Favorite Sounds at Kings Island?

apianoplaysmusic

My favorite sensory experiences at KI are as follows:

Taste - Frozen bananna and strawberry smoothie from the Paradise Island stand.

Touch - I love the shape and feel of Diamondback's seats and restraints. I have always said, long before Diamondback, that I wanted a B&M Hyper seat for my living room.

Sight - International Street still causes my heart to race.

Sound - It WAS the live band organ that no longer plays on the Carousel. Man I miss that - a HUGE fopaw on KI's part for not having that operational.

Smell - The hot grease smell from the chain on Beast or Racer

Shaggy

When I was younger, I used to love walking through the front gate and all of a sudden International Street appeared. The sight of the fountains and the tower was just breathtaking. I also remember there used to be a certain "clean and fresh" scent from the water that I no longer smell when I go through the entrance.

But as for sounds... the music that used to play on I-street and the sound of the lift chains clinking.

I guess I'll follow the format Shaggy used:

Sight: Oh my, what to choose from. I have to say, the views going up any lift, really, are great. Watching Earth slowly leave you is something the normal fear and the insane take pleasure in. I guess I'm the latter. :)

Sound: Of all the sounds at Kings Island, either the sounds of the fountain water rushing (Mixing rushing water with Kings Island, talk about calming), or the sound of a lap bar ratcheting down. *click click click!* Is there a more beautiful noise?

Smell: Nothing beats the smell of Chain Greese. B)

Taste: Ice Cream! One of the best memories I've had at Kings Island is eating Chocolate Ice Cream while walking down Coney Mall. Something like that can make anyone feel young at heart.

Touch: The feeling of sitting in a Coaster Seat, with a lap bar across my lap, my feet on the floor feeling ever bump on the track, my hands in the air feeling the wind in my palms, and loving every single second of it. :)

My favorite sounds (besides the the obvious... the sound of lift chains):

GatorGirl's laughter and comments on the rides

Invertigo's siren - having worked at the front gate for years, this is the sound that to me means the park is soon to open

The sound of the train whistle - for some reason this sound always stood out from the others whenever I would be up in my office

The sound of people screaming on the rides

Drop Tower's woosh as it drops

"3, 2, 1, Fly"

Gone but not forgotten: I'm with Shaggy on the Carousel's organ sad.gif

I love the sound of Invertigo that is heard from the parking lot. The "click-click-click-click-[pause]-AHHHHHHHHHH!" It just gets me pumped!

I also enjoy the sound of Invertigo while walking up to the gates, it probably has some of the most mechanical noises out of any other ride in the park. Also, although some seem to hate it, I also like the sound that the Crypt makes.

Hmmm.... I have quiet a few! haha

Sound- The buzzing sound on The Racer or Beast when the lapbars are released. The sound of a chainlift. Diamondback's roar, just to name a few.

Smell- Adventure Express' mildewy smell in the tunnels. Hot asphalt. Food along the midway.

Taste- Blue Ice cream!

Touch- Diamondback. :lol:

Sight- The royal fountains and international street. The Eiffel Tower. Coney Mall. The whole park from atop the Eiffel Tower!

These are all great answers that are making me want to run outside and officially declare it April. I don't think anyone would listen, though.

I used to work in the picnic grove. I miss hearing the "top gun" soundtrack

We used to make fun of this a lot, but once it left we were all sad. Now we have to start singing it alone...

I love the sound of Invertigo that is heard from the parking lot. The "click-click-click-click-[pause]-AHHHHHHHHHH!" It just gets me pumped!

This. B)

The smell of sewage on Adventure Express!

Heehee...

Sound: Back in the day, the Paramount soundtrack that you would hear when you walked into the front gates. Now, listening to my kids scream a fist pumping review of the coasters after they've ridden.

Sight: Coming around the bend on WWC and I'm not the one primed for a lap of water.

Smell: Funnel cakes!

Taste: Outer Hanks and a beer.

Touch? I try not to touch too many railings/door handles. Gripping the lap bar?