when i get to see a picture of a real one, not a computer generated model photoshoped to look like it's on a track.

i'm guessing that these are decal like "stickers" kind of like the mickey ear balloons that were on the monorails last year. if so, i'm really hoping that they don't peel back and start to get dirt over them like they were doing when i went back in july.

Not sure I like the monorails being used as advertising billboards, but I guess that is to be expected in today's world.

As for TRON, my funniest memory has to be from college where a guy in my dorm had a motorcycle with a LYTCYCL (or something similar) license plate, leathers and helmet designed to match the movie look, and a full sized video game in his room (although this was eventually moved into the hallway).

I saw that video yesterday. I think they look pretty cool. Especially the blue one with the white outlining on the bike and the word "Tron". But I am glad that these are only on the Epcot line too. It looks like a lot of people are looking at them as they pass by.

I saw that video yesterday. I think they look pretty cool. Especially the blue one with the white outlining on the bike and the word "Tron". But I am glad that these are only on the Epcot line too. It looks like a lot of people are looking at them as they pass by.

There is only one. Its a yellow light cycle on one side and a blue one on the other.

• 4 weeks later...

^wait, so after the accident they just took the good halves form each monorail, slapped them together, and painted them?

anyway two weeks after the accident i took these pictures:

ImportedPhotos00019.jpg

ImportedPhotos00018.jpg

so, are there multiple of each color monorail?

I believe the train in your picture is Monorail Coral. The Coral train has a white Delta in the middle of each car.

This is monorail pink:

florida19.jpg