Warren County Advises PKI To Ask Mason

Dan

After Kings Island requested 500,000 gallons of water, Warren County advised PKI to ask Mason. Click here for the full article.

Paramount’s Kings Island has big plans for a water park resort. Now it has to figure out where to get the water. Warren County officials say the theme park has asked for an extra 500,000 gallons of water a day and an extra 500,000 gallons of sewer capacity a day for the expansion and future park use. Commissioners are considering the request, but also advised the park to ask Mason for water because county systems are nearing maximum capacity because of a boom in residential and business growth.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

And the fact that the Little Miami River is a state and national scenic park brings with it its own restrictions. For example, talks of the proposed Eastern Corridor project have focused on a new proposed bridge over the Little Miami by State Route 32. Some advocates are concerned over what environmental impact the new bridge would have. I`m sure if PKI were to install a water plant (which I doubt due to the operating costs) it would be met with protest from the protection under the state and national scenic river designation as well as by environmental groups.

I just noticed that this was my 2000th post.

• Like 1

Perhaps Great Wolf should purchase The Beach Water Park to get its water. The land can be re-developed as luxury homes for Homerama with Tiki decor. And the staff at The Beach can work for Great Wolf - they are a great staff. Just a silly thought.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

There must some confusion here... The topic of the original post and article had to do with Water Works/Boomerang Bay expansion for 2004.

Some here are thinking that Great Wolf Lodge is this mega water park that may be a Beach-killer. I'd hate to say this, but those who see the actual water park may be a little disappointed. The main purpose of the GWL is that of a HOTEL. The most striking amenity, of course, is the indoor waterpark, but it is much smaller in size and water demand/capacity than Boomerang Bay or The Beach. The features of GWL's indoor water park are several slides, a small wave pool, play areas, and an outdoor pool - something, again, small and exclusive to the guests of GWL (like any motel/hotel pool would be).

I am, however, excited to see the Great Wolf Lodge coming next to PKI - it will be a great place to stay for families visiting Cincinnati and PKI, and a destination within itself.

Also, I think the Beach is still a great water park, as it has some neat, intense slides, and a nice wooded setting. Closing the Beach just to get its water supply is much more than GWL would really need.

• Like 1

• 10 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Eastern Corridor thing made me chuckle because that project has gone NOWHERE.

And someone was having thoughts about The Beach closing.... in 2005 which it did for one year in 2012 only to reopen in 2013.

Thanks for the bump, The Interpreter! 

• Like 1