Triple Twist at GWL

alluna

Hey gang. I did some investigating today about the new Triple Twist slide over at GWL. They presented a family with a certificate to be the first 'official' family to ride the slide on the 26th, but after some poking around I found out that the slide is open right now for anyone who is staying there.

I also found this gem of a blog from the guy that helped build the slide and has posted photos: http://waterslideservices.blogspot.com/

We're on the same boat as most people when it comes to the price of GWL, but putting back some money for a few months is enough to pay for the room. We get there early the day before around 1 pm, party at the waterpark until check-in, throw our stuff in the room when it's ready. We have the rest of the day to play around, and the next day after check-out we throw our stuff back in the car and enjoy the waterpark and magiquest for another day until late into the evening. So for two days of messin around and a hotel room, the cost isn't that bad. I put more money saving tips in an article on Examiner, but I don't want to be spammy by posting the link here too many times. It's in my profile, though. :P

Next week I'll be going to the Lodge and taking my waterproof camera down the Triple Twist and posting a video at the Examiner site. Going to try to do daytime and night time to catch the special effects lighting at it's best. For that I probably will post a shamelessly promotional link. :rolleyes:

Is anyone else as excited as I am or am I just a waterslide freak?

Be sure you're allowed to do a POV before you actually do it...

It should be alright. The policy states that you should not take photos/video of other people in the park, just your own family. If I tape the back of my son's head and screams going down the slide, I don't see a problem with it. Except having to put music over those screams.

I understand that coasters have no-camera policies, but cameras are given free reign at GWL from every instance that I've seen.

Edit: found this bit in my research: http://askamom.greatwolf.com/questions.aspx?sort=&page=&questid=229&parid=21&catid=104

Wish it was just as lax for coasters, but I guess it's for the best what with cameras getting dropped/landing on folks. ;p

Oh haha. I looked the phrase "bare in mind" up before you posted that. It came up instead as "bear". OK, I get it now. :)

I actually think the answer was stupid anyways, because of course you would bring a waterproof camera....or at least protection. Are people stupid enough to take their camera underneath the splash bucket?

oh jeez. thats pretty bad. My favorite part is when she said "Just bare in mind that water tends to be everywhere" hahaha really??

Teehee. It just makes it funnier because it's a water park. When I pass by those hairy-backed dads, I, for one, will not be 'bare-ing in mind'!

Are people stupid enough to take loose cellphones on Diamondback?

I love it! Is this not everyone's favorite new past time?!? :D DB Catch of the Day...On our way in the park we guess how many flip flops, cell phones, hats and coins will be in the net. Closest to their guess gets some kind of special in-park treat.

Actually, I was in line for the Crypt with a fellow KIC member this past season. Right as we were walking into the cave entrance, a phone came flying from a rider on Diamondback and landed at our feet. It was still functioning, and after our ride, we were able to return the phone to its rightful owner. Lucky for them that there phone survived.

Actually, I was in line for the Crypt with a fellow KIC member this past season. Right as we were walking into the cave entrance, a phone came flying from a rider on Diamondback and landed at our feet. It was still functioning, and after our ride, we were able to return the phone to its rightful owner. Lucky for them that there phone survived.

Wow, and lucky for everyone else, it landed at your feet!

It's just a matter of time until someone is seriously injured or worse by a flying phone. People make fun of Six Flags no loose items on the coasters so in our revenue generating lockers they must go policy and its enforcement, and it does seem to be more aimed toward generating revenue than anything else...but it may well save a life...even if it does, we will never know, though.

family stayed there last weekend.. or i guess two weekends ago- and yes, it is open.

It's pretty fun; rode it 3 times. Got my face slapped with a wall of water on the first "funnel"- mabe because I rode it at night, couldn't see a thing, and the LED lights weren't on yet. Oh, and I about capsized.

But, it was fun!

family stayed there last weekend.. or i guess two weekends ago- and yes, it is open.

It's pretty fun; rode it 3 times. Got my face slapped with a wall of water on the first "funnel"- mabe because I rode it at night, couldn't see a thing, and the LED lights weren't on yet. Oh, and I about capsized.

But, it was fun!

Awww. I'm really hoping the lights are on when we go....:blink:

I've actually been hit by a phone in that very spot. Imagine my shock! (and why I instinctively cover my head while passing that area and hearing a train coming!)

well that blows. it honestly could be though that they were doing a dry run and now have shut it down until opening day to make it seem to all the guests currently at the park that they are the first and feel more important, as most people only stay a few nights, if that... i certianly hope that is not the case, though...

Yep, hopefully it stays open and safe from now on. We saw a tarp draped over the opening on Saturday and a work vehicle out there. On Friday the slide was simple not turned on. I'm hoping that the injury rumor was false, though, or that it got fixed.

Were they using double tubes? If so, I can imagine *exactly* what happened. My guess would be that they found that people were switching spots during the ride. That happened at my local waterpark in Rapid City, SD... led to some very nasty incidents before they stopped using the double tubes.

They had it clearly specified that you could NOT use the normal clear tubes (That are single or double, your choice), but you HAD to use the single Green tubes for Triple Twist. The way the ride works, I'm pretty sure a double tube would be pretty rough. It's intense enough as a single.