OFFICIAL! Son of Beast Will NOT Operate in 2010

BoddaH1994

I have just received official word from the park that Son of Beast will NOT in fact operate in 2010. The park will, however, still be entertaining the possibility of operating it in the future.

Now that we have this out of our season, let's look forward to the 2010 season and what it will offer. It's only about a month away!!!

I'm sure that tearing it down COULD happen, but as the article implies, it's not the plan right now. Hopefully we'll se a newly reborn Son of Beast in 2011, but only time will tell.

That's what I'm hoping for too. But for now I Just can't wait to step in the park again.

I'd rather want a new attraction more than a new SOB in 2011.

I HIGHLY doubt that any major new attraction is in the cards for any of the parks next year at least under current ownership (which is pretty much certainly going to be completely different in the near future...) That being said, I think Son of Beast could still make a triumphant return sometime late this season, after the dust is settled with who owns the park. They already would have two engineering firms looking into possibilities, and its possible the new owners could just say hey lets do this. I hope (but highly doubt) that Son of Beast makes a return July 4th like 2007! that would be awesome! Point is, i dont think Son of Beast would ahve interfered with ANYTHING coming into the park whatever year it would open...

I don't smell a renovation. What I smell is a park trying to quietly decide a ride's fate without too much backlash. It'll go from "we haven't decided" to "it won't open in 2010" to "it won't operate for a few years" to "anyone want to buy a piece of it?".

I wonder why it's still on the website...

• Like 1

I'd rather want a new attraction more than a new SOB in 2011.

Honestly to me I think a "new" Son of Beast is more interesting but it depends what the new attraction is.

We should not jump to anything, for right now it seems they are wanting to get the ride right, not a tear down and replace. At least that is what I am reading today.

Who exactly runs the website anyways - whoever it is, he's not too good at updating stuff! :P

But they probably should say they're closing SOB, because some people might be excited to ride it on opening day, and then become disappointed.

Uhhh... I'm not sure how much more clear we could be than, "OFFICIAL! Son of Beast Will NOT Operate in 2010"

the coaster could be DRAMATICALLY improved if the "bowls" were removed in favor of making it a true "terrain" coaster.  I think it can be salvaged into a much better experience.  The roughest parts of the ride were when the track curved anyway.

It looks like a true terrain coaster to me!

Other then that the ride experience would be much better without the rose bowl. No aching pains!